Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 31: Brentford Fan Comments

The Foam Hand

Default Re: Matchday 31: Brentford Fan Comments

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    It really is hilarious. Since Calv has started these, the Brentford fans have got to be up there with the worst ?

They've beaten us on our last 4 visits to CG and we have one win in like 10 games v them and in that win our 3/4 goals were supposedly all lucky speculative efforts if I remember correctly and it was all about how hard done by they are all the time

We tackled yesterday with verve and menace and they couldn't handle it.
    You're right Bryan, they've been the most bitter, arrogant bunch of fans since these comments threads started.
    I think Newcastle came close after Lansbury 'cheated them' but you can half understand them thinking they are the dogs bollocks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not that type of player

Forest fans used to be similarly holier than though a few years ago i.e. precious that we played a certain way, ball on the grass and neat passing. We had phases under Cloughie and Hart where we’d pass the ball to death without end product. That’s what happens sometimes when you play that way.

I suspect the fact that many fans don’t care much anymore about the club having a clear identity like Brentford is at least partly to do with the constant chopping and changing of footballing styles from manager to manager. I guess these days we are annually reinventing ourselves year after year like Madonna.

“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and make sure you are.”

First match i’d managed to attend under MoN. It was direct at times but when team are playing 3 at back the space is down flanks as u want to stretch the 3 centre backs out wide into positions they don’t want to be in. Grabbon movement and balls down channels meant it was grabbon could isolate a defender creating 1-1. Interesting to see if that was deliberate tactic designed for Brentford and we can adapt style to combat other teams or if that’s our identity now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    You're right Bryan, they've been the most bitter, arrogant bunch of fans since these comments threads started.
    I think Newcastle came close after Lansbury 'cheated them' but you can half understand them thinking they are the dogs bollocks.
    spot on Bryn.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Forest fans used to be similarly holier than though a few years ago i.e. precious that we played a certain way, ball on the grass and neat passing. We had phases under Cloughie and Hart where we’d pass the ball to death without end product. That’s what happens sometimes when you play that way.

I suspect the fact that many fans don’t care much anymore about the club having a clear identity like Brentford is at least partly to do with the constant chopping and changing of footballing styles from manager to manager. I guess these days we are annually reinventing ourselves year after year like Madonna.
    Aye, and every year we're crap.

Do Brentford have a clear identity? Yes, they're better than us club wise but they're hardly a role model?

Even the official Brentford twitter account editor is an arrogant twat

https://twitter.com/brentfordfc/stat...489805313?s=21

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post

So we had no corners? We scored from one

Yes and the penalty plus rebound were on target which has also been pointed out to them. Talk about poor losers.

Just seen that it was tweeted at half time. Still poor losers though.

Just seen that it was tweeted at half time. Still poor losers though.
    Aye... as i mentioned earlier on this thread, I do think they're the biggest whinge pots of all on Calvin's threads.

Last edited by rockabilly; 10-02-19 at 20:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Redreason View Post
    Alas. This is correct in my opinion.

Certainly football wise which I guess is the only important thing. As far as national media goes Brentford never have been or will be as interesting/relevant (whatever) than Nottingham Forest.

Thanks for posting this, as ever, these comments are the most depressing I've read. We can cling on to victory all we want but on another day we would have lost to Brentford and the same applies to the Wigan game.

Must do better.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
    On another day we would have dicked them 6-1. Did you not see the sitters we missed? We also missed a pen.

We won this game. The scoreline flattered them.

They are down the bottom half for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

100% this. They've got a very overblown sense of their own importance and the typical small club syndrome where they always feel hard done by. Guess what Brentford? You played...you lost.

Our two off targets were Bonatini and Lolley and both should have gone in.

Quality > quantity. I've long been a critic of persistent long range shooting.

Also worth noting the only bad tackle all game was the one on Yates, under the ref's nose, who was ball watching and didn't even give a free kick.

They’re a good side to watch and they’re a good away day.

That’s about as far as it goes...

Having been in the Brentford home end on many occasions, they are without doubt the worst bunch I’ve had to sit through a game with.

Almost every time was torture, apart from a time when I was sat around a few drunk day trippers who spent the whole game saying the funniest stuff about players on both teams.

A lot of their fans don’t even watch the action, and when they do look up they expect it to be a Brentford goal. Then talk about holidays, gardening, who they’re meeting for brunch. All this type of shite. It’s more like they turn up to pass the time and are actually cricket fans inside.

It’s that London mate. They’re all like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    It’s that London mate. They’re all like that...
    Nah. QPR isn’t too far away and they’re nothing like Brentford fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Having been in the Brentford home end on many occasions, they are without doubt the worst bunch I’ve had to sit through a game with.

Almost every time was torture, apart from a time when I was sat around a few drunk day trippers who spent the whole game saying the funniest stuff about players on both teams.

A lot of their fans don’t even watch the action, and when they do look up they expect it to be a Brentford goal. Then talk about holidays, gardening, who they’re meeting for brunch. All this type of shite. It’s more like they turn up to pass the time and are actually cricket fans inside.

And look at how our fans behaved there and at other grounds this season...

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    I’m not clinging on to anything. I just think it has to be put into perspective. Brentford are currently enjoying some of the very best years of their entire club history while we are muddling our way through a pretty extended era of (at best) mediocrity, and yet there’s not much between the pair of us in terms of actually achieving anything on the pitch.

They’re a little club punching above their weight by using a novel transfer strategy. Well done them. But eventually people get wise, clubs charge them more and more for their prospects (they are already having to pay larger fees), a couple of duds and a bad season and they are right back in the divisions where they’ve spent well over 80% of their club history.

I’m not bitter. I wish we had a coherent off-field strategy because with our budget we would be challenging at this level every year.

But this “Brentford are like Barcelona” bollocks is just that - bollocks. This is a blip, their purple patch. Eventually teams find their natural level. What I don’t appreciate is their fans suddenly getting all billy big bollocks on everyone because they pass it about a bit. Every ref is against them, every goal they concede is lucky, and they are better than everyone they play. They are 18th in the league for fuck’s sake.

Their fans need to have a reality check and enjoy just playing at this level before they sink back to Orient and Wimbledon’s level. They’ve not been in the top flight since we were evacuating troops from Normandy for Christs sake. They’re an irrelevant club, the current flavour of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And several fans on the tbread thought they deserved to lose because of how ineffective their football was at times, and that MON tactically outsmart them.

As for purple patches the truth is we are both lower midtable championship clubs, no more, no less. Only they do it with verve and on a fraction of our budget.

What’s all this bollocks about an “identity” despite sky inventing silly buzz words like this it’s still 11 v 11, Brentford are shite & weak as piss that’s why they’re 18th so I’ll be fucked if I want us to be like them

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    And several fans on the tbread thought they deserved to lose because of how ineffective their football was at times, and that MON tactically outsmart them.

As for purple patches the truth is we are both lower midtable championship clubs, no more, no less. Only they do it with verve and on a fraction of our budget.
    We’re 9th which isn’t lower mid table, Brentford are lower mid table though even though they think they’re Holland 74 total football but in reality they’re a bag of shit

Last edited by Eddie Yates; 10-02-19 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    And look at how our fans behaved there and at other grounds this season...
    Tbh I didn’t think our fans were bad there this season. The Karanka chants wound them up but they were on an agenda with him. The smoke bomb wasn’t great but I thought we gave their keeper some shit but he seemed to take it in good humour. Pubs were in good mood too.

I do think at Chelsea we didn’t do ourselves proud though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Irrelevant little club.
    Ridiculous comment

Half the reason why this and other forums/forest fans have complete and utter meltdowns every other week

Quote Originally Posted by eugenboppboppbopp View Post
    On another day we would have dicked them 6-1. Did you not see the sitters we missed? We also missed a pen.

We won this game. The scoreline flattered them.

They are down the bottom half for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Unsure if this is serious or not.