Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 86 of 86
  1. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,094

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I wouldnt see the need to move Watson from the '1' at this point. He has been superb at anticipating threats, recycling possession, and organising and orchestrating the team. He does also frequently slot into a back 3 as part of his role. I also dont see a problem the 1 up front. Grabban is ideal in the role.

    The area we need more is in attacking midfield and out wide. Again, I dont think changing the formation is what is needed. 4141 is working fine. We are in the top 6. What is needed is more pace, more quality in the attacking third, and a back up/variation to Grabban.
    Agree with that. The lack of creativity/goal threat in midfield and quality out wide is the problem, as would be the case with any formation we play. Changing formation would require even more signings to make it work, which would be almost impossible to pull off in January.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #77
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    42,487

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I wouldnt see the need to move Watson from the '1' at this point. He has been superb at anticipating threats, recycling possession, and organising and orchestrating the team. He does also frequently slot into a back 3 as part of his role. I also dont see a problem the 1 up front. Grabban is ideal in the role.

    The area we need more is in attacking midfield and out wide. Again, I dont think changing the formation is what is needed. 4141 is working fine. We are in the top 6. What is needed is more pace, more quality in the attacking third, and a back up/variation to Grabban.
    Agree that the priority should be out wide, but there's also no need for any formation change to be a permanent change, just needs to be an option.


  4. #78

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    What a waist of money that would be..
    Why spend millions on toney when we have tyler walker? same age, playing in same position, same league
    & has only scored 1 or 2 less goals for lincoln a team that isn't has good & arguably creates less chances than peterboro.


  5. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    10,055

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    This is mildly interesting:

    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/st...695674880?s=19

    Two of the Champ top 4 bid for Toney, one clearly Brentford, only they would tell someone that they should sell a player because they only have a 7% statistical chance of promotion other one could've been us?


  6. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,094

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    This is mildly interesting:

    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/st...695674880?s=19

    Two of the Champ top 4 bid for Toney, one clearly Brentford, only they would tell someone that they should sell a player because they only have a 7% statistical chance of promotion other one could've been us?
    According to Bielsa, Leeds are done in the transfer market now and I doubt it's us (giventhatwe now have Walker and Da Costa, and won't meet Peterborough's asking price). Given West Brom's frantic transfer activity today, it's probably them.


  7. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,293

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    What about Fulham without Mitro ?


  8. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,094

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    What about Fulham without Mitro ?
    Didn't think of that, suppose that is also a possibility.


  9. #83
    tel - 0898 12 11 74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Stand above the away fans
    Posts
    1,306

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    Seeing as it's Peterborough we ought to agree a fee and just before the window shuts pull out.


  10. #84
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo
    Posts
    25,792

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Seeing as it's Peterborough we ought to agree a fee and just before the window shuts pull out.
    Tell them he failed a hearing test, or something.


  11. #85
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,920

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    ... we ought to agree a fee and just before the window shuts pull out.
    Sounds like my sex life?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  12. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    157

    Default Re: [BUPA] Ivan Toney

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Tell them he failed a hearing test, or something.
    What?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •