• Bill Draw

6 17.65%
  • Bill Oddie

8 23.53%
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 21: Nottingham Forest v Preston North End

Default Re: Matchday 21: Nottingham Forest v Preston North End

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I know I'm a part-time fan, tourist, plastic, casual or whatever other tag could be placed on me...but when you don't get to games very often, it makes the ones you do all that more exctiting. Just hope it's not an anti-climax like my first game last season when we were awful against Bolton and Dowell, who had been in hot form coming into the game completely vanished.
    I do dislike the name calling of fans like me and the Mrs were when we lived in Dorset and could only do the occasional day-trip.
    We are fortunate to have had the opportunity to move back to the East Midlands and also to be able to make full use of our season tickets now.
    However, we are no more or less fanatical than when we lived 180 odd miles away.
    And you Congo are just as much a fan as me and my Mrs, despite not being able to get to every game.
    Chin up lad and wear your replica shirt, scarf and bobble hat with pride.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Terrorist Scum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I do dislike the name calling of fans like me and the Mrs were when we lived in Dorset and could only do the occasional day-trip.
    We are fortunate to have had the opportunity to move back to the East Midlands and also to be able to make full use of our season tickets now.
    However, we are no more or less fanatical than when we lived 180 odd miles away.
    And you Congo are just as much a fan as me and my Mrs, despite not being able to get to every game.
    And donít forget, if you meet a Derby fan, punch them in the face.

ĄThe revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.ď

Where's me hammer?

I hate day trippers.... not because they dont go to games very often but because the twats turn up at 3:10pm, have a ticket for seat 300 but go up into the first block then proceed to go along the row making about 280 people move for their own stupidity..... whilst stopping to watch the game, meaning others who got there early and in time, miss stuff.

You or congo dont come across as that special and therefore should exclude yourselves from statements on these types certainly from myself.

Distance and cost is different for everyone, me myself wont be having a season ticket next year for the first since 88. Ill be a daytripper myself when i can get... difference is ill know how to behave as not to ruin the enjoyment of others. Unfortunately too many dont understand this concept

Last edited by Barry; 05-12-18 at 14:54.

Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I hate day trippers.... not because they dont go to games very often but because the twats turn up at 3:10pm, have a ticket for seat 300 but go up into the first block then proceed to go along the row making about 280 people move for their own stupidity..... whilst stopping to watch the game, meaning others who got there early and in time, miss stuff.

You or congo dont come across as that special and therefore should exclude yourselves from statements on these types certainly from myself.

Distance and cost is different for everyone, me myself wont be having a season ticket next year for the first since 88. Ill be a daytripper myself when i can get... difference is ill know how to behave as not to ruin the enjoyment of others. Unfortunately too many dont understand this concept
    Doesn't help when they've got a massive foam finger blocking your view either

Gimme a day tripper every day of the week over them that turn up week in week out & fucking moan about the players all game.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Doesn't help when they've got a massive foam finger blocking your view either
    I always move for this one bloke who comes in wearing one on each hand and then one on his head.

Its not the foam hands that do it, its the smell of curry that flows out of every pore of his body.

He stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    Where we are at the moment on and off the pitch, the capacity is absolutely perfect. Matches are pretty much selling out a few days before the match date. Not well in advance and not many empty seats.

Should the unthinkable happen then I'd expect us to be able to fill 35K, maybe more for big matches. The City Ground thread would soon come back alive with talk of PT Stand redevelopement.
    I think we should start bringing that thread back to life now. Seeing how the club appear to be getting their ducks in a row off the pitch in so many areas it wouldn't surprise me if they have already got plans in place.

I would imagine they are ready to pull the trigger on a redevelopment early next year if the possibilty of promotion starts to look like it could happen.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

I always move for this one bloke who comes in wearing one on each hand and then one on his head.

Its not the foam hands that do it, its the smell of curry that flows out of every pore of his body.

He stinks.
    In A block with the mesters for this one?

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    In A block with the mesters for this one?
    Cant get my lorry in the main stand car park can i?

Good point.

The Foam Hand

I think 'daytrippers' are a completely different breed to lifelong fans that can't attend regularly due to distance, health or commitments.

Forest have announced there are only a limited amount of tickets left today.

Bout time Forest stopped ruining weekends. - Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I think 'daytrippers' are a completely different breed to lifelong fans that can't attend regularly due to distance, health or commitments.

I might get one.

Sell outs do make parking on Lady Bay a bit more vexing.
    Still, whats a little extra on the walk when we get the WFCG rocking!
    Gets on my tits
    Last year I could park next to the rugby club for free , you could get there at ten past two and find plenty of space , now itís full at just fine one , I park in Melton and walk itís easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I know I'm a part-time fan, tourist, plastic, casual or whatever other tag could be placed on me...but when you don't get to games very often, it makes the ones you do all that more exctiting. Just hope it's not an anti-climax like my first game last season when we were awful against Bolton and Dowell, who had been in hot form coming into the game completely vanished.
    Yeah like Bryn says Day trippers are a different breed.
    You are just the same as me , Life long fan who gets to the odd game throughout the season.
    Nothing wrong with that and it does make the games exciting , This is my third of the season and I don't feel any less of a fan than anyone else.
    I like to think I have a good knowledge of Forest the team , Players and Academy squad and do smile when folk around me don't even know who our academy players are.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post

Correct.

Daytrippers come to the 10 pound cup games and try to start chants in the upper BC then call everyone miserable bastards for not joining in.

They also spend half the game calling Wes Morgan, Chambers and vice versa. They go for a beer on 35 minutes and return on 55.

Terrorist Scum

They go for a beer on 35 minutes and return on 55.
    Thatís the rubbish catering at the City Ground though.

I hold a season ticket in the Trent end have most seasons since 2000, yet I can only make about 10 - 12 games a season...am I a plastic fan?

The Foam Hand

Correct.

Daytrippers come to the 10 pound cup games and try to start chants in the upper BC then call everyone miserable bastards for not joining in.

They also spend half the game calling Wes Morgan, Chambers and vice versa. They go for a beer on 35 minutes and return on 55.
    Because they never learnt about the etiquette at a football stadium or have little knowledge on what is currently happening and who the players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I believe so. All of the 'sell out' games of recent years have been around 29.5k.
    We played Derby on a Sunday about 4 years ago. Might have been under psycho. There was 30,000 there that day. The only other time I can remember 30k in recent times was the Heineken cup with no segregation.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I might get one.
    Might have a free one next to me if you wanna meet for a bum ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobboRobson View Post
    I hold a season ticket in the Trent end have most seasons since 2000, yet I can only make about 10 - 12 games a season...am I a plastic fan?
    If you spend that much on ten games then it it probably rhymes with plastic.....

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by RobboRobson View Post
    No, not even close

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    We played Derby on a Sunday about 4 years ago. Might have been under psycho. There was 30,000 there that day. The only other time I can remember 30k in recent times was the Heineken cup with no segregation.
    I reckon that Derby 30,000 was bollocks made up by the Fawaz regime.

Certainly a sell-out, but how on earth did we find another 500 seats in a well segregated game.

So great to see the Reds at 5th....It isnít since the mid 90s that Forest have been in this position at this stage of the season.Looking at the league table,weíve now played all in the top 10,bar the bottlin sheep fiddlers,and out of the top 10 only Norwich have taken 3 points off us.As much as I rate Norwich,I donít think they would get the same result at the City Ground now...

Likewise,as tight as this league is,bar Stoke,I canít see anyone outside of the current top 10 coming good..So we see what we are up against,and though itís still early doors Iíd put money on the top 6 finishers coming from this pack...Forest are not 5th by luck,and thatís given weíve had those 10 drawn games..

Preston may well be a tougher proposition than SwipsIch,and we all know that there are no easy games in this league,but if we are true promotion contenders thereís only one result on Saturday!

Forest v Preston No End......Another Forest Victory!

COYR

A decent lorry driver could

Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    Might have a free one next to me if you wanna meet for a bum ?If you spend that much on ten games then it it probably rhymes with plastic.....
    Ahhh, thanks pal, I've already got one but it doesn't come with any extras.