Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11 wins from 17 games?

Default Re: 11 wins from 17 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It isn’t over until it’s 11 wins from 10.
    I like it, keep fighting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    11 wins from 16?
    I actually had today down as one of the six we would lose so it’s still on...

Did one of those predictor thingys got us finishing 16th with 57 points.

Brentford L
    WBA L
    Preston L
    Derby L
    Stoke L
    Hull D
    Villa L
    Ipswich W
    Swansea D
    Rotherham W
    Weds L
    BBurn D
    Sheff U L
    Boro L
    QPR W
    Bolton W

Last edited by Heffing Psycho!; 07-02-19 at 11:48.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post

Brentford L
    WBA L
    Preston L
    Derby L
    Stoke L
    Hull D
    Villa L
    Ipswich W
    Swansea D
    Rotherham W
    Weds L
    BBurn D
    Sheff U L
    Boro L
    QPR W
    Bolton W
    Not very optimistic at the moment are you mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Not very optimistic at the moment are you mate?
    Nope not at all, got some tough games coming up after our 'easy run' which we spectacularly fucked up. Our last 16 games isn't really much better than what I've predicted though: 5 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses and last 10 suggests we're slipping downwards: 2 wins, 2 draws, 6 losses.

If anything I'm predicting a resurgence in form for our last 10 games: 4 wins, 2 Draws, 4 losses...

Forum Tactician

Brentford L
    WBA L
    Preston L
    Derby L
    Stoke L
    Hull D
    Villa L
    Ipswich W
    Swansea D
    Rotherham W
    Weds L
    BBurn D
    Sheff U L
    Boro L
    QPR W
    Bolton W
    No contingency for new manager bounce at Preston?

Nope not at all, got some tough games coming up after our 'easy run' which we spectacularly fucked up. Our last 16 games isn't really much better than what I've predicted though: 5 wins, 5 draws, 6 losses and last 10 suggests we're slipping downwards: 2 wins, 2 draws, 6 losses.

If anything I'm predicting a resurgence in form for our last 10 games: 4 wins, 2 Draws, 4 losses...
    Wouldn't surprise me for it to go that way tbh.

Hoping the resurgence starts a bit earlier though. 3 more games for MON to get to grips with things fully, a tanking for Derby, on the up and straight wins until season end to go up via the playoffs

Tbh, after the clusterfuck which we've seen since Dec, I'd be happy to finish top half now.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    No contingency for new manager bounce at Preston?
    They were well disciplined against Derby at home the other night. Derby only came close from distance. They've only lost 3 at home all season drawn 7 and won 5, we could nick something if our form improves, but I'm not counting on it.

Wouldn't surprise me for it to go that way tbh.

Hoping the resurgence starts a bit earlier though. 3 more games for MON to get to grips with things fully, a tanking for Derby, on the up and straight wins until season end to go up via the playoffs

Tbh, after the clusterfuck which we've seen since Dec, I'd be happy to finish top half now.

Forum Tactician

They were well disciplined against Derby at home the other night. Derby only came close from distance. They've only lost 3 at home all season drawn 7 and won 5, we could nick something if our form improves, but I'm not counting on it.
    I rate Preston mate, I was referring more towards the fact MON wont survive beyond losses against Brentford & WBA & Gary Brazil might perk us up.

I rate Preston mate, I was referring more towards the fact MON wont survive beyond losses against Brentford & WBA & Gary Brazil might perk us up.
    Ah my bad! Yeah my predictions are worst case scenario I suppose and if MON did lose that many in a row it'd be tough to see him keep his job and if he did... well Karanka never shook the stigma of the run at the end of his first half season.

Thing is I look at that 7 game run up to Ipswich and genuinely struggle to see points being picked up, perhaps we get something against Derby with it being at home but then Stoke away is rough, Hull at home maybe something but they've been on a good run, Villa at home could nick something but I wouldn't expect it. If we come out of that with a point per game I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ah my bad! Yeah my predictions are worst case scenario I suppose and if MON did lose that many in a row it'd be tough to see him keep his job and if he did... well Karanka never shook the stigma of the run at the end of his first half season.

Thing is I look at that 7 game run up to Ipswich and genuinely struggle to see points being picked up, perhaps we get something against Derby with it being at home but then Stoke away is rough, Hull at home maybe something but they've been on a good run, Villa at home could nick something but I wouldn't expect it. If we come out of that with a point per game I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Didn't he? I'd say folk were behind AK as fully as I've ever known this season, chanting his name even after a poor run of results.

You'd even Robbie saying it'd be daft to sack him

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Didn't he? I'd say folk were behind AK as fully as I've ever known this season, chanting his name even after a poor run of results.

You'd even Robbie saying it'd be daft to sack him
    Most were, some weren't. Some people couldn't wait to bring up the scoreless run or last seasons results if we had a bad game this season.

Senior Doom Monger

It's the "only scored in 30% of games" that really bothers me.
    There has been a lot of talk as to whether AK is a defensive minded coach.
    That 30% stat is a strong indication he is.
    And like Mourinho, his former mentor and boss, AK has paid the price.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    It's the "only scored in 30% of games" that really bothers me.
    Where'd that stat come from Capt? I just did a back of the fag packet on his league games & came up with us scoring 29 in 46.

Apologies if Ive misinterpreted the stat, but its also heavily skewed towards the initial period of his tenure where he effectively put a ban on us going forward in order to sort the horrific concession rate before he came.

The approach made sense, keep the solidity, dont concede & catch teams out. Looking at the squad, it made perfect sense given our strengths at the time. If that approach wasn't deemed good enough in 7th then someones lost the plot.

Most were, some weren't. Some people couldn't wait to bring up the scoreless run or last seasons results if we had a bad game this season.
    Fair enough. Personally I thought AK got the best backing any managers had in a long time from the fanbase. Did ourselves proud.

Forum Tactician

Difficult to argue, think things have the capacity to get really ugly over the next five unless MON can pull something out the hat. Some tough looking games right there.

Incredible how not so long ago, we had the mentality to almost guarantee at least something from every game.

I miss that feeling.

Last edited by MASE; 07-02-19 at 15:10.

Impressive member

We scored in the majority of games this season but the dip following the Ipswich game has been remarkable.

Perk us up to possibly finish 10th rather than 16th? Hardly worth writing up the P45 for.

Yay! Let’s all predict the Championship. And then we can move on to the next US election, and what dark matter might actually be.

Brentford L
    WBA L
    Preston L
    Derby L
    Stoke L
    Hull D
    Villa L
    Ipswich W
    Swansea D
    Rotherham W
    Weds L
    BBurn D
    Sheff U L
    Boro L
    QPR W
    Bolton W
    Did you follow a link from the Sheep Forum ?

Difficult to argue, think things have the capacity to get really ugly over the next five unless MON can pull something out the hat. Some tough looking games right there.

Incredible how not so long ago, we had the mentality to almost guarantee at least something from every game.

I miss that feeling.
    I missed it for 7 years until AK turned up

Senior Mass Debater

Alf, you need to start a tread similar to the "Eleven Point Watch" called something like "The Billy Benchmark thread" which can run until we finally surpass his best achievement.

It should be like a "Dear John" letter or Journalist's insult that gets pinned to the dressing room door as a motivator.

Hopefully it will be a short lived thread, but I am not holding my breath just yet.

...the Liatrom Red

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Alf, you need to start a tread similar to the "Eleven Point Watch" called something like "The Billy Benchmark thread" which can run until we finally surpass his best achievement.

It should be like a "Dear John" letter or Journalist's insult that gets pinned to the dressing room door as a motivator.

Hopefully it will be a short lived thread, but I am not holding my breath just yet.
    What was the Play Off season Billy Benchmark btw? Asking for a friend.