Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 84 of 84

Thread: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

      
  1. #76

    Default Re: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    It’s embarrassing this new narrative you are attempting to push that EM is the same as Fawaz.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facts are facts. Fawaz took us over in 19th, first season finished 8th. EM took us over in 20th, first season finished 17th. Both undermined a manager in 7th which ultimately left them to depart.

    That at least raises some queries. I'm not stating EM is like Fawaz overall, just that their footballing decisions haven't been a million miles apart so far.

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    4,320

    Default Re: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    The difference being Fawaz sacked someone out the blue, whereas Karanka walked out, not for the first time in his short career

    It has gone a bit tits up, but there are enough good reasons to say this is a very different kind of ownership

    Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

  4. #78
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    9,944

    Default Re: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    The difference being Fawaz sacked someone out the blue, whereas Karanka walked out, not for the first time in his short career

    It has gone a bit tits up, but there are enough good reasons to say this is a very different kind of ownership
    Wanna buy some magic beans?


  5. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,960

    Default Re: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Facts are facts. Fawaz took us over in 19th, first season finished 8th. EM took us over in 20th, first season finished 17th. Both undermined a manager in 7th which ultimately left them to depart.

    That at least raises some queries. I'm not stating EM is like Fawaz overall, just that their footballing decisions haven't been a million miles apart so far.
    Em has put a great back room structure in place. Which fawaz started to do then took it all away.

    IMO EM and fawaz are very similar. Both have owned THE team in a 1 team league and I think both believe that it would be straightforward over here


    The sheer fact that EM has had 16 managers in 7 years run Olympiacos and yet they win the league at a canter season after season is by far the most worrying thing in all of this


    And no AK didn’t walk.


  6. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,650

    Default Re: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    Honestly EM isn't that much different from Fawaz at this stage of his ownership.
    We'd of been better with the Yank in charge, i'm telling you.


  7. #81

    Default Re: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    Regardless of who's to blame, there's something fundamentaly wrong with a setup which agrees to spend 25m on a push for the Prem, than sacks/walks whilst sat 7th barely half a season in to that push.

    If we were poker players we'd bet heavy on our initial hand, then fold every time the flop was layed down.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk


  8. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,960

    Default AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    16 gaffers in 7 league winning years

    I’m telling ya

    Fawaz wanted in bed with EM. He didn’t want the yanks nowhere near the club


  9. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    4,320

    Default Re: AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Wanna buy some magic beans?
    I'll try anything once


  10. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    5,826

    Default AK Walking Away - nay or OK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Regardless of who's to blame, there's something fundamentaly wrong with a setup which agrees to spend 25m on a push for the Prem, than sacks/walks whilst sat 7th barely half a season in to that push.

    If we were poker players we'd bet heavy on our initial hand, then fold every time the flop was layed down.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Ł25m of which half was on one player



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

    it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •