Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 217 of 217 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217
Results 5,401 to 5,406 of 5406

Thread: It's Martin !

It's all about mid-table...

Default Re: It's Martin !

THIS is the most important season in TWO DECADES.

Fuk this up, well me Ravz Oats OMR Cap Heisen Eugine etc might as well jump in a furnace or a 6ft hole.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    THIS is the most important season in TWO DECADES.

Fuk this up, well me Ravz Oats OMR Cap Heisen Eugine etc might as well jump in a furnace or a 6ft hole.
    It could be the last chance for the more senior fans.

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kjetil Osvald's Cat View Post
    Damn it, now I feel bad for liking the responses to this mate!!

It's all about opinions though I guess, and you are brave/bold for expressing that one (or maybe you just love winding people like me up lol - in which case I shouldn't feel bad about those likes!). To be fair I'm not as enthusiastic about Colback as some and I never felt Fox was as good as plenty had decided he was in the end, but I didn't want to enrage anyone with those opinions (or feel bad about putting the players down!).

So no hard feelings, and I'll be helpful and leave this link here to help you out - I've just got a feeling it might
    https://www.visionexpress.com/book-e...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Don't worry about it mate.

OK I'll admit Carvalho isn't exactly average, but Lolley has contributed more despite costing only a fraction of the price.

The original point was about a manager spending lots of money on ineffectual players, and I'm sorry but for me Joao hasn't looked anything like worth £13m when assessed in light of the player mentioned above, as an example.

So far.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Don't worry about it mate.

OK I'll admit Carvalho isn't exactly average, but Lolley has contributed more despite costing only a fraction of the price.

The original point was about a manager spending lots of money on ineffectual players, and I'm sorry but for me Joao hasn't looked anything like worth £13m when assessed in light of the player mentioned above, as an example.

So far.
    I think there is a balance to be struck between the two. Lolley was massively undervalued and someone at Huddersfield should be getting a screwing for that. Yes we did paid over the odds for Carvalho although some may have been a punt on his potential. I still think this could be a Marinakis way of inflating his price to potentially purchase at bigger money for Oly without it raising too many eyebrows. In terms of the balance though it would be difficult to imagine we could have got 2 better quality players in their portions for an overall figure of less than £14M.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Notcher View Post
    I think there is a balance to be struck between the two. Lolley was massively undervalued and someone at Huddersfield should be getting a screwing for that. Yes we did paid over the odds for Carvalho although some may have been a punt on his potential. I still think this could be a Marinakis way of inflating his price to potentially purchase at bigger money for Oly without it raising too many eyebrows. In terms of the balance though it would be difficult to imagine we could have got 2 better quality players in their portions for an overall figure of less than £14M.
    Sorry I hate to nitpick but my post was in response to another post about managers spending too much on players to the detriment of the club.

As far as I can see if we hadn't signed Carvalho we'd still be in the same position we are now - ie. still in the Championship. Only £13m better off. He hasn't contributed anything to suggest that without him we'd have been relegated.

I'm just wondering when we're going to see £13m worth of return. Cos we haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Sorry I hate to nitpick but my post was in response to another post about managers spending too much on players to the detriment of the club.

As far as I can see if we hadn't signed Carvalho we'd still be in the same position we are now - ie. still in the Championship. Only £13m better off. He hasn't contributed anything to suggest that without him we'd have been relegated.

I'm just wondering when we're going to see £13m worth of return. Cos we haven't yet.
    Not easy to justify your price tag while sat on the bench as shit like Ben Watson lumber around the midfield