Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: [BUPA] Jonathan Kodjia

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Bad news for them they still have Lansbury stinking the place out. Think he is a bad luck charm.
    Dare I say it, should we bring him home?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    We don't need any more programme sellers thanks.

Gets injured regularly enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Being real, if it was the Lansbury that was in the Forest team up to Pearce leaving, I'd be up for that. But considering where he was and where he is now, he'd expect a wedge and be unable to justify it.

BUPA?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    BUPA?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Bullshit Until Proven Authentic or something like that, essentially a suggestion.

Not that type of player

Bang average until proven average

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

The thing with high wage loans is we probably had a quite high wage loanee in Sam Byram.

Hat-trick for Kodjia against Liverpool's kids tonight.

I was actually at Villa Park at the weekend, to see them get thrashed by Southampton.

Have to say Kodjia looked pretty sharp with a good amount of energy when he came on, certainly when compared to the Brazilian lump they started up front.

Quite a few supporters around were wondering why Villa don't start him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    I was actually at Villa Park at the weekend, to see them get thrashed by Southampton.

Have to say Kodjia looked pretty sharp with a good amount of energy when he came on, certainly when compared to the Brazilian lump they started up front.

Quite a few supporters around were wondering why Villa don't start him.
    I hope Villa get relegated. They spent around £150m in the summer and are planning on spending more in January.

Just look what Sheffield United have done with only spending a pittance.

Had a quick look on the Villa forum and it seems like the consensus is they want him to leave despite the fact they have no fit strikers. They also use the words lazy and idle more than once, mind you plenty of our lot said that of Grabban as well.

I still wonder how much that injury he had a couple of seasons back impacted him, doesn't seem to have been the same player since that, although he showed he still had something about him against Liverpool in the cup. Perhaps he just needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Had a quick look on the Villa forum and it seems like the consensus is they want him to leave despite the fact they have no fit strikers. They also use the words lazy and idle more than once, mind you plenty of our lot said that of Grabban as well.

I still wonder how much that injury he had a couple of seasons back impacted him, doesn't seem to have been the same player since that, although he showed he still had something about him against Liverpool in the cup. Perhaps he just needs a fresh start somewhere else.
    Despite his pedigree, from the recent links there are a few warning markers for me too.

I think it's one where, on loan you'd be happy to see it as the risks are limited. But for a few million bob and probably a 3/4yr deal. I'm not sure i'd fancy it.

Rather go out and find our own 'Kodja' so to speak if we're going permanent. Looks like we've tried to, to be fair with Sissoko, who doesn't seem to want to leave his club yet.

Another from Villa in his 30s who's best days are probably behind him by all accounts. Sounds like another Adomah.

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    Another from Villa in his 30s who's best days are probably behind him by all accounts. Sounds like another Adomah.
    I'm still baffled and frustrated by the Adomah signing. It was obvious a mile off. In his last season for Villa, he'd stopped beating players, looked off the pace and was regularly getting replaced by Andre Green by the end of the season.

I can only assume they wanted to bring someone in with recent experience of getting promoted, who's supposed to be of good character.

2yr deal though...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Rather go out and find our own 'Kodja' so to speak if we're going permanent. Looks like we've tried to, to be fair with Sissoko, who doesn't seem to want to leave his club yet.
    Same, although I understand the hesitancy from some supporters about signing players from foreign leagues in Jan but if you hesitate you end up losing out.

Sissoko is reportedly being tracked by Leeds and we know how thorough Bielsa is supposed to be with his scouting and Bristol who have a good record recently with bringing strikers over from France, Kodjia being one of them. We also have two blokes working behind the scenes who have a very good record plucking French players out of relative obscurity.

I mentioned him in the Anigo thread a few weeks back, the top scorer in Ligue 2 Tino Kadewere is in shit hot form as well, he's now reportedly got Celtic, Southampton, Bournemouth, Norwich and Lyon sniffing round him, I'd say he looks well worth the gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Same, although I understand the hesitancy from some supporters about signing players from foreign leagues in Jan but if you hesitate you end up losing out.

Sissoko is reportedly being tracked by Leeds and we know how thorough Bielsa is supposed to be with his scouting and Bristol who have a good record recently with bringing strikers over from France, Kodjia being one of them. We also have two blokes working behind the scenes who have a very good record plucking French players out of relative obscurity.

I mentioned him in the Anigo thread a few weeks back, the top scorer in Ligue 2 Tino Kadewere is in shit hot form as well, he's now reportedly got Celtic, Southampton, Bournemouth, Norwich and Lyon sniffing round him, I'd say he looks well worth the gamble.
    I agree to an extent there's a nervousness in buying in Jan. But only if you put pressure on them to instantly perform. Pretty much all permanent signings should be with the idea in mind that they're to fit in for the long term, not shit or bust.

I'd love us to dig out a gem from that market. They obviously do exist all over. Look at Celtic picking up Van Dijk Groiningen. Leicester with Kante, Mahrez... Obviously Kodja himself.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I'm still baffled and frustrated by the Adomah signing. It was obvious a mile off. In his last season for Villa, he'd stopped beating players, looked off the pace and was regularly getting replaced by Andre Green by the end of the season.

I can only assume they wanted to bring someone in with recent experience of getting promoted, who's supposed to be of good character.

2yr deal though...
    Still got regular starts throughout last season & been a virtual ever present in a top end championship team for the last three seasons. He has been a massive disappointment, but did show what he was brought here to do at the start of the season.

Id question the players mentality (issues with which he doesn't appear to have shown before), rather than the decision to bring him here.

When last did Kodjia do something ?

Physically he does fit the bill for Lamouchi and is more of a natural than say Ameobi.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 09-01-20 at 12:05.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Still got regular starts throughout last season & been a virtual ever present in a top end championship team for the last three seasons. He has been a massive disappointment, but did show what he was brought here to do at the start of the season.

Id question the players mentality (issues with which he doesn't appear to have shown before), rather than the decision to bring him here.
    I was watching him last season and it was evident he was on his last legs. Villa were largely average through the season, until Grealish came back and carried them, with the support of Hourihane, Mings and McGinn.

Banned

There are gems to be found In Europe but do you trust our lot to find them? With the sheer amount of players we’ve signed from abroad in recent years the only ones to have a real impact and Samba and maybe Sow, but he's spent more time on the treatment table.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Forest 89 View Post
    There are gems to be found In Europe but do you trust our lot to find them? With the sheer amount of players we’ve signed from abroad in recent years the only ones to have a real impact and Samba and maybe Sow, but he's spent more time on the treatment table.
    I think Modesto's sole job since the end of the last transfer window has been to do just that. Let's hope he delivers.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    When last did Kodjia do something ?

Physically he does fit the bill for Lamouchi and is more of a natural than say Ameobi.
    He bagged about 10 in 20 last season & scored a couple in the cup start recent against Liverpool. Struggled for game time, but he's done it at this level & his performance against Liverpool suggested he could hit the ground running.

His performance against Liverpool U9's*

I'd give this a swerve, he's a biscuit.

This one is a big no from me.