Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Player songs

Default Player songs

Anyone else think we need some better songs for players like Grabban and Carvalho who are smashing it at the moment? Sunderland used to sing this for grabban.....

Ooooooh Lewis Grabbans magic he wears a magic hat and if you throw a brick at him hell head the fucker back he heads it to the left he heads it to the right and when we win the championship we'll sing this song all night

Could be our first 20 goal a season man... Let's get one sorted other than da da da lewis grabban

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Player songs

No.

I think we should become even quieter pitch side than we are now, so the players can hear every moan, groan and "gerrit forrad".

These are overpaid mercenaries, they don't need songs, they should perform regardless.

The only words of encouragement they should hear are 'you're going home in a Nottingham ambulance".

If that doesn't do the trick, nothing will.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stanleyvictorcollymore View Post
    Anyone else think we need some better songs for players like Grabban and Carvalho who are smashing it at the moment? Sunderland used to sing this for grabban.....

Ooooooh Lewis Grabbans magic he wears a magic hat and if you throw a brick at him hell head the fucker back he heads it to the left he heads it to the right and when we win the championship we'll sing this song all night

Could be our first 20 goal a season man... Let's get one sorted other than da da da lewis grabban
    We have one already Louis Grabban, he's fucking dynamite and when we're playing Derby then he'll score all fucking night

It's to the tune of starman by Bowie to add

As suggested at the FG meet up @ Bierkeller last month... to the tune of Sweet Caroline:

Car-val-hi-ooo
    BA BAA BAA
    He's our Portuguese hero
    So good!
    So good!
    So good!
    Car-val-hi-ooo (ad infinitum)

I'm sure we used to have a song or chant for each member of the team as they came out and the player would acknowledge the fans. Particularly away games. Perhaps I imagine that, but the golden age used to have fine moments like that which showed we were all in it together.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I'm sure we used to have a song or chant for each member of the team as they came out and the player would acknowledge the fans. Particularly away games. Perhaps I imagine that, but the golden age used to have fine moments like that which showed we were all in it together.
    I think this is right. It used to take about 10 mins to do all the songs/chants for each player, toward the end of the warm-up. And then during the team announcement, we'd chant the name of the player too.

That's how I recall it.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

We should start something new and give them nicknames like the darts. Danny' The Wand' Fox, Adlene 'Trentfinder' Guediuora, Juan 'match' Fuentes

Where's me hammer?

Did Gary Crosby have a song?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Did Gary Crosby have a song?
    Was Crosby Meeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaatfly?

Purveyor of exotic goods

Guys. I love a good chant. and I keep pitching occasionally on here for more vigour in the singing department to help get us over the line...
    BUT I just donít think the Aitor Karanka song to the theme of heartbeat is very good. Hats off for the enthusiasm but I really think Ďaitorís red & white armyí is a far better bet to get the whole stadium chanting....

lol

Quote Originally Posted by tommytomato View Post
    guys. I love a good chant. And i keep pitching occasionally on here for more vigour in the singing department to help get us over the line...
    But i just donít think the aitor karanka song to the theme of heartbeat is very good. Hats off for the enthusiasm but i really think Ďaitorís red & white armyí is a far better bet to get the whole stadium chanting....
    aitor karanka take forest up for me clap clap clap clap aitor aitor karanka take forest up for me.

I don't think you ever have too hear Christina Aguilera from the middle aged men in the Lower Bridgford...

He made Benny that much stronger
    Makes Lewis work a little bit harder
    Makes Adlene that much wiser
    So thanks for giving me an Aitor
    Made Daryl run a little bit faster
    Made Jack pass a little bit slicker
    Made Danny Fox a starter
    So thanks for giving me an Aitor

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 10-11-18 at 08:52.

...made our cup campaign fractionally less shite-er

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 10-11-18 at 09:07.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    It was like that in the early 80's (as far back as I can recall) and then the Trent End would chant 'the mascot, the mascot' and the kid would wave. Cloughy was always the last chant and the loudest as he appeared from the tunnel. Or 'Brian Clough and Peter Taylor' earlier on.
    That ritual seemed to go on for a good few years.

Bout time Forest stopped ruining weekends. - Barry

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    It was like that in the early 80's (as far back as I can recall) and then the Trent End would chant 'the mascot, the mascot' and the kid would wave. Cloughy was always the last chant and the loudest as he appeared from the tunnel. Or 'Brian Clough and Peter Taylor' earlier on.
    I was that mascot, i did that wave

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Yip, thats how I remember it Bryn. Pity they turned the Trent End into a library.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Yip, thats how I remember it Bryn. Pity they turned the Trent End into a library.
    Maybe it would have been better if that stand could have made all one instead of two tiers... then the singers could have stayed in there en masse rather than creating the silent disco in A block and the F1 crowd in LB.

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Maybe it would have been better if that stand could have made all one instead of two tiers... then the singers could have stayed in there en masse rather than creating the silent disco in A block and the F1 crowd in LB.
    You're. right Barry. If standing does ever comes back the lower Trent End has got to be the location.
    Although I doubt I'll be in the middle section at 2 o'clock.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    You're. right Barry. If standing does ever comes back the lower Trent End has got to be the location.
    Although I doubt I'll be in the middle section at 2 o'clock.
    I think you'd need the forza chaps and chapettes, decent cheap ale in the ground and a couple of hundred open minds to create that....i honestly think its doable as in the words of Kevin Cosner, "if you build it they will come"

Probably best if the peacocks all stay down the other end with the F1 crowd though.

It's sweet to hear old men talk about discos.

The Foam Hand

F1 crowd?

To be fair the Trent End was on its way out towards the end, people had started to move over to A Block and Lower Clough T Block.
    It still made some noise but nothing like the early 1980's.

Brilliant memories though, the noise was incredible and I've got to admit I miss it.

Is there a cantilevered stand anywhere in the world that makes a racket?

If I were the owner consider a new main stand, I'd put 'design for reverberation at the top of my priority list.

Where's me hammer?

F1 crowd?
    Yeah F1.... "go Lewis"

Lewis Hamilton, that famous Ferrari driver?