Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

AK's departure is another kick in the sack. We've been here many times before, and just as things are looking up it's all change & new balls please.

But, this one's a little different. And that's the fact he walked.

See Mcliesh walked, but that was still after a sacking by the owner caused a backlash. McClaren walked, but he was wank so who cares.

However AK has walked when we're sat in a very promising position. I'm sure there's way more to it, I'm sure he's got some good reasons, BUT ultimately he "asked to be released from his contract".

So firstly I'm not sure how much blame the club can cop, and secondly do we really want someone here who hasn't the backbone or fight to see a job through?

I'm undecided

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: AK Walking Away - is it gay or OK?

Fuck me Alf, How I am going to explain that thread title to my 7 year old son ?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I'm far from politically correct, but with some daft complaints made in todays modern word, you might get scorned for the thread title.

I'm sad he's gone. I wanted him to add a few key positions in Jan and see where the season takes us. But it's happened now and i'm over it.

I have lost respect for Karanka walking and the timing of it in particular though.

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    Fuck me Alf, How I am going to explain that thread title to my 7 year old son ?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
    Sorry mate, I always go for rhyme above reason

Poor choice of words!

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Where's me hammer?

Happy or ok?

Id say ok i suppose

If it’s cool enough for Craig David to sing about, then it’s okay.

The Foam Hand

I think they probably gave him the choice, walk and save some face or be sacked.

Nothing more in it.

I hope we aren't suggesting his bottle went and he's done one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I think they probably gave him the choice, walk and save some face or be sacked.

Nothing more in it.

Agree with this.

I would guess it was a forced, rather than a free choice.

Nothing more in it.

Thing is though mate, he did ultimately walk.

I' aint judging until we know some more facts, but the club statement said "AK has asked to be released from his contract". On a purely factual level, that's someone who has done one.

I know there's way more to it, but the manager can be a nob & stay if he believes in himself & his cause.

Nothing more in it.

Probably would've saved more face if he'd got sacked imo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've been repeatedly told John Percy is a very valid source. He intimates that the board wanted to make amends with AK and keep him, but AK decided otherwise.

That, alongside confirmation AK did indeed choose to walk, provides more evidence than he was forced to walk away.

Nothing more in it.

We don't know for sure and I'm sure we will find out in time.

From that BBC journalist that interviewed EM: AK tried to resign on Wednesday, the club said no and Marinakis rocked up on Thursday for discussions and then he officially resigns after the talks.

If he rocks up in Madrid in the close future I would suggest we know what's gone on.

Default Re: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

I don't buy it. Why walk, in 7th, only a year into post, and not get paid off?

The only logic I can see were if he knew about the Real Madrid interest a month ago and wanted it, made his intentions to Marinakis clear who promptly told him to get on with the job here, and since then there's been the breakdown in trust between both.

Seems more far fetched than a termination clause that took a couple of weeks to negotiate which included "we're going to pretend you left" and a gagging order.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Usually don't like quitters but in this case my admiration for him hasn't diminished, I think he's been getting fucked over for the past few weeks and was in a standoff with the club who didn't have the bollocks to sack him so he walked, wish he'd have done it right after beating Leeds.

Pretty much every club has a 'gagging order' for their departed managers. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

We can only speculate the reasons why.

But there's evidence to suggest he wasn't happy and walked, rather than the concocted story that he was actually made to leave with the agreement we'd say he'd walked to save face...

Was it a gun to the head and an offer you cant refuse? either your signature or your brains will be on that letter of resignation ��

Co-incidence AK had that wobbly moment after the Ipswich game and two weeks later Jose is sacked..? and now rumours they are joining up for Real ?

The Foam Hand

What does it matter anyway? He's gone now.

It was the same with Warburton, weeks and weeks of discussing it and nobody is still any wiser what happened even now.

As soon as the new guy comes in I'll back him and forget the old guy, as I did with Karanka.

Fuck the title

Yea heís walked away but you canít seriously think itís his decision entirely

Unless he has some very bad personal issues then he has effectively been forced out

If anyone in the hierarchy wanted him here, truly wanted him then they would of been straight out the gate and told the press and whoever else that wanted to listen that heís going nowhere

Bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I've been repeatedly told John Percy is a very valid source. He intimates that the board wanted to make amends with AK and keep him, but AK decided otherwise.

That, alongside confirmation AK did indeed choose to walk, provides more evidence than he was forced to walk away.
    Then if thatís true they should of bloody done all they could to keep him when whatever happened happened

Instead of us lot singing his name in the stands and hashtag this that and the other

All I heard is that Karanka wanted to leave 'for personal reasons'. Neither he nor NFFC are expected to comment further on this. So most of what we hear will be just journalists speculating. There is still some opinion that his mum is ill.
    If he racks up in Iberia, he will be nearer to his mum. I also heard that he has negotiated a severance payment, so it isn't a straight sacking.

But what do we know?

Jokanovic? Could do well. Not Clough, Keane, O'Neill. we'd end up hating them.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    All I heard is that Karanka wanted to leave 'for personal reasons'. Neither he nor NFFC are expected to comment further on this. So most of what we hear will be just journalists speculating. There is still some opinion that his mum is ill.
    If he racks up in Iberia, he will be nearer to his mum. I also heard that he has negotiated a severance payment, so it isn't a straight sacking.

But what do we know?

Jokanovic? Could do well. Not Clough, Keane, O'Neill. we'd end up hating them.
    Why would the club pay a severance package to an employee resigning of his own free choice. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post
    Co-incidence AK had that wobbly moment after the Ipswich game and two weeks later Jose is sacked..? and now rumours they are joining up for Real ?
    My mind went back to the Ipswich game and couldnít remember the sequence of events along with Mourinhoís sacking. But Solari had only just got the job at Real, would seem unlikely that the events are connected.

In saying that I hope Karanka ends up at Real if that is where he wants to be, good luck to the guy.

Default AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

Last edited by MXJ; 11-01-19 at 21:02.