05 Feb 2014 Preston North End v Nottingham Forest W 0-2 FA Cup
    03 Nov 2015 Preston North End v Nottingham Forest L 1-0 League Championship
    08 Mar 2016 Nottingham Forest v Preston North End W 1-0 League Championship
    14 Dec 2016 Nottingham Forest v Preston North End D 1-1 League Championship
    01 Apr 2017 Preston North End v Nottingham Forest D 1-1 League Championship
    23 Dec 2017 Preston North End v Nottingham Forest D 1-1 League Championship
    30 Jan 2018 Nottingham Forest v Preston North End L 0-3 League Championship

Current Form

Forest are now unbeaten in the league in 7 matches. We've scored 7 goals in the last 3 matches and still only failed to score in 2 matches all season(league and cup). We are on a run of 3 clean sheets in a row at home.

Preston's loss at Brum last weekend brought a halt to thier impressive 10 match unbeaten run. After a terrible start to the season, they have found some good form. They have only scored 3 goals in their last 4 away trips though.

Factapalooza

Forest have won only 1 of the last 6 meetings between these two sides
    We've not scored more than 1 goal in the last 8 meetings
    Deepdale is one of the few grounds with more scaffolding on show than Pride Park.

Prediction

The table doesn't reflect Preston's current form. They will be a much tougher opponent than Ipswich. A lot will depend on Daws' fitness. Feeling like a 1-1 draw.

Last edited by Trents; 03-12-18 at 14:08.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 21: Nottingham Forest v Preston North End

Agreed about Preston not being an easy team to beat. Gonna be tricky with the defensive disruption too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Bit of a bogey team for us recently. Could be a good time to play them though. They were on a 9 game unbeaten run prior to their collapse at Birmingham at the weekend. They have also only won 1 away all season against Bristol a few weeks ago but have drawn a lot.

Think this one might be a draw, we have been too convincing recently it's making me uneasy.

It at least can't get worse than the last time they played here... the game that probably gave us a reality check and forced mass changes.

Miserable bastard

My first visit to the mecca of football this year. Hoping this continues the recent run of efficient result-getting.

I'm going with the 1-1 draw as well.
    PNE took a pasting second half v Brum and will be out to get some December points in the bag.
    Pantilimon could well be key to the outcome.
    So far this season he has been flattered by having a much stronger back 4 in front of him (ignoring the Villa match which has to be a real "outlier" on the results and performance graph).
    Dawson might be fit bit I think it unlikely.
    So it will be Hefele (not the speediest) and probably Robinson in the middle of the 4, with Osborn filling in at LB.
    If so Preston will probably bang high balls to find out Osborn and bang in a lot of crosses to try and expose our potential weakness in the middle.
    I would be tempted to play Colback and Yacob for this one - I know it seems a bit defensive, but that makeshift back 4 will need a lot more covering support from the cental DMs.
    We could play Gueds in front of them and make a diamond with Lolley, Carvalho and Grabban.
    I'll probably be shot down in flames for that suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    My first visit to the mecca of football this year. Hoping this continues the recent run of efficient result-getting.
    Where are you going to be sitting Congo?
    Me and Mrs will be in our usual LBC Block R seats...

Preston have been a well-run club with an organised and awkward team.
    They have one or two decent players but I think they will be far more apprehensive about meeting us than the other way round.
    Our players are quite rightly full of confidence and we have easily enough to see this lot off. We have players on form all over the pitch.
    Having said that, I hope Daws is back. If not, then I'd like to see a less adventurous Hef and a Pants who jumps his 6 ft 8 ins and acts like a professional.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Where are you going to be sitting Congo?
    Me and Mrs will be in our usual LBC Block R seats...
    Upper Clough, block G. Left it a little late getting tickets and there wasn;t much choice for me and the missus to get seats together. When I was looking there were an incredible number of single seats left.

BTW, Sinister's line-up is one I thought about.
    We need Colback and Jacob to protect our back 4 and funnel back so our full backs can try to prevent PNE wide men getting crosses in. Gued can add bite where it's needed.
    This defensive approach should be more than balanced by our speedy and often brilliant Lolley, Carvalho and Grabbs. Maybe Cash rather than Dias for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    BTW, Sinister's line-up is one I thought about.
    We need Colback and Jacob to protect our back 4 and funnel back so our full backs can try to prevent PNE wide men getting crosses in. Gued can add bite where it's needed.
    This defensive approach should be more than balanced by our speedy and often brilliant Lolley, Carvalho and Grabbs. Maybe Cash rather than Dias for this one.
    I think he will go for Colback & Yacob too. It makes sense, especially if Osborn will be at left back. That way, it allows him to attack more which is what he's better at.

Three difficult games coming up after Christmas, ideally need to be taking maximum points from these next few games, but can see these being difficult to break down, and there is of course our centre-back situation; 1-1 draw I think.

Losing Callum Robinson for 3 months is a massive blow for them and I think they've got a few other injury issues too, all seemingly hamstring related which is interesting. For me this one is 'The Battle of the Midfield Bastards' with Yacob for us and Pearson for them, probably the two most bastardly bastards currently bastarding in the Championship. I think it'll be a close one but I fancy we'll edge it 2-1.

Terrorist Scum

We owe them one, so I predict a narrow Forest win, 1-0 to the famous team, Lewis Grabban again on target.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Losing Callum Robinson for 3 months is a massive blow for them and I think they've got a few other injury issues too, all seemingly hamstring related which is interesting. For me this one is 'The Battle of the Midfield Bastards' with Yacob for us and Pearson for them, probably the two most bastardly bastards currently bastarding in the Championship. I think it'll be a close one but I fancy we'll edge it 2-1.
    I don't think any midfielders in this division are gonna out-bastard Yacob & Colback. As far as bastardly goes we are top of the league.

Terrorist Scum

Always said we needed more bastards.

A bit nervy about this one. Good team Preston, few issues with our defence obviously. Probably a 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I don't think any midfielders in this division are gonna out-bastard Yacob & Colback. As far as bastardly goes we are top of the league.
    We may be but he is a bastard of the highest calibre no doubt about it. he's already on 6 yellows and a red this season. Checked his bookings since he joined Preston: 37 yellows and 1 red in 96 games, 14 last season which made him the most booked player in the league and 14 the season before when he was also the most booked in the league

I am off to this one , Hopefully it will be better than the Stoke game I last attended.
    Worry about the defence , Think Lolly and Carvalho will have a better game for this one and Cash will be like an express train after being rested .
    Could be tempted to put Yacob back in for Gueddy for even more freshness.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

our squad size should start paying dividends around this time of the season, obviously the dawson/ fox injury isn't a great situation but we should have enough attacking strength to out muscle them. not guaranteed by a long shot but a win here will take some of the pressure of the games later in the month.

Lots of respect being shown to Preston here, dont see them as a threat personally.

Last thing Id do is compromise the height of the line or change the balance at the base. Noticeable the increased numbers in attack against Ipswich, Preston wont be any more adventurous but probably more difficult to breakdown.

Make the relevant changes defensively, play Cash ahead of Dias, but I wouldnt be changing the balance in midfield for this one. Preston will be shit scared of us, backing off will play right into their hands.

Another performance & convincing win imminent.

3-0

I agree that with the defensive instability we need Yacob the bastard-coated bastard with bastard filling.
    My pattern-recognition software tells me the next letter in our results sequence is D but I fancy us to win nonetheless.
    We're in scintillating attacking form and there's no reason why that should not continue. 2-1 to the Garibaldi.

Always seems to be freezing when we play them.

Miserable bastard

Must admit, I'm less concerned about the prospect of Benny having to slot in at Left-Back than some. Villa aside, we've controlled games recently by bossing central midfield - allowing Darikwa and Robinson to get themselves forward and worry less about the defensive side of their game. The last time Benny had to play Left-Back, Watson and Colback were doing the whole sit too deep and leave a gaping hole up to Carvalho act that let teams pick and choose where and when they want to attack us. We're a different kettle of anchovies now.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Sorry but a keeper has one job should of been sacked on the field seconds after the incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk