Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Matchday 27: Reading Fan Comments

Default Matchday 27: Reading Fan Comments

The saga that is this season continues with a visit from Nottm Forest. Again we will get to see just how far behind the leading teams in the division Reading are.

Or perhaps we won't. Perhaps there will be a continuation of the ManU performance and a corner will be turned by managing to win the fist game since the beginning of November.

Forest are on a small downer at the moment with only 1 win in their last 6 league games but so many teams have been on a bit of a downer and rolled up, collected their points and said "thanks very much" so that is probably nothing to get excited about.

Massive game for us. Absolutely have to get the 3 points.

Really can't stand that ref, he fills me with dread.

So two new midfielders and possibly a new keeper all could be making their debuts in this one. Wonder if the club will ever sign players for the positions they actually need to cover eg a left back.

Forest part company with the manager this morning. Could disrupt them a bit maybe?

You'd think so. Strange day to do it.

I get the feeling we tend to struggle against teams that just lost their manager. Not sure if the stats back this up. Sure someone will pop up having done extensive research to prove me wrong though.

From reports I read, the players liked him. Would hope it would work to our advantage.

Seems like a lot of their fans are unhappy with this as well, could leave them in a bit of disarray. It's not like they were playing badly and needed to get a new manager in.

I will be following the game on the totally unbiased commentary available to me on BBC Radio Notts. They reckon that we're there for the taking & that Bod will have a tough time against Colback.

God... they're winging about the ballboys now.

Liking the line up, the passion and the attacking intent shown already.

Not a red for forest and rightly so, Fox got to the ball first and had his feet low, yellow for potentially dangerous maybe.

They are not closing us down. Hence lots of possession. Expect they will change things round soon.

Get in there Swifty.

Bloody hell, what is this winning thing?

We've shaded it so far, with lots of possession. Forest have been physical.

Thoroughly deserved half time lead. I expect much closing down from Forest in second half though.

Noticed lots of frisking by stewards going on today. And netting over seats in Y26. Plus stewards moving people away from those nets. Is there trouble expected today?

They tried burning our ground down last visit.

Holy shit we're actually winning a football match.

Forest getting frustrated with ref decisions. Fox off!

Sounds like handbags have been flying there & eventually Forest down to 10 as Fox gets a red & 5 yellows shown.

Oxf*rd me we might actually win a football match.

Ref has let way too much go. Richards could easily have gone earlier.

Lots of chances. Hardly any decent shots on target tho.

Another Red for Forest - Darikwa off.

LOL Two red cards. That's Reading levels of stoopid.

And then Forest score an OG - I'm sure that's the icing on the cake.

Quality performance from us to push exactly the right buttons that a caretaker manager wouldn't want pushed. Colback and Fox were fired up trying to prove their point and our high press in the first half was absolutely spot on, didn't let them settle.

Think we caught Forest on an off day having lost their manager yesterday, so prolly not a bad time to play them.

Technically our best 45 minutes in the first half since the last time under Stam when we beat Forest 3-1 at home in 2017. We closed down and pressed better that at anytime under Clement, our positioning and support team play was good and kept a good shape....what a difference. Whether or not Forest have a manager is irrelevant, we just looked way better.

Just saw the highlights: Richards very lucky to stay on the pitch, pretty much an identikit challenge to the one that later led to a straight red for Forest. Moore escalating things running from tens of yards away to trigger the maul when Fox was sent off.

Slightly puzzled by the BBC report...which talks about us "defending in numbers" and only looking better once Forest were down to 10 men. At no stage in the game did Forest ever have a spell of pressure and look on top. I wouldn't say it was comfortable win, as we really ought to have created more in the first hour than we did, but we always looked the better side.

Agreed. Not wanting to take anything away from what was a good performance but Forest were poor. How they can be so high up the table is baffling based on that performance.

God Forest were poor. Whether that was down to us or them being shit is open to debate, but what I saw today gives me hope we can get out of this mess.

We really deserved the win today, Forest where a shambles and in the end it was a comfortable win.

Great 3 points. Launched at Forest right from the off and that I think is what won it as they didnít seem to be expecting it and they just couldnít settle into their own game.

Best performance of the season. Best atmosphere of the season. Best referee of the season. Best result of the season....but we have to be more clinical.

Best referee of the season??

He got 2 key decisions wrong, and a number of minor ones as well. For both sides.*

Iím not sure what standard you are used to but that was a poor performance from the ref and he will be rightly marked down in his post match assessment by his observer.

First team we've beaten in the top half of the table in over 12 months.

Forest were dreadful, but I donít think we allowed them to play by pressing high and hard. But they just didnít seem to have any players on any quality. Have never rated Daryl Murphy either. Surprised they didnít press us like we did them. Seemed happy to sit in and let us try to play around them.*

And the match stats really didnít reflect the game. Yes they had 44% possession but most of it was within 30 yards of their own goal. And their shots were little pea dribblers.

It was amusing watching Florist self destruct. Their number 4 was a red card waiting to happen. Mind you I thought Richards was a trifle lucky. Their little ginger in midfield having a crying tantrum was also amusing.

I rather enjoyed Yiadom's cheeky wave goodbye to Fox too.

Their No. 6 is now wearing the Dolphins badge on account of successful dives.

How Murphy wasn't sent off is beyond me.

Something obviously made him lose his rag.

Something made all of them lose their rags.

I am sure Moore was spat at during the handbags, probably why he went into meltdown.

Just watched the highlights and Murphy should have seen red for that tackle - the 2nd sending off was another really bad challenge.

Forest imploded. Thatís not the refís fault. He warned them. At one stage he called Fox over and made clear that Colback was on the brink of being sent off. Colback was already on a yellow and then got in the refís face. Sensible refereeing. No one is complaining about the sendings off and both Forest players apologised to their team mates. He made the right calls. He wonít be marked down imo.

I thought the ref was pretty bad. Fox should have got straight red for that first tackle 10 mins in, coleman kept on diving and he fell for it, pantillimon time wasting in first half, couple of off the ball things he missed and he more or less just watched as the forest players went very o t t. If he'd run in early with the cards could have nipped that in the bud.. Couple of bad challenges reading got away with too.

A rather one paced game. For a team who had two men sent off and one that should have been given a straight red I thought Forest stood off us a lot, especially in the first half. I'm guessing Derby won't give Moore and Illori the time to pass the ball around that Forest gave them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 27: Reading Fan Comments

Thanks for posting Calvin.

Quite telling that they think we are the worst team to visit since our last time there.

Thanks for posting Calvin

The Foam Hand

Back to that feeling of dťjŗ vu reading them comments.
    Hull last year, Reading this year, Wigan the year before that...
    Another season dropping to bits at some non descript footballing backwater with the locals laughing at us.
    Ah well.

Thanks for posting Calvin.

Bout time Forest stopped ruining weekends. - Barry

Fucking wank. Just utterly fucking gutted to have thrown away points so abjectly at a game we could have easily won, especially in a season where away games are our bread & butter point acru-ers.

ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

"Best atmosphere of the season"

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post

I think that was referring to us

Forest fans weren't particularly noisey either, understandably.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post

This is Reading we are talking about, they dont do atmosphere. Even I thought they sounded more lively than usual listening on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    This is Reading we are talking about, they dont do atmosphere. Even I thought they sounded more lively than usual listening on the radio.
    That was the heavier than usual nearby traffic

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

.k I m
    I m u mm

Even their fans could clearly see that we didn’t look a happy bunch.

Well done the Forest board. These players are a mess mentally and you could see how they tried to take their frustration out on Reading players.

Where’s Paul McKenna when you need him? Either one will do.

Thanks Calvin. After listening to the game on Radio Nottingham yesterday I didn't expect to find any comments as I didn't think there were any Reading fans to comment. There was a point in the commentary when I thought I heard a pin drop in the ground.

Radio Nottingham were in shock that all Reading fans left before injury time started and couldn't quite believe they'd gone early to celebrate their first win in donkeys!

Not sure who their centre mid was who went off near the end but he must've committed 10 fouls and somehow escaped a yellow! Colback on the other end, 1 tackle and 1 yellow card! The ref was shocking! Murphy took his frustration out when getting a yellow - he'd been wrestled to the floor and somehow the ref didn't give a free kick.