Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 2,476 to 2,499 of 2499

Thread: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

      
  1. #2476

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I will reiterate again, any Forest fan spending a pound in there from now on, on matchdays or any other day is a fucking clown.

    Bet they make a right wedge, see how they feel if that stops.

    #boycotttheboatclub get the cnut trending

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
    100% this. I'll be fucked if I go in there again. Liverpool man utd spurs ect get whole streets moved and our council are twatting about again.serves em right if we clear off


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2477
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,621

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakane View Post
    100% this. I'll be fucked if I go in there again. Liverpool man utd spurs ect get whole streets moved and our council are twatting about again.serves em right if we clear off
    It took LFC years to fully acquire all the land it wanted, and even then it involved gradually ghetto-ising the road in question to finally drive-out the remaining residents.

    Likewise, THFC resorted, allegedly of course, to questionable means in order to 'persuade' a particular occupant to vacate land it needed.

    The planning consent process has to be followed to the letter and to the defined timescale, and so RBC are doing that, frustrating though it is for the club, its fans and all of the parties involved in completing the project.

    Boycotting the Brittania Club, and reducing its income is another matter entirely, and one that I suggested as an option earlier in the thread.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 18-03-20 at 17:40.

  4. #2478
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    25,167

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Probably nothing to do with the boat club and more to do with both the ability to contract out the build and the risk of doing so given lots of companies are going to go under, as well as Marinaki's revenue streams from a shipping industry which aint shipping shit.

    Far easier just to delay it, and get some revenue in from ST renewals now that might not come in a month's time if folk have lost their job.

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  5. #2479
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,980

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    https://youtu.be/WRW-YtYPR-Y

    Ipswich fan Ranking best grounds in the championship. Very likeable bloke and goes to a hell of a lot of games as a neutral. Lot of good words from fans about the City Ground in the comments too.

    We're lucky to have such a special place to call home.


  6. #2480
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,505

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Four Four Two listing the best 50 football teams of all time. We are number (if I remember right) number 39 for the 1977-80 team.


  7. #2481

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Four Four Two listing the best 50 football teams of all time. We are number (if I remember right) number 39 for the 1977-80 team.
    The Bleacher Report has the 1977-78 team at #14 in their list of the top 50 teams in the world of all time - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-time#slide37


  8. #2482
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    86,114

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    The Bleacher Report has the 1977-78 team at #14 in their list of the top 50 teams in the world of all time - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-time#slide37
    They池e in some good company there!

    И believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism

    Joe Strummer

  9. #2483

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    A six months and counting period of time during which fans can't attend football matches in the UK, would have been the perfect time to knock the Main Stand down.

    Had that been possible, att least some the ticket revenue loss during CV19 would already have been planned for.

    What are the chances now of Forest wanting to knock down the Main Stand and reduce the capacity once fans are allowed back in and tickets can be sold again?


  10. #2484
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    25,167

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    I thought we'd decided to hold off the rebuild whilst we reassessed our financial clout in the era of Rona?


  11. #2485
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    9,287

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    A six months and counting period of time during which fans can't attend football matches in the UK, would have been the perfect time to knock the Main Stand down.

    Had that been possible, att least some the ticket revenue loss during CV19 would already have been planned for.

    What are the chances now of Forest wanting to knock down the Main Stand and reduce the capacity once fans are allowed back in and tickets can be sold again?
    This is exactly what Fulham have done. They knocked a stand down and started building a new one once the season was suspended.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  12. #2486
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,621

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Has the planning-permission application process been completed, and subsequently granted, by Rushcliffe BC?

    I was under the impression that the unusually high number of local appeals (mainly from rowing club members) to be considered, and then the Covid-19 crisis was forcing an unforeseen delay, which is why the board decided to delay the demolition for another season.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 16-06-20 at 12:26.

  13. #2487
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,745

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Has the planning-permission application process been completed, and subsequently granted, by Rushcliffe BC?

    I was under the impression that the unusually high number of local appeals (mainly from rowing club members) to be considered, and then the Covid-19 crisis was forcing an unforeseen delay, which is way the board decided to delay the demolition for another season.
    That was my understanding


  14. #2488
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    18,243

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Cant see it happening.


  15. #2489
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,621

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Why not Ray? The owner and chairman both say the ambition hasn't changed.


  16. #2490
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    28,125

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Why not Ray? The owner and chairman both say the ambition hasn't changed.
    There’s been a lot of false dawns over the last twenty years at Forest, it gets to the point you think I’ll believe it when I see it.


  17. #2491
    bad guy
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    2,519

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    There痴 been a lot of false dawns over the last twenty years at Forest, it gets to the point you think I値l believe it when I see it.
    I felt like this about the new stand before Covid-19 came along


  18. #2492
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    18,243

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Why not Ray? The owner and chairman both say the ambition hasn't changed.
    Just a feeling Oats, football finance is about to go through major changes I think, it's been a very fortunate industry for a few very lucky wealthy folks, but I feel the game's going to get its cumuppence for allowing it.

    Investment will be put on hold in many minds and organisations. What there is left will be quaffed by the gorging agents and players, they wont let clubs make it better for the supporters if they aren't getting what they want, there'll be a revolt, they still hold all the cards.


  19. #2493
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,621

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Just a feeling Oats, football finance is about to go through major changes I think, it's been a very fortunate industry for a few very lucky wealthy folks, but I feel the game's going to get its cumuppence for allowing it.

    Investment will be put on hold in many minds and organisations. What there is left will be quaffed by the gorging agents and players, they wont let clubs make it better for the supporters if they aren't getting what they want, there'll be a revolt, they still hold all the cards.
    You make a fair point Ray. In response, I have faith in the current ownership. I'd also argue that the financial changes you rightly refer to will primarily impact on future recruitment costs across football, in the form transfer fees, player wages and agent payments. Forest need to significantly upgrade the Main Stand in order to increase both attendance and commercial revenue, the latter being an area that it is pitifully falling behind in at an ever-increasing rate.

    Furthermore, as it's no longer fit for purpose, I'm not sure how much longer the current structure will meet H & S guidelines for a major sporting arena, let alone the requirements of a progressive club that seeks to reach and, more importantly, retain PL status.


  20. #2494

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Has the planning-permission application process been completed, and subsequently granted, by Rushcliffe BC?

    I was under the impression that the unusually high number of local appeals (mainly from rowing club members) to be considered, and then the Covid-19 crisis was forcing an unforeseen delay, which is why the board decided to delay the demolition for another season.
    No it hasn't. But it's sod's law the pandemic happened with plans at that stage.

    It was close to being the right time to get that done, and offset the loss of revenue of one by combining the two. But instead it probably means that we won't see a new Main Stand, and that shiny new scaffolding, for years.


  21. #2495
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    18,243

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    You make a fair point Ray. In response, I have faith in the current ownership. I'd also argue that the financial changes you rightly refer to will primarily impact on future recruitment costs across football, in the form transfer fees, player wages and agent payments. Forest need to significantly upgrade the Main Stand in order to increase both attendance and commercial revenue, the latter being an area that it is pitifully falling behind in at an ever-increasing rate.

    Furthermore, as it's no longer fit for purpose, I'm not sure how much longer the current structure will meet H & S guidelines for a major sporting arena, let alone the requirements of a progressive club that seeks to reach and, more importantly, retain PL status.
    It'll be patched up and maybe a bit of new fascia to squeeze through the namby pamby H&S stuff imo Oats. Minimum expense on any improvements for the supporters, keep paying the P&A's hundreds of thousands a week instead.

    Me n yow not see any glossy new stand me owd duk, we'll be dust.


  22. #2496
    bad guy
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Clapham (via Radcliffe)
    Posts
    2,519

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Yeah I really doubt this will happen now


  23. #2497
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Little Italy, Nottingham.
    Posts
    11,621

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    It'll be patched up and maybe a bit of new fascia to squeeze through the namby pamby H&S stuff imo Oats. Minimum expense on any improvements for the supporters, keep paying the P&A's hundreds of thousands a week instead.

    Me n yow not see any glossy new stand me owd duk, we'll be dust.
    If you're proved to be correct Ray, Forest will not only have no hope of progressing, but will more than likely regress, which is why I don't share your pessimism.

    Simply patching it up won't have any impact on the dire need to radically increase commercial revenue, whilst its capacity is more likely to be reduced than increased in an effort to improve facilities to even a basically-acceptable level for a modern-day stadium. That's why it will be flattened next May/June, depending on when the 2020-21 season concludes.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 16-06-20 at 19:23.

  24. #2498
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    28,125

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post

    Me n yow not see any glossy new stand me owd duk, we'll be dust.
    Very eloquently put Ray


  25. #2499

    Default Re: The World Famous City Ground - Home of the WORLD全 OLDEST LEAGUE CLUB

    Sure there's increasing financial pressure regards FFP and reward money in general, but the plan to build the stand and upgrade is a long term business plan to generate reveue outside of pitch, the biz plan stacks up. Not to go ahead will have disasterous concequences for the club.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •