Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 20: Ipswich Fan Comments

Hybrid View

Default Matchday 20: Ipswich Fan Comments

Shorter post than usual because they use a chatroom rather than match thread:

Top 6 is looking unlikely unless we really turn it round soon.

Can't believe we've got such defeatist fans. 78 points still to play for.

If you stand on your head we're actually top and called ɥɔᴉʍsdI. Every cloud.

Forest had enough chances to win 5 games.

Two seasons ago Forest only just survived on the last day. Fast forward a couple of seasons - look at their team now. Look at the quality that doesn't even make their 18. It wasn't that long ago I seem to remember them having a transfer embargo. So where have they got all this quality in such a short space of time? And how on earth do they afford it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43527262

Yet we all still wish he was our owner...

Forest are going to have a right go, Mendes club now, could be another Wolves. Or could be another Sheffield Wednesday. Chansiri came in, spent a fortune, and now Sheffield Wednesday find themselves in a difficult position.Sooooo much ££££ flying around in the league now. Mess of a league. ONLY three can go up.

All danger was designed and directed by the Reds’ right hand side, Darikwa.

Man of match Darikwa.

That was a painful and brutal remainder for us where we are in the football hierarchy. Forest having assembled good, competitive squad against poor, quality starved Ipswich. The game has perfectly underlined that difference.

We looked like boys against quality men during the match. Forest's supremacy was particularly telling in the midfield. Their footballing intelligence, way of passing. You'd love Ipswich to have a team like that and to be playing like that.

Travelled to the game with Forest fan from work. Asked him specifically what was their fans' main issue with their ex-owner Fawaz. The main one was selling best players and not always replaced them with similar quality. They particularly went mad couple of years ago when Fawaz following the sale of Oliver Burke to RB Leipzig never re-invested money. You sell your best players and failure to replace means a big struggle and that Forest fan reminded me but it ain't a rocket science. I've told him that if Fawaz was an Ipswich owner than the number of fooking idiots would be defending him and saying that he puts 6m a year to keep the club afloat and pays the bills.*

Nowadays Forest have a Greek owner and they have assembled a good squad without spending horrendous amount of money. In Lewis Grabban they have a required quality to score goals in this league and that is part of the gulf between them and Ipswich.

The gulf between both teams was embarrassing today. Forest have an owner who have been backing Karanka whereas Ipswich has an owner who...

How we didnt lose by 6 or 7 i dont know.

The defence got rings run round them and looked awful.

First up I think Forest are the best team I have seen this season. Ahead of Boro who much like Forest took their foot off the gas when 2 up. Wba third best from the games against us.

Men against boys.

No shortage of ability against a Town team bereft of of any of those Three attributes.

The difference in quality was stark.

Their 2nd goal as described enthusiastically, showed the gulf. The chasm between us and most of the rest. Such a swift, sweet inch perfect passing game that ended with a simple tap in by Grabb’em.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 20: Ipswich Fan Comments

Back to being the best team in the league. I’ll take it.

Cheers as always Calvin!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    Top 6 is looking unlikely unless we really turn it round soon.
    Give it up fellas, you were the worst side Ive seen down here for 10 years. Sorry.

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Give it up fellas, you were the worst side Ive seen down here for 10 years. Sorry.
    It was like watching one of those fights in the pub where one guy is held back by the other by holding his hand on top of his head...

Thanks for posting Calvin

Well done Calvin.
    BTW - did you ever see Calvin Palmer play?
    Anyway, those comments are truthful and fair.
    We did take our foot off the gas second half; we should have scored 6 ,7 or even 8.
    My son lives in Ipswich - he says that there is nothing but misery around the football club.
    Much like at Forest over the last 15 years.
    At last we are seeing the sun come out from behind those clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Well done Calvin.
    Captain are you getting you Palmers and your Plummers mixed up?

I have a theory that out Calvin Plummer who kindly posts on here may in fact be the real Calvin Plummer who as far as I know still lives in the area and is involved with Gedling Miners Welfare FC.

I could of course be completely wrong.

Last edited by alabamared; 02-12-18 at 15:13.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

That’s another group of fans saying we’re the best team they’ve seen this season.

It’s getting to the point where I’m starting to believe it; hard to accept after all the dross we’ve had to put up with for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    That’s another group of fans saying we’re the best team they’ve seen this season.

It’s getting to the point where I’m starting to believe it; hard to accept after all the dross we’ve had to put up with for years.
    https://youtu.be/LK8sxngSWaU

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Well done Calvin.
    Anyway, those comments are truthful and fair.
    We did take our foot off the gas second half; we should have scored 6 ,7 or even 8.
    My son lives in Ipswich - he says that there is nothing but misery around the football club.
    Much like at Forest over the last 15 years.
    At last we are seeing the sun come out from behind those clouds.

I did indeed see Calvin Plummer play, my name is just a slightly ironic tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    Two seasons ago Forest only just survived on the last day. Fast forward a couple of seasons - look at their team now. Look at the quality that doesn't even make their 18. It wasn't that long ago I seem to remember them having a transfer embargo. So where have they got all this quality in such a short space of time? And how on earth do they afford it?
    Aitor Karanka.

Well done Calvin

Course we’re the fucking best team in the league

Know those feelings. Good luck to them but I honestly think they're in for a long few months, sacking McCarthy was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Know those feelings. Good luck to them but I honestly think they're in for a long few months, sacking McCarthy was a disaster.
    Did they connect with any pass over 10yards? Think the City Ground eventually picked up on this & started taking the piss.

They were truly awful.

sacking McCarthy was a disaster.
    The only people that thought it wouldn't be a disaster was Ipswich fans.

Shit football but had them ridiclously punching above their weight. Bad position for a club to be in but don't complain when you see a huge drop of in performance.

The squad they have is woeful. Most of them are lower league cast offs.

Quinn

sacking McCarthy was a disaster.
    I'm saying nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    I'm saying nothing
    Good

I like Ipswich, cracking side back in the late 70s / early 80s & that was decent turn out from Suffolk yesterday

Unlike most on here I don’t blame them for forcing Mcarthy out, his football makes me puke & I’d rather go down & re group than watch his shit every week

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I like Ipswich, cracking side back in the late 70s / early 80s & that was decent turn out from Suffolk yesterday

Unlike most on here I don’t blame them for forcing Mcarthy out, his football makes me puke & I’d rather go down & re group than watch his shit every week
    I'd rather play boring football and stay in the Championship than get twatted at home by Scunthorpe or get battered at Oldham again, but each to their own I guess.

Feel for them. Must be even harder for them looking where Norwich are.

Shows what a good job Mick McCarthy did there. Had them knocking on the playoff doors a couple of times but gradually went downhill living off scraps. Felt a bit sorry for them to be honest, they look like they'll go down barring a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Shows what a good job Mick McCarthy did there. Had them knocking on the playoff doors a couple of times but gradually went downhill living off scraps. Felt a bit sorry for them to be honest, they look like they'll go down barring a miracle.
    You don’t miss your water ‘til your well runs dry. And you only appreciate people when they’re gone.

Fair comments from the Ipswich fans and fair play to them for traveling in good numbers to watch that.
    I thought we were slow to start and Ipswich had two great chances to score early on with the scuffed shot and free header that may have made it a different game had they gone in. Once we scored I think we took control of the game and could have had a few more

Terrorist Scum

Glad to see Tendayi Darikwa getting the plaudits.

He has improved so much this season, it’s been brilliant to watch (albeit, from afar).

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quinn

Totally agree about Darikwa, he's like a different player now