11 10.09%
  • Leonardo Jardim

12 11.01%
  • Luis Felipe Scolari

3 2.75%
  • A. N. Other

25 22.94%
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is Getting Sacked January 2020? (Next Manager Thread)

Default Re: Who Is Getting Sacked January 2020? (Next Manager Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Gobblededuke more like.
    Gobshite I reckon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Impressive member

Percy's article is fairly damning when you look at the facts of Karanka's tenure. He was clearly not matching Marinakis's ambition. Neither did Warburton. However both these managers made huge strides in progressing us on from where we wete when they arrived at the club. This indicates that it's working. Let's see where the new guy takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Whoever it is will get the loudest booing I've ever delivered unless we win comfortably in the next home game.
    Whoever replaced S.O'D - McGleish I think........never got booed.....some applauded him........I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    If it's Jokanovic, which seems to be the only realistic possibility on the list so far, then Pantillimon, Steele, Fox, Hefele and Darikwa alongside the others on their way out will be surplus to requirements because they won't fit into a quick, fluid, comfortable on the ball and energetic almost all-out-attack style that he favours.

Arguments could be made that you'd need someone far more consistent than Guedioura to be his box-to-box player.
    I'd be quite happy to see the back of Pantilimon.......and Hefele.........I'd keep Fox & Darikwa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Percy's article is fairly damning when you look at the facts of Karanka's tenure. He was clearly not matching Marinakis's ambition. Neither did Warburton. However both these managers made huge strides in progressing us on from where we wete when they arrived at the club. This indicates that it's working. Let's see where the new guy takes us.
    That is very true. Both managers did have us in a better shape when they left.

Hopefully the next one does too.

I still can't believe that Marinakis expected Forest to be in the playoffs especially under Warburton. Warburton spent like 7m in total and lost his top goalscorer. Warburton said he was told one thing at the start of the season then they moved the goal posts.
    Karanka maintained it was a 2 and a half year project and on paper, it does look like it needed another season, but the board don't think that way.

You can demand success all you want but the reality of football is, almost all of a club's success is dependent on how eleven footballers perform on a football pitch.

I've had a word with myself & now ready to accept Jokanovic can take us another step forward.

Whoever's being brought in won't have long in this transfer window, there's what? 20 days left at the moment.
    It could be a couple of weeks until any new manager is appointed, what options to improve the squad would be available? How much would would he have to spend?
    These are points the board need to be considering today not in a week's time too late then.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    I still can't believe that Marinakis expected Forest to be in the playoffs especially under Warburton. Warburton spent like 7m in total and lost his top goalscorer. Warburton said he was told one thing at the start of the season then they moved the goal posts.
    Karanka maintained it was a 2 and a half year project and on paper, it does look like it needed another season, but the board don't think that way.

You can demand success all you want but the reality of football is, almost all of a club's success is dependent on how eleven footballers perform on a football pitch.
    Not forgetting the external factors about not being able to do anything about how every other side does in the league aside from the 2 games you play against them.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I've had a word with myself & now ready to accept Jokanovic can take us another step forward.
    It took me much longer last year, Mase. There isn't much we as fans can do, other than look for the positives and hope the owner's ambition eventually gets us the results we all crave.

Impressive member

I also reckon Vtrentzos will be working on players already for the new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WSM EXILE View Post
    Whoever's being brought in won't have long in this transfer window, there's what? 20 days left at the moment.
    It could be a couple of weeks until any new manager is appointed, what options to improve the squad would be available? How much would would he have to spend?
    These are points the board need to be considering today not in a week's time too late then.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    My suspicion is this is the reason why the DOF and or sporting director have been brought in is to either make the transfers before the manager is appointed or continue discussions with those already underway. Probably both.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Miserable bastard

He won't get us promoted this season.

Where's me hammer?

Have Clough and O neill ruled themselves out yet?

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Give Nigel time - he needs to leave it long enough to get an outpouring of support from the Burton fans and motivate his players to improve their league position. He has emotional interviews to do about how it is such a hard decision, and then interviews about why he's turning us down. He may milk it for slightly longer to take the focus away from that 9-0 battering.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The raft of candidates ruling themselves out is a particular highlight of the annual Forest manager search

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    The raft of candidates ruling themselves out is a particular highlight of the annual Forest manager search
    Online sports betting sites need to get in on this action and start offering odds on the first one to rule themselves out.

Jumped-Up Pantry Boy

Cotterill mk2, for sure

lol

Jokanovic looks like a hard bastard.

I despise manager betting odds. Load of absolute bull.

I could pluck a name out of thin air, Eduardo Berizzo, put a fiver on him to be our next manager. He will then appear on the shortlist, resulting in space filler articles from H.I.T.C or whatever about how he's on the shortlist, some bloke reads it wrong and puts money on him - he odds tumble then the Post or whatever pick up on it, and suddenly he's 2nd favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me The Thomas! View Post
    Jokanovic looks like a hard bastard.
    He's Serbian. They are all hard.

Quote Originally Posted by WSM EXILE View Post
    or, there's someone who's been waiting in the wings for a few weeks and already has a list of who he wants. I'm with you though as that's probably too good to be true.

Betting has flitted from Oneil to Jokanovic for the most part. Both on or around even money. Which suggests no ones got any inside info on this one.

O'Neil though, can't think of anything other than sentiment that suggests thats a good idea.

The list of managers realistically in with a shout makes quite depressing reading.

I'm not getting all juicy over Jokanovic but he's by far the best of the bunch. Would expect another big playing staff turnover in the next few windows.

Jumped-Up Pantry Boy

Betting has flitted from Oneil to Jokanovic for the most part. Both on or around even money. Which suggests no ones got any inside info on this one.

O'Neil though, can't think of anything other than sentiment that suggests thats a good idea.
    Good manager at club level