Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130
Results 3,226 to 3,236 of 3236

Default Re: July 2019 Summer Transfer Window - Plans, Rumours and Speculation

We need some blace

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nottingham's dirty secret

Personally think we just need a striker and winger.

Bostock looks like he can play a killer offensive pass and we've got Silva and Carvalho as well.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    Personally think we just need a striker and winger.

Bostock looks like he can play a killer offensive pass and we've got Silva and Carvalho as well.
    Yep. Stay in the top six so we can attract some serious quality in January with the savings.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

If Muric and Ameobi were brought in by the previous manager, as I read here somewhere, then it seems that the 10 signings brought in by Lamouchi and Modesto (Samba, Sow, Chema, Ribeiro, Adomah, Silva, Bostock, Semedo, Mir, Jenkinson) represent a very decent window with relatively very little money spent.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    If Muric and Ameobi were brought in by the previous manager, as I read here somewhere, then it seems that the 10 signings brought in by Lamouchi and Modesto (Samba, Sow, Chema, Ribeiro, Adomah, Silva, Bostock, Semedo, Mir, Jenkinson) represent a very decent window with relatively very little money spent.
    I’m still waiting for some commentator to refer to us as “low spending Nottingham Forest”.
    O

It's all about mid-table...

Wiv spent nowt! We're bucking the trend that you have to spend big to be up there.

Can it continue? Come ONNNNNNNN...

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Wiv spent nowt! We're bucking the trend that you have to spend big to be up there.

Can it continue? Come ONNNNNNNN...
    Tbf we've spent about 10m this season and 25 last season, we aren't really bucking any trends.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ameobi joined when MON was still manager, albeit he was sacked four days later, and completely fits the bill of a MON signing.

Muric was apparently scouted by MON's team, but joined two weeks after MON sacked. Less convinced this was a MON signing, given he's a bit maverick with the passing out from the back thing whereas MON wasn't one for defensive risk taking.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Tbf we've spent about 10m this season and 25 last season, we aren't really bucking any trends.

Brentford spent £20m this year...

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post

Our net spend last year was about £15m (we sold about £10m worth of players), this summer we spent about £6m and sold over £10m worth of players again. So our combined net spend over the last 2 years is about £11m, which is fairly modest by today's standards.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Assuming that's the case, I think MON deserves credit for bringing in a type of player in Ameobi who really adds something different to the side.

As for the rest........

Samba - Great signing
    Sow - Great signing
    Chema - Looks to be good, early days
    Ribeiro - Good signing
    Ameobi - Good "bonus" signing. OK mainstay signing.
    Adomah - OK signing
    Silva - OK signing. Has ability, needs developing. Expect him to have a good 2nd half to the season.
    Bostock - OK signing. Good player, but miles of the pace on arrival.
    Semedo - OK signing. Has different attributes to others, but his weaknesses do hurt the team, and he's ony really suitable for certain circumstances. Plus a loan, so any time invested in him we don't benefit from.
    Mir - Decent signing. Again, nice alternate attributes, just needs to contribute more when he gets the chance.
    Jenkinson - Meh signing. I actually think he'll be a good aquisition in terms of ability, but so far he has looked sluggish & his injuries are of a concern. I would much sooner we'd have kept Richardson and put 2m towards an attacking option like Grosicki.
    Muric - Fucking awful signing.

6/10.

Would get a 7 if we'd essentially not traded Osborn for Jenks (I know we paid 1m less for Jenks, but his wages will be way more than Bennys). Would have loved to have seen Benny under Mouch. Richardson too.

Editted: Missed Muric & Ameobi off the list.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 07-12-19 at 10:16.