Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 31: Brentford Fan Comments

Default Re: Matchday 31: Brentford Fan Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    We’re 9th which isn’t lower mid table, Brentford are lower mid table though even though they think they’re Holland 74 total football but in reality they’re a bag of shit

Calculate our average league position over the last 20 years, over the last 10, the last 5...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    Calculate our average league position over the last 20 years, over the last 10, the last 5...
    oh, when you said “we’re a lower mid table side” I thought you meant at this moment in time, I didn’t realise there was an irrelevant timescale on it

The Foam Hand

I don't get what all the gushing about Brentford is about.

They're going nowhere this season, in fact I'd love to see them go down.

Years ago people used to talk about Crewe, great academy, great footballing philosophy, an identity... look at them now.
    Same with Swansea. Another club below us that supposed be amazing.

Bout time Forest stopped ruining weekends. - Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Ridiculous comment

Half the reason why this and other forums/forest fans have complete and utter meltdowns every other week
    Nah, they're a completely irrelevant little club.
    Never won anything, never will.
    If my view on irrelevant little clubs causes forum/fan meltdowns then I suggest that the meltees reassess their lives and their influencers.

Not that type of player

Our average league position is about 16th in division two over the past twenty years. So yeah, quite a few pot-kettle comments on here. The arrogant fans of an irrelevant second division club getting annoyed at the arrogant fans of an irrelevant second division club.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I don't get what all the gushing about Brentford is about.

They're going nowhere this season, in fact I'd love to see them go down.

Years ago people used to talk about Crewe, great academy, great footballing philosophy, an identity... look at them now.
    Same with Swansea. Another club below us that supposed be amazing.
    I’d sum it up as a good away trip with terracing (soon won’t be the case). They have the pubs set up brilliantly and give them their dues. Some good interactions with their fans and they do lack the thug element. Do get up their own arses a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Our average league position is about 16th in division two over the past twenty years. So yeah, quite a few pot-kettle comments on here. The arrogant fans of an irrelevant second division club getting annoyed at the arrogant fans of an irrelevant second division club.
    One of the irrelevant clubs gets a reaction all over the world amongst football fans the other is Brentford.
    They just aren't really relevant to anyone for anything, do they even have a proper rival?
    I'm not being arsey, I just fail to see any relevance to them.

Irrelevant.

Seem to remember it was the Brentford fan comments that caused the most introspection in the first half of the season. Then it was 'Forest are the dirtiest team I've ever seen. We were bottom of the FFP League (maybe still are for all I know, and care). And a whole bunch of Forest fans said it was sad to read those comments about our club.

Maybe Brentford just have the whiniest fans in the division? For all their awesomeness, they currently sit in eighteenth place. And a blatant dive saved them from defeat against non league Barnet two weeks ago.

They've also beaten us four times out if four at the CG since being promoted to the second tier. They lost on Saturday, and had we made the most of chances they'd have conceded five. This was the best result we've had at home against them for over a decade. They didn't enjoy it? Good. Seeya Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Seem to remember it was the Brentford fan comments that caused the most introspection in the first half of the season. Then it was 'Forest are the dirtiest team I've ever seen. We were bottom of the FFP League (maybe still are for all I know, and care). And a whole bunch of Forest fans said it was sad to read those comments about our club.

Maybe Brentford just have the whiniest fans in the division? For all their awesomeness, they currently sit in eighteenth place. And a blatant dive saved them from defeat against non league Barnet two weeks ago.

They've also beaten us four times out if four at the CG since being promoted to the second tier. They lost on Saturday, and had we made the most of chances they'd have conceded five. This was the best result we've had at home against them for over a decade. They didn't enjoy it? Good. Seeya Brentford.
    I agree 100% Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post

They certainly like a tumble and at their place this season we saw a total comedy dive to try and gain a penalty right in front of our noses. Oddly we picked up a booking for that.

The Foam Hand

No wonder they get bullied by QPR fans, whiney little Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    16th is pretty shit & Brentford are lower than that in 18th, I don’t think I’ll be blowing smoke up their arse

Brentford are QPRs bitch

Brentford are QPRs bitch
    Like County are to us?

It's always the same, though.

That's why I find Calvin's threads such fun, because the opposition fans always think we're rubbish and not worth the win or, if we lose, sharing the same pitch as them.

We're all tribal. But there is a way of insulting/belittling the opposition without being petty or one-eyed. And some fans just don't seem able to give credit when it's due and the Brentford fans clearly fit that bill.

The Foam Hand

Brentford are QPRs bitch
    You aren't far wrong.

A few years ago I was talking to a Brentford 'lad' and said they were fed up of getting beat up by QPR fans. I told him he may as well hang his CP Company coat up and retire if they can't defend themselves against QPR

You aren't far wrong.

A few years ago I was talking to a Brentford 'lad' and said they were fed up of getting beat up by QPR fans. I told him he may as well hang his CP Company coat up and retire if they can't defend themselves against QPR

oh, when you said “we’re a lower mid table side” I thought you meant at this moment in time, I didn’t realise there was an irrelevant timescale on it
    The time period was decided by those talking about Brentford's 'purple patch'...and the near past is relevant for dozens of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Irrelevant.

Lol ok. We do live to live in the past, specifically one incredibly short golden period, otherwise we've been largely irrelevant for 150 years.

You aren't far wrong.

Apart from several of their posters did but our myopic fans have been unable to read them.

An odd thread, with our ‘true’ fans taking an opportunity to vent their spleens. However, unless I’ve got it hopelessly wrong.....
    Since the Ipswich game, Karanka seemed to have lost interest.
    We have had even more horrendous injury problems.
    We have yet another manager for the players to get used to.
    Our manager, quite understandably, is having to match players to a style of football. Or vice verse.
    We could have scored 5 yesterday.
    We put out a couple of players who have barely played and used three subs in the same situation.
    When Brentford fans glanced at our BC stand, they saw as many spectators as their whole poxy ground holds.
    We can’t help the horrific mis-management we have suffered over the years nor our temporary injury probs.
    We played yesterday without Colback, Yacob, Guedioura, Carvalho, Darikwa, Benalouane, all of whom would have added strength to either the team or the squad.

And yet we still turn up. Spend your energy getting behind the team some of you. We’re going in the right direction.

Just saying from an irrelevant supporter.

Lol ok. We do live to live in the past, specifically one incredibly short golden period, otherwise we've been largely irrelevant for 150 years.
    So on the whole relevant then?

But for those of us who saw them, there is hardly a club even today who has had a better or longer golden period. I’ll help you out....
    Spurs? Everton? Villa? Derby? Leicester? Newcastle?

Brentford?

I think you could count them on one hand.

The fact that opposition fans sing “you’re not famous any more” shows that, in their eyes, actually we are famous. Otherwise they wouldn’t sing it would they?

Just saying.

The time period was decided by those talking about Brentford's 'purple patch'...and the near past is relevant for dozens of reasons.
    So what you meant was that we were a lower mid table side for a period of time coinciding with Brentford’s best years but now we’re not because we’re 9th