Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71

Thread: 91 FA Cup Final

      
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default 91 FA Cup Final

    Can anyone tell me if Forest went up for their losers medals before Spurs were presented with the cup?
    If they did they will I think have been the first to do so.
    I can't find anything on YouTube footage.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Personally the saddest day of my Forest supporting life. After mullering everyone in the weeks leading up....... sorry was in tears and don’t even remember


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,764

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimlico View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Forest went up for their losers medals before Spurs were presented with the cup?
    If they did they will I think have been the first to do so.
    I can't find anything on YouTube footage.
    Can’t remember, all I can remember is being furious because of that pissbag Milford & his leniency towards that sex pest Gazza


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    551

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    551

  7. #6

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    I'd gone. Wanted to stay, but the legal guardians said we could stay next time when we won it. I'm beginning to think that was a fob off.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,764

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    I’m not over it yet


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    5,252

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    As Sir Brian said in his book, Wembley stank to the rafters that day and I pissed off to get away from the smell as soon as I could.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    5,785

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJemo View Post
    There's all sorts of sadness in that picture.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    There's all sorts of sadness in that picture.
    Most painfully the No10 on the back of Lee Glover not Nigel Bradley Jemson


  12. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJemo View Post
    Thanks.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,738

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Hated Gazza ever since that day.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,764

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJemo View Post
    Most painfully the No10 on the back of Lee Glover not Nigel Bradley Jemson
    One bang average striker for another bang average striker wouldn’t have made much difference


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    One bang average striker for another bang average striker wouldn’t have made much difference
    One striker who had played relatively few games and never scored. Or another who’d scored the wining goal at our previous Wembley visit and had just had his best season for us.....

    Or are you just winding me up?

    One of the more mental decisions of Cloughies last few years IMO


  16. #15
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,105

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    I’m not over it yet
    Me neither Edward.

    I’ve hated that fat **** Gascoigne ever since.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  17. #16

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJemo View Post
    One striker who had played relatively few games and never scored. Or another who’d scored the wining goal at our previous Wembley visit and had just had his best season for us.....

    Or are you just winding me up?

    One of the more mental decisions of Cloughies last few years IMO
    Jemson had a good start to that season but scored one league after November 3rd. He came back for a random hatrick against Southampton in the cup, but his Forest career was already as good as done by then.

    He was a better forward than Glover. Glover was in the team while Forest were hammering everybody though, so kept the shirt.

    There were some games that season where Forest played Crosby-Hodge-Keane-Parker-Woan in midfield. That'd probably been a better bet. Especially as I think Spurs played five in midfield and Paul Stewart ran the game.

    Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 29-11-18 at 23:59.

  18. #17

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Scored some good goals though, Jemson.

    His goal at Spurs in the League Cup the season before is one my favourite Forest goals.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    On the Brexit Border
    Posts
    1,021

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Stayed on with a large group of Forest fans to applaud Spurs as they did the rounds. Lineker brought the cup over to us.

    That’s the nearest Forest has got to the Cup in my lifetime.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,781

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Trents View Post
    Hated Gazza ever since that day.
    I wasn't even old enough to remember but he's up there with that referee that Anderlecht paid off, Van Hoojidonk and David Platt for entries into the **** olympics when it comes to Forest.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    I wasn't even old enough to remember but he's up there with that referee that Anderlecht paid off, Van Hoojidonk and David Platt for entries into the **** olympics when it comes to Forest.
    Roger Milford was the **** for not having the balls to send Gazza off for his “tackle” on Charles.

    I once stepped in to help Gazza and Waddle who were taking shit from some blokes in a pub in Sheffield. The pair of them were top blokes to have s piss up with.

    Gazza was always the excitable kid in the sweet shop, not an ounce of malice in him, just doesn’t think before he does something stupid.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shakey Wakey/Leeds Border
    Posts
    16,519

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Thanks for bringing this shit up , This is the sole reason I cannot stand the wankstain that is Gazza , The fucker can rot in hell and anybody that says poor Gazza can fuck right off.
    Again we played the game fairly and came away with nothing.
    Should have won and would have had a better chance against 10 men...
    I still haven't got over it as the coach past Clifton and watching the poor kids faces stood at the side of the road ...
    Shit day.

    Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk


  23. #22

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Jemson had a good start to that season but scored one league after November 3rd. He came back for a random hatrick against Southampton in the cup, but his Forest career was already as good as done by then.

    He was a better forward than Glover. Glover was in the team while Forest were hammering everybody though, so kept the shirt.

    There were some games that season where Forest played Crosby-Hodge-Keane-Parker-Woan in midfield. That'd probably been a better bet. Especially as I think Spurs played five in midfield and Paul Stewart ran the game.
    Memory is a fickle thing, but I thought the bubble haired arsehole Stewart was subbed on for Gascoigne. He the preceded to kick lumps out of us with Milfords blessing. Milford was the real villain of the piece. He was there to ensure both teams played to the rules of the game and he failed that responsibility miserably. He was too bothered about looking good on his showpiece event before he retired.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,764

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJemo View Post
    One striker who had played relatively few games and never scored. Or another who’d scored the wining goal at our previous Wembley visit and had just had his best season for us.....
    N
    Or are you just winding me up?

    One of the more mental decisions of Cloughies last few years IMO
    Not trying to wind you up, Jemson was at best bang average at that level as his career stats will confirm

    Glover was also pretty average although he’d been playing in a winning team prior to winning he final


  25. #24

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    Memory is a fickle thing, but I thought the bubble haired arsehole Stewart was subbed on for Gascoigne. He the preceded to kick lumps out of us with Milfords blessing. Milford was the real villain of the piece. He was there to ensure both teams played to the rules of the game and he failed that responsibility miserably. He was too bothered about looking good on his showpiece event before he retired.
    Nayim came on. Stewart was good that day. Which was unfortunate because he was particularly unpopular with that Forest team.

    I remember Roy Keane giving an interview to Radio Nottingham after beating Spurs in the League Cup in Clough's relegation season. Question was asked, when form had been so dodgy, how do Forest still always manage to turn it on against Spurs. His words were something like "It's Spurs - we hate em". Too bad they didn't hate more teams that season.

    Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 30-11-18 at 21:02.

  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on the M1
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: 91 FA Cup Final

    For Clough I,ve always considered that the game was the “beginning of the end” but looking back 27 years later for the club it became the “end of the beginning”. Thank goodness we are at last looking like a team Clough would enjoy watching or perhaps managing?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •