Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224
Results 5,576 to 5,591 of 5591

Thread: It's Martin !

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: It's Martin !

Interesting that there was a fair bit made of Matt Doherty’s comment on MON, but now that O'Dowda said “I felt that Martin’s man-management skills were very good and he probably got the best out of me." very little is being said about it.

Here's the peice for those who haven't seen it...

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...l-like-2946864

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Impressive member

"Of course, when I was a student, at age 16, I was studying Greek history since then, and I was doing a great project, for Alexander the Great, for Macedonia, for the Peloponnesian War, for the Battle of Thermopylae, I was saying to Yiannis Vrentzos and Koulis I dared something that they did not like (laughs), that I wanted the Spartans to beat the Athenians. "

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Interesting that there was a fair bit made of Matt Doherty’s comment on MON, but now that O'Dowda said “I felt that Martin’s man-management skills were very good and he probably got the best out of me." very little is being said about it.

Dohertys comments were in keeping with what we've seen so far from Martins tenure. ODowdas are more personal to him, whether their genuine or posturing for a move, time will tell.

Good to hear positive comments about the manager nonetheless.

...and when you think about it, we’ve tried every formation, we’ve tried siege mentality, all-out flowing attacks, Dougieball, youth, the Karanka gambit, Psychotherapy... every single manager, at some point, we’ve always thought... all of us... that “these lads could do better”.

The right man-management is crucial. Every Prem team has at least a handful of the best players in the world. Plenty of them have just had a shit season, even if the competition itself was a blinder. We’ll have the squad we have and we’ll play the formation and mentality we play... we can afford and usually have a good number of very capable players. We always marvel at teams who sign relative unknowns and do better than us.

Man management. Belief. Confidence. One has to hope, at this point, doesn’t one?

It's all about mid-table...

THIS IS the season, strap yourselves in you lucky so and so's.

Cometh the hour cometh the MoNaRK.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Dohertys comments were in keeping with what we've seen so far from Martins tenure. ODowdas are more personal to him, whether their genuine or posturing for a move, time will tell.

Good to hear positive comments about the manager nonetheless.
    Yeah. Regardless of who agrees/disagrees with what, it just makes me chuckle that Doherty's comments were highlighted & discussed a fair bit, whereas ODs have been largely overlooked.

Personally I've only ever heard the utmost praise from MON from players. Given a full pre-season I think he can do a lot of good here.

Key thing, as always, is that the club don't shandy out the second a blip hits, and actually show some confidence for a change

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Impressive member

Go big or go home, to quote our American friends.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Don't think he's getting replaced by Jokanovic this pre-season.

Don't think he's getting replaced by Jokanovic this pre-season.
    Aye, shame...

Jokanovic has gone to Qatar for the £££ anyhow:
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...tball/48656646

Guess there was some truth in the rumours that his financial demands priced him out of Forest and West Brom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Jokanovic has gone to Qatar for the £££ anyhow:
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...tball/48656646

Guess there was some truth in the rumours that his financial demands priced him out of Forest and West Brom.
    So fucking glad we didn't get the Merc twunt. No probs with folk going where the money is whilst trying to achieve something of note, but turning his back on the challenge of a promotion push with several clubs here, for a league like that shows the type of character I'd sooner not have.

Thank God we got MON instead.

So fucking glad we didn't get the Merc twunt. No probs with folk going where the money is whilst trying to achieve something of note, but turning his back on the challenge of a promotion push with several clubs here, for a league like that shows the type of character I'd sooner not have.

Not me, wouldn't have been my first choice would rather have seen Carvalhal come in with the squad the way it was set up to play at the time but I'd rather have seen Jokanovic come in than MON... 2 promotions from this division in the last 5 years worth more than any Scottish division title for me, given the context. As for the merc thing all managers do it to get better money elsewhere, MON had been doing it to Forest for about 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Not me, wouldn't have been my first choice would rather have seen Carvalhal come in with the squad the way it was set up to play at the time but I'd rather have seen Jokanovic come in than MON... 2 promotions from this division in the last 5 years worth more than any Scottish division title for me, given the context. As for the merc thing all managers do it to get better money elsewhere, MON had been doing it to Forest for about 20 years.
    MON will change your mind before the seasons out

The Clapham Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    MON is serious about promotion... are you?

It's all about mid-table...

Dead right.

Same bloke who got two clubs promoted and then shit on him from a great height once he got them there? Yeah, he is definitely the mercenary.