Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1932

Default Re: July 2019 Summer Transfer Window - Plans, Rumours and Speculation

The signings I want

Zeffine free
    Colback low fee
    Lowe fee
    Brewster loan
    Marquis fee
    Mason Mount loan

That would do us then we should sell

Murphy
    Bridcutt
    Hefele
    Watson
    Aryibi
    Cummings
    Clough
    Walker
    Steele
    Worrall - if it's over 5 mill
    Osborn - last year of his contract

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Hogan has been awful for about 3 years, I was reading Villa fans comments about him on a thread on their forum about a month ago (I was curious about some of their bomb squad players when rumours about Lolley were doing the rounds) and they were absolutely scathing.

A few choice comments about Hogan from that thread:

Heís our 5th choice striker behind Abraham, Kodjia, Davis, El Mohamady and some lad in the u16ís.

Iím surprised heís made the bench as much as he had.

A complete waste of space.

Given that Dean Smith was his manager at brentford for the 15 minutes he was actually playing well and he still can't get a look in tells you everything you need to know. We'll be lucky to get £1m back for him.

It's a toss up between Hogan and McCormack for worst signing this club has made in it's entire history. Hogan probably shaves it as far as I'm aware his fee was a bit higher than McCormack's and he's certainly on more money.

But Hogan is terrible. Things he can do: make runs. Things he can't do: control the ball, beat a defender, win a header, outpace someone, complete a pass, score goals, make assists, basically anything football related that isn't "making runs" he is completely incapable of doing. Even if some of his runs were picked out what's the point? He'd just miscontrol the ball out of play, or misplace a pass immediately, or shoot off target. He's just been awful for us

An utter disaster of a signing.

A complete panic buy of a player who had a purple patch. We were well and truly done.

We're stuck with this clown.
    Nobody in their right mind is going to touch him.

You can bang on about playing him in the right system etc. but it's all a load of nonsense. All I see is a player who can't pass, shoot, dribble, doesnt show for the ball, cant head and cant tackle.

My 9 year old chiahuaha has a lot of energy. She runs around in the park with no sense of direction or any kind of plan. I should rename her Hogan

Regardless of his current form, it is surely absolutely damning that the one manager to get a tune out of Hogan in the past (Smith) has decided to loan him out rather than keep him in the squad. Just goes to show you, even with his good form at Brentford under his belt, Dean Smith recognises Hogan for what he is: a limited player suitable for a mid-championship team, not one with promotion hopes.

He's going slip down the leagues, I can imagine he'll be in league 2 before long. He's very fortunate that were able to make him a millionaire, absolutely shocking player.

Scott Hogan is rubbish. He scored a few goals in a team built around him, but having a lower league player standing in the area waiting for chances on a plate isn't the sort of player I want to see at Villa. He has no real pace, can't hold the ball up, can't beat a man, can't run with the ball, doesn't bring other players in, etc etc. We get so much more from both Abraham and Kodjia. I'd much rather see Davis given a chance to be honest.

I couldn't believe how poor he was the first time I seen him - I put it down to early nerves. But as time went on I just noticed how poor he was - he couldn't bring the ball under control when he received it, he couldn't beat a full back, he so easily had the ball taken from him - without an improvement in these basics I couldn't possibly see how he was going to put the ball in the net on a regular basis.

Is there talent there?

Last time I checked, he couldnít pass, shoot, dribble, head or run fast.

His comments about him being a 25+ goal striker are utterly bizarre.

He needs to practice how to do that fancy thing modern footballers do when a ball is passed to them, I think it's called "control" it or "trap it" in some quarters.

We'd do well to get rid of him on a free, we really would.

Watched his performance last night and thought he would get a few goals after all it was Gibraltar but yet another poor performance.Like many I thought Dean would have got him back scoring goals something he had been very good at Oldham and Brentford.Looks to have put on a bit of weight, can see him being loaned out in the Championship or even a top Div 1 club.

A few choice comments about Hogan from that thread:

He’s our 5th choice striker behind Abraham, Kodjia, Davis, El Mohamady and some lad in the u16’s.

I’m surprised he’s made the bench as much as he had.

A complete waste of space.

Given that Dean Smith was his manager at brentford for the 15 minutes he was actually playing well and he still can't get a look in tells you everything you need to know. We'll be lucky to get £1m back for him.

It's a toss up between Hogan and McCormack for worst signing this club has made in it's entire history. Hogan probably shaves it as far as I'm aware his fee was a bit higher than McCormack's and he's certainly on more money.

But Hogan is terrible. Things he can do: make runs. Things he can't do: control the ball, beat a defender, win a header, outpace someone, complete a pass, score goals, make assists, basically anything football related that isn't "making runs" he is completely incapable of doing. Even if some of his runs were picked out what's the point? He'd just miscontrol the ball out of play, or misplace a pass immediately, or shoot off target. He's just been awful for us

An utter disaster of a signing.

A complete panic buy of a player who had a purple patch. We were well and truly done.

We're stuck with this clown.
    Nobody in their right mind is going to touch him.

You can bang on about playing him in the right system etc. but it's all a load of nonsense. All I see is a player who can't pass, shoot, dribble, doesnt show for the ball, cant head and cant tackle.

My 9 year old chiahuaha has a lot of energy. She runs around in the park with no sense of direction or any kind of plan. I should rename her Hogan

Regardless of his current form, it is surely absolutely damning that the one manager to get a tune out of Hogan in the past (Smith) has decided to loan him out rather than keep him in the squad. Just goes to show you, even with his good form at Brentford under his belt, Dean Smith recognises Hogan for what he is: a limited player suitable for a mid-championship team, not one with promotion hopes.

He's going slip down the leagues, I can imagine he'll be in league 2 before long. He's very fortunate that were able to make him a millionaire, absolutely shocking player.

Scott Hogan is rubbish. He scored a few goals in a team built around him, but having a lower league player standing in the area waiting for chances on a plate isn't the sort of player I want to see at Villa. He has no real pace, can't hold the ball up, can't beat a man, can't run with the ball, doesn't bring other players in, etc etc. We get so much more from both Abraham and Kodjia. I'd much rather see Davis given a chance to be honest.

I couldn't believe how poor he was the first time I seen him - I put it down to early nerves. But as time went on I just noticed how poor he was - he couldn't bring the ball under control when he received it, he couldn't beat a full back, he so easily had the ball taken from him - without an improvement in these basics I couldn't possibly see how he was going to put the ball in the net on a regular basis.

Is there talent there?

Last time I checked, he couldn’t pass, shoot, dribble, head or run fast.

His comments about him being a 25+ goal striker are utterly bizarre.

He needs to practice how to do that fancy thing modern footballers do when a ball is passed to them, I think it's called "control" it or "trap it" in some quarters.

We'd do well to get rid of him on a free, we really would.

Watched his performance last night and thought he would get a few goals after all it was Gibraltar but yet another poor performance.Like many I thought Dean would have got him back scoring goals something he had been very good at Oldham and Brentford.Looks to have put on a bit of weight, can see him being loaned out in the Championship or even a top Div 1 club.
    Good work safe to say I don't rate him either, all effort and little quality.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Good work safe to say I don't rate him either, all effort and little quality.
    Yes, as far as potential signings from the Premier League are concerned Hogan is definitely on my 'avoid at all costs' list. You'll struggle to find a good word about him on that thread (which is 200+ pages so I am sure I could probably find plenty more negative comments if I wanted).

Yes, as far as potential signings from the Premier League are concerned Hogan is definitely on my 'avoid at all costs' list. You'll struggle to find a good word about him on that thread (which is 200+ pages so I am sure I could probably find plenty more negative comments if I wanted).
    The problem is everyone loves honest pros even if the are shite. Look at Tudgay his record and quality was poor but he had his admirers. Run around like a headless chicken and people like you.

Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 12-07-19 at 00:36.

The problem is everyone loves honest pros even if the are shite. Looked at Tudgay his record and quality was poor but he had his admirers. Run around like a headless chicken and people like you.
    True to an extent, I'd like to think most of our fans now recognise that quality is more important after years of being crap with 'honest pros' with little ability having us in lower midtable year after year, perhaps I am being too optimistic though.

To be fair, I think most of the people advocating us signing Hogan are simply basing it on his Brentford form from about 3 years ago and haven't been keeping tabs on how poor he has been at Villa.

True to an extent, I'd like to think most of our fans now recognise that quality is more important after years of being crap with 'honest pros' with little ability having us in lower midtable year after year, perhaps I am being too optimistic though.

To be fair, I think most of the people advocating us signing Hogan are simply basing it on his Brentford form from about 3 years ago and haven't been keeping tabs on how poor he has been at Villa.
    Reading a Villa news outlet they hope we buy him permanently instead of a loan

Or some of us rate him and some don't, it's a game of opinions. I've seen him for Villa and saw him at Sheff Utd and think he offers something we don't currently have, not because he runs around a lot or because I watched him play for Brentford three seasons ago.

I would assume if you asked Newcastle fans for their comments on Colback you'd get similar to what the Villa fans said about Hogan, but somehow I suspect neither of you would take those comments with anything other than a scoff.

Colback has barely played for Newcastle over the last few years to be fair, and they have played at a higher level for most of that time so their idea of a bad player isn't really all that relevant to us in the Championship.

Hogan has been at Villa for a while now, they have seen plenty more of him than we have and there is no managerial fallout (like with Benitez and Colback) or sour grapes due to being linked to another club so I am inclined to believe them. The thread also mentions some poor performances that their fans watched on TV for Sheffield United and Republic of Ireland as well so it's not like it is even just his performances for Villa either.

Reading through that thread, I did get a lot of Zach Clough vibes (i.e. not just a player out of form or lacking confidence but a player who has seemingly lost his way completely).

IMO there are better, cheaper and far less riskier signings we could make than hoping we can revive Hogan's career. Even if it is only on loan, its not really the sort of gamble the club needs to take.

Impressive member

I don't know a great deal about Hogan but I suspect Villa will want a decent fee so I'd reckon it'd be a gamble bringing him here.
    Vydra I quite like. Other than that I feel slightly nervous at letting Karim go because I feel unless we replace with a decent quality we could be leaving ourselves short, moreso if Grabban picks up a knock.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Colback low fee
    Lowe fee

Hogan is a definate no from me. He's been shite for 3 years in the same division as us and even the manager who had him playing well at Brentford was leaving him out at Villa.

I don't understand how people can write a player like Adomah off who had one statistically weaker season but played regularly and had been great for years before, but then advocate signing Hogan.

There are far better consistently proven strikers out there for the money.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Last edited by Notcher; 12-07-19 at 09:34.

Well I like him and now I also hope we sign him to boil your lots piss

In all seriousness I'd forget Gayle, we aren't gonna pay what it'll take to get him here, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him stay at Newcastle if Bruce ends up there.

I would take Vydra but can he play a lone number 9 role? Historically he's always played his best off a big man, Deeney at Watford being the premier example. Think I seem to also remember Derby fans moaning that he couldn't play up front by himself, needed Martin/ Nugent/ Jerome with him.

Arse... Cavaleiro to Fulham according to Percy, better than him going to Derby though.

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/...467820544?s=19

Last edited by Heffing Psycho!; 12-07-19 at 09:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Arse... Cavaleiro to Fulham according to Percy, better than him going to Derby though.

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/...467820544?s=19
    That's a shame, would have been a great signing. But yes, relieved he's not going to Derby at least.

Scott Hogan is a no from me personally.

Wolves did amazing to get through the whole of last season with just Neves, Moutinho, Gibbs-White , Cavaleiro, Costa, Traore, Jimenez, Jota for the 5 options outside 3 CBs & 2WBs and now they have ditched 2 (Cavaleiro/Costa) - I wonder what Jorge has planned.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Wolves did amazing to get through the whole of last season with just Neves, Moutinho, Gibbs-White , Cavaleiro, Costa, Traore, Jimenez, Jota for the 5 options outside 3 CBs & 2WBs and now they have ditched 2 (Cavaleiro/Costa) - I wonder what Jorge has planned.
    I really don't think you need more than that to be honest.

I think we've been conditioned to think we do because we've carried a massive squad for so long.

We've now got 4 wide players, who I think can all play left or right. A couple could play through the middle too if required. Carvalho, Silva and Johnson who can play 10, and Grabban who can play 9. I think we need 1 good striker, and then maybe find a young lad we want to invest some time in, as striker is something we don't really have at the club at the minute promise wise, outside of Will Swan.

I think they've gotten rid of them two because Nuno ditched the wingers second half of the season didn't he, moved to a 3-5-2 and got more joy with Jota off Jiminez. There are rumours about Diego Costa going there which would be brilliant, he's a shithouse but I like watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I really don't think you need more than that to be honest.

I think we've been conditioned to think we do because we've carried a massive squad for so long.

We've now got 4 wide players, who I think can all play left or right. A couple could play through the middle too if required. Carvalho, Silva and Johnson who can play 10, and Grabban who can play 9. I think we need 1 good striker, and then maybe find a young lad we want to invest some time in, as striker is something we don't really have at the club at the minute promise wise, outside of Will Swan.
    Agree mate. This whole piecing the jigsaw and this ONE more player will be key. A lot of the time these guys will be on the bench. Modern players are adaptable too and should be.

With Ansarifard leaving now though, we need another forward. Hopefully we continue to think outside the box. I liked Karim but still had a doubt in the back of my mind - with him going I am more convinced we can get someone with serious potential to push Grabban and go past him maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    I think they've gotten rid of them two because Nuno ditched the wingers second half of the season didn't he, moved to a 3-5-2 and got more joy with Jota off Jiminez. There are rumours about Diego Costa going there which would be brilliant, he's a shithouse but I like watching him.
    Indeed. If he doesn't see that move beneath him that would be a quality addition.

Atletico Madrid really making wholesale changes. I see random-Jorge-effect happened again. Benfica signed a young Serbian striker who won the youth world cup but hasn't progressed passed Banfica B but A.Madrid have signed him for 1m and he will be there 3rd choice CF.

Which clubs is Jorge "controlling" ?
    Benfica
    Monaco
    Atletico Madrid
    Wolves
    Forest
    Braga
    Rio Ave
    Familicao

PS That new club in Portugal where Diogo Goncalves has gone. Familicao.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 12-07-19 at 09:58.

Indeed. If he doesn't see that move beneath him that would be a quality addition.

Atletico Madrid really making wholesale changes. I see random-Jorge-effect happened again. Benfica signed a young Serbian striker who won the youth world cup but hasn't progressed passed Banfica B but A.Madrid have signed him for 1m and he will be there 3rd choice CF.

Which clubs is Jorge "controlling" ?
    Benfica
    Monaco
    Wolves
    Forest
    Braga
    Rio Ave
    Not bad company to be in if Mendes does really have a strong influence.

Monaco are still trying to make it work, but they've got a lot of talent there.

The others are all having success relative to their clubs.

Agree mate. This whole piecing the jigsaw and this ONE more player will be key. A lot of the time these guys will be on the bench. Modern players are adaptable too and should be.

With Ansarifard leaving now though, we need another forward. Hopefully we continue to think outside the box. I liked Karim but still had a doubt in the back of my mind - with him going I am more convinced we can get someone with serious potential to push Grabban and go past him maybe.
    I think a lot depends on how Walker plays in Greece now, I reckon it's pretty much do or die out there for him, he'll never have a better chance to stake a claim to be playing for Forest going out there as only one of two recognised proper strikers.

We definitely need one now but if Walker flops we probably need another forward who can play wide and through the middle.

Forward/ wing options at the moment are:

Grabban, Walker, Lolley, Adomah, Ameobi, Appiah. You've got to be targeting an absolute bare minimum of 40-45 goals between that lot before another 10+ goal striker comes in. Think you have to aim for 50-65 goals from the 7 attackers and the rest coming from midfield and set pieces.

They're capable; Grabban can get 20 if he keeps the injury away, new striker 10+, Lolley hit double figures last season has to aim for at least 10 again, Walker (if he makes the cut) has to aim for 7-10, Adomah 3-5, Ameobi 3-5 and Appiah 3-5, they're the targets I'd be setting them.

I'm sure he's just there to encourage him to sign a new deal.

But stranger things have happened than 17yr old Mighten earning some big reps too. He plays a very mature game for his age and is also a strong lad with good speed and ability to beat a man.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

My take is that there's no way the sale of Ansarifard would've been sanctioned (presumably for a decent fee) without there being a few irons-in-the-fire in terms of a potential replacement(s).

The one thing we've learned, particularly this season, is that those in charge of recruitment have gone about their business quietly and efficiently.