Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Player songs

      
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default Player songs

    Anyone else think we need some better songs for players like Grabban and Carvalho who are smashing it at the moment? Sunderland used to sing this for grabban.....

    Ooooooh Lewis Grabbans magic he wears a magic hat and if you throw a brick at him hell head the fucker back he heads it to the left he heads it to the right and when we win the championship we'll sing this song all night

    Could be our first 20 goal a season man... Let's get one sorted other than da da da lewis grabban


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    12,043

    Default Re: Player songs

    No.

    I think we should become even quieter pitch side than we are now, so the players can hear every moan, groan and "gerrit forrad".

    These are overpaid mercenaries, they don't need songs, they should perform regardless.

    The only words of encouragement they should hear are 'you're going home in a Nottingham ambulance".

    If that doesn't do the trick, nothing will.

    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by stanleyvictorcollymore View Post
    Anyone else think we need some better songs for players like Grabban and Carvalho who are smashing it at the moment? Sunderland used to sing this for grabban.....

    Ooooooh Lewis Grabbans magic he wears a magic hat and if you throw a brick at him hell head the fucker back he heads it to the left he heads it to the right and when we win the championship we'll sing this song all night

    Could be our first 20 goal a season man... Let's get one sorted other than da da da lewis grabban
    We have one already Louis Grabban, he's fucking dynamite and when we're playing Derby then he'll score all fucking night


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,385

    Default Re: Player songs

    It's to the tune of starman by Bowie to add


  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Player songs

    As suggested at the FG meet up @ Bierkeller last month... to the tune of Sweet Caroline:

    Car-val-hi-ooo
    BA BAA BAA
    He's our Portuguese hero
    So good!
    So good!
    So good!
    Car-val-hi-ooo (ad infinitum)


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,609

    Default Re: Player songs

    I'm sure we used to have a song or chant for each member of the team as they came out and the player would acknowledge the fans. Particularly away games. Perhaps I imagine that, but the golden age used to have fine moments like that which showed we were all in it together.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    10,985

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I'm sure we used to have a song or chant for each member of the team as they came out and the player would acknowledge the fans. Particularly away games. Perhaps I imagine that, but the golden age used to have fine moments like that which showed we were all in it together.
    I think this is right. It used to take about 10 mins to do all the songs/chants for each player, toward the end of the warm-up. And then during the team announcement, we'd chant the name of the player too.

    That's how I recall it.

    We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    5,443

    Default Re: Player songs

    We should start something new and give them nicknames like the darts. Danny' The Wand' Fox, Adlene 'Trentfinder' Guediuora, Juan 'match' Fuentes


  10. #9
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42,663

    Default Re: Player songs

    Did Gary Crosby have a song?


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    10,985

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Did Gary Crosby have a song?
    Was Crosby Meeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaatfly?


  12. #11
    Purveyor of exotic goods
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: Player songs

    Guys. I love a good chant. and I keep pitching occasionally on here for more vigour in the singing department to help get us over the line...
    BUT I just donít think the Aitor Karanka song to the theme of heartbeat is very good. Hats off for the enthusiasm but I really think Ďaitorís red & white armyí is a far better bet to get the whole stadium chanting....


  13. #12
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CSU EAST BAY
    Posts
    14,229

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by tommytomato View Post
    guys. I love a good chant. And i keep pitching occasionally on here for more vigour in the singing department to help get us over the line...
    But i just donít think the aitor karanka song to the theme of heartbeat is very good. Hats off for the enthusiasm but i really think Ďaitorís red & white armyí is a far better bet to get the whole stadium chanting....
    aitor karanka take forest up for me clap clap clap clap aitor aitor karanka take forest up for me.


  14. #13

    Default Re: Player songs

    I don't think you ever have too hear Christina Aguilera from the middle aged men in the Lower Bridgford...

    He made Benny that much stronger
    Makes Lewis work a little bit harder
    Makes Adlene that much wiser
    So thanks for giving me an Aitor
    Made Daryl run a little bit faster
    Made Jack pass a little bit slicker
    Made Danny Fox a starter
    So thanks for giving me an Aitor

    Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 10-11-18 at 08:52.

  15. #14

    Default Re: Player songs

    ...made our cup campaign fractionally less shite-er

    Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 10-11-18 at 09:07.

  16. #15
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    18,853

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I'm sure we used to have a song or chant for each member of the team as they came out and the player would acknowledge the fans. Particularly away games. Perhaps I imagine that, but the golden age used to have fine moments like that which showed we were all in it together.
    It was like that in the early 80's (as far back as I can recall) and then the Trent End would chant 'the mascot, the mascot' and the kid would wave. Cloughy was always the last chant and the loudest as he appeared from the tunnel. Or 'Brian Clough and Peter Taylor' earlier on.
    That ritual seemed to go on for a good few years.

    Bout time Forest stopped ruining weekends. - Barry

  17. #16
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42,663

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    It was like that in the early 80's (as far back as I can recall) and then the Trent End would chant 'the mascot, the mascot' and the kid would wave. Cloughy was always the last chant and the loudest as he appeared from the tunnel. Or 'Brian Clough and Peter Taylor' earlier on.
    That ritual seemed to go on for a good few years.
    I was that mascot, i did that wave


  18. #17
    tel - 0898 12 11 74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Stand above the away fans
    Posts
    794

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    It was like that in the early 80's (as far back as I can recall) and then the Trent End would chant 'the mascot, the mascot' and the kid would wave. Cloughy was always the last chant and the loudest as he appeared from the tunnel. Or 'Brian Clough and Peter Taylor' earlier on.
    That ritual seemed to go on for a good few years.
    Yip, thats how I remember it Bryn. Pity they turned the Trent End into a library.


  19. #18
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42,663

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    Yip, thats how I remember it Bryn. Pity they turned the Trent End into a library.
    Maybe it would have been better if that stand could have made all one instead of two tiers... then the singers could have stayed in there en masse rather than creating the silent disco in A block and the F1 crowd in LB.


  20. #19
    tel - 0898 12 11 74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Stand above the away fans
    Posts
    794

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Maybe it would have been better if that stand could have made all one instead of two tiers... then the singers could have stayed in there en masse rather than creating the silent disco in A block and the F1 crowd in LB.
    You're. right Barry. If standing does ever comes back the lower Trent End has got to be the location.
    Although I doubt I'll be in the middle section at 2 o'clock.


  21. #20
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42,663

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
    You're. right Barry. If standing does ever comes back the lower Trent End has got to be the location.
    Although I doubt I'll be in the middle section at 2 o'clock.
    I think you'd need the forza chaps and chapettes, decent cheap ale in the ground and a couple of hundred open minds to create that....i honestly think its doable as in the words of Kevin Cosner, "if you build it they will come"

    Probably best if the peacocks all stay down the other end with the F1 crowd though.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    26,187

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Maybe it would have been better if that stand could have made all one instead of two tiers... then the singers could have stayed in there en masse rather than creating the silent disco in A block and the F1 crowd in LB.
    It's sweet to hear old men talk about discos.


  23. #22
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    18,853

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Maybe it would have been better if that stand could have made all one instead of two tiers... then the singers could have stayed in there en masse rather than creating the silent disco in A block and the F1 crowd in LB.
    F1 crowd?

    To be fair the Trent End was on its way out towards the end, people had started to move over to A Block and Lower Clough T Block.
    It still made some noise but nothing like the early 1980's.

    Brilliant memories though, the noise was incredible and I've got to admit I miss it.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In isolation.
    Posts
    10,985

    Default Re: Player songs

    Is there a cantilevered stand anywhere in the world that makes a racket?

    If I were the owner consider a new main stand, I'd put 'design for reverberation at the top of my priority list.


  25. #24
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    42,663

    Default Re: Player songs

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    F1 crowd?
    Yeah F1.... "go Lewis"


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22,190

    Default Re: Player songs

    Lewis Hamilton, that famous Ferrari driver?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •