Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2392

Thread: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB- Expansion

All the stands are being renovated in some capacity so I dare say the BC will get a facelift and some TLC.

The club are doing things properly these days too so theres no way they'll leave it in it's current state while others done.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure there's good things in store for the old girl.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Miserable bastard

Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB- Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Just wondering if the name came from the word "spion Kop"? a colloquial name or term for single tier terraces at sports stadiums?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spion_...s)?wprov=sfti1

Can't Re Member

Is this going to be the next 壮ky sports now! link?

Oh FFS.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Bonalair View Post
    Is this going to be the next ‘sky sports now!’ link?
    Bugger, I somehow missed a whole page.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    It always amused me that people used to refer to the old Bridgford End terrace as "the kop". It was actually only two-thirds the size of the Iremonger Road terrace at Murder Lane, let alone being completely dwarfed by the one at Anfield.
    Leicester痴 terrace at Filbert St was called the spion kop as well, a similar size to the 壮coreboard paddock at Old Trafford.
    The Holte End at Villa was the largest 遡op if I remember right.

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Leicester’s terrace at Filbert St was called the spion kop as well, a similar size to the ‘scoreboard paddock’ at Old Trafford.
    The Holte End at Villa was the largest ‘kop’ if I remember right.
    Aye, the Holte End held over 30,000 in it's heyday, whereas the largest covered kop was at Hillsborough, over 20,000 after it was extended in the 80's.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Aye, the Holte End held over 30,000 in it's heyday, whereas the largest covered kop was at Hillsborough, over 20,000 after it was extended in the 80's.
    I wonder what that huge terrace used to hold at Charlton that run the length of the pitch...

lol

DAwg that looks monolithic

Impressive member

We need a Gary Megson toilet in the TE.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I wonder what that huge terrace used to hold at Charlton that run the length of the pitch...

Fuck knows, but they had 75,000 in there in the past.

I'm sure at one time it was the biggest capacity football league ground in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Hillsborough had the largest covered Kop but the Kippax was the largest covered terrace (i think)..

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    We need a Gary Megson toilet in the TE.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk
    If they can't sort a toilet I'll gladly take Gary Megson himself, and shit down his throat every other week instead.

There was a very good documentary a few years back on the BBC I think about the origin of the name Kop which replicates the Wiki page. A good watch if still available anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My grandad has a Boer War medal with a clasp for the Orange Free State, I wonder if he was at the actual Spion Kop. Never asked him.

Remember, young people, ask your elders what they've done or seen, you might regret not doing so in later life when the past means a bit more to you.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    My grandad has a Boer War medal with a clasp for the Orange Free State, I wonder if he was at the actual Spion Kop. Never asked him.

Remember, young people, ask your elders what they've done or seen, you might regret not doing so in later life when the past means a bit more to you.
    My wife’s grandfather also served in the Boer War and was a Regimental Sergeant Major in the First World War.
    She says he didn’t talk much about his war service.
    Again, she doesn’t know if he was at Spion Kop.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Have had the pleasure of standing on both the Holte End and the Spion Kop at Hillsborough when they were terraces.

With the roof over it, and the guys at the back banging on it - the biggest sounding board you'll ever hear - the terrace at Hillsborough was magnificent.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    All the stands are being renovated in some capacity so I dare say the BC will get a facelift and some TLC.

The club are doing things properly these days too so theres no way they'll leave it in it's current state while others done.

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure there's good things in store for the old girl.
    Apparently they are knocking down the boxes in BC lower and building more seating back there and having all the executive stuff in the new stand. Heavy emphasis on 'apparently' though, could just be gossip but would make sense if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Apparently they are knocking down the boxes in BC lower and building more seating back there and having all the executive stuff in the new stand. Heavy emphasis on 'apparently' though, could just be gossip but would make sense if possible.
    Interesting. It would make sense as I can't see the need for corporate boxes in the BC with what what will we will get in the new PT and also with what's available in the Trent End.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    But that would of course leave the current Brian Clough stand as the oldest, and as it will clock up 40-years in 2021, then that値l be the next one to be rebuilt?

Bear in mind, the BC stand is built on top of the old East Stand terracing, which itself is even older.
    I had some happy times in the East Stand as a boy and a teenager too.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

That would certainly present an interesting challenge Rzar.

Using that space to create another concourse with improved refreshment outlets and more comfort facilities however?

I suspect the BC will get a full rebuild in due course.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    Hillsborough had the largest covered Kop but the Kippax was the largest covered terrace (i think)..
    I can believe that as it run full length of the pitch.

220 seats on each full row on the BC Lower. How many rows could you stick in under the top tier where the boxes are? 5 maybe 10 at a squeeze? That'd be a couple of extra grands worth of seats. Guess it also depends where the walls supporting front of the upper tier are.

I'd expect it more likely that the boxes will get a makover. Should we make the promised land they'll all get snapped up, for a decent price too I expect.

account deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    The next question is:

How do we feel, that the Peter Taylor stand will be vastly superior to the Brian Clough stand?
    Rename the BC the "Clough & Taylor" stand and call the new stand "The Andy Reid Stand", that way it'll be finished in a couple of weeks

I also don't like the change they have made to the main entrance area of the new stand. Might be the OCD in me but all the small rectangles looks, well, messy. You want the white on the club name and badge to stand out as much as possible but it's diluted by a few random white rectangles in close proximity.

I'm sure it's not finalised, and I'm not even sure what I'd rather have instead. I just think as the centerpiece of the stand, it could look better.

Bah Humbug!