Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: James McClean

Default Re: James McClean

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    McClean has never came out in support of the IRA and has said that he'd wear the poppy if it only supported the soldiers that died in both world wars.

How the fuck is refusing to wear the poppy remotely similar to a muslim player supporting ISIS?
    Yes he has in his sly cowardly way.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-29092150.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Yes he has in his sly cowardly way.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-29092150.html
    I donít think Gregory Campbell would be considered an objective commentator in Northern Ireland. He is just as bigoted in his own way.e
    I canít blame people in the U.K. for failing to understand Irish history as they were never taught it in school.
    For example the modern IRA, who would not be given the time of day by most nationalists,
    are completely different from the original I R A who fought for the freedom of their country which they eventually achieved, at least partially, in 1922.
    There are many rebel songs celebrating the fight for Irish freedom, going back centuries in many cases, which may be anathema to British colonialists, but are still revered by Irish people, North and South. To suggest that someone who likes one of these songs is, by definition, a supporter of the modern I R A is pure ignorance.

It seems to me that some British, or , more particularly English people,, cannot entertain the fact that not everybody loves them , and , by definition, cannot accept that their Colonial rule and itís accompanying oppression was a force for good in the world.
    By the way, my English wife likes this post, and she has asked me to point out that she likes to sing rebel songs.

Last edited by Red bandit; 07-04-20 at 18:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    I donít think Nigel Dodds would be considered an objective commentator in Northern Ireland. He is just as bigoted in his own way.
    I canít blame people in the U.K. for failing to understand Irish history as they were never taught it in school.
    For example the modern IRA, who would not be given the time of day by most nationalists,
    are completely different from the original I R A who fought for the freedom of their country which they eventually achieved, at least partially, in 1922.
    There are many rebel songs celebrating the fight for Irish freedom, going back centuries in many cases, which may be anathema to British colonialists, but are still revered by Irish people, North and South. To suggest that someone who likes one of these songs is, by definition, a supporter of the modern I R A is pure ignorance.

It seems to me that some British, or , more particularly English people,, cannot entertain the fact that not everybody loves them , and , by definition, cannot accept that their Colonial rule and itís accompanying oppression was a force for good in the world.
    By the way, my English wife likes this post, and she has asked me to point out that she likes to sing rebel songs.
    To suggest that James McCunt made the statement regarding The Broad Black Brimmer in an innocent fashion is simply defending him for his pro IRA views. Is there a similar cultural acceptance in wearing a balaclava whilst giving his history lesson?
    My wife is from an Irish family and fortunately none of them have any time for terrorist *****, in fact her maternal grand parents had to leave Ireland on pain of death, their crime? Their families attended different churches.
    Whilst we're at it duck, I despise all terrorists as the cowardly scumbags that they are irrespective of nationality and I have no time for colonialism.
    I find the national anthem a great antidote to the pro IRA dirges though, most uplifting.

Last edited by Wes' Organ; 07-04-20 at 18:34. Reason: I

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    To suggest that James McCunt made the statement regarding The Broad Black Brimmer in an innocent fashion is simply defending him for his pro IRA views. Is there a similar cultural acceptance in wearing a balaclava whilst giving his history lesson?
    My wife is from an Irish family and fortunately none of them have any time for terrorist *****, in fact her maternal grand parents had to leave Ireland on pain of death, their crime? Their families attended different churches.
    Whilst we're at it duck, I despise all terrorists as the cowardly scumbags that they are irrespective of nationality and I have no time for colonialism.g
    I find the national anthem a great antidote to the pro IRA dirges though, most uplifting.
    I completely agree with you about terrorists and their actions should be condemned by all right thinking people.

Sadly a small group of British soldiers in Northern Ireland practiced a form of state terrorism, killing and injuring innocent people, and their actions have poisoned the reputation of their decent fellow soldiers.

I think that McLean is a rather stupid man as his actions with the balaclava demonstrates, but I doubt that he is a genuine supporter of the IRA.

My point is that an alleged love of an old patriotic song can hardly be argued in evidence against him, except by those who have a point to prove in aid of their own bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    I completely agree with you about terrorists and their actions should be condemned by all right thinking people.

Sadly a small group of British soldiers in Northern Ireland practiced a form of state terrorism, killing and injuring innocent people, and their actions have poisoned the reputation of their decent fellow soldiers.

I think that McLean is a rather stupid man as his actions with the balaclava demonstrates, but I doubt that he is a genuine supporter of the IRA.

My point is that an alleged love of an old patriotic song can hardly be argued in evidence against him, except by those who have a point to prove in aid of their own bigotry.
    When put together with other evidence I think that it's impossible to defend him unless you are defending terrorists and their supporters.
    The lad is an absolute disgrace whether you support a united Ireland or despise the IRA, he makes noise for self publicity without actually having an ounce of personal integrity.
    The kids a ****.