Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Default Re: January 2019 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Mings on loan would be ideal, he can also fill in at central defence.
    I was banging the Mings drum in the pre-season before we got all the signings we did. I'd change tact now and go for Targett if available purely because he's less likely to get injured, even if Mings is the better player.

We need minimal disruption to maintain consistency, and Mings isn't head and shoulders above everyone else at the club to be worth the risk (whereas he was before the likes of Grabban, Carvalho etc joined).

.k I m
    I m u mm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Depth wise a left back would be ideal. Robinson has been playing well but I wouldn't say no to a loan till the end of the season.

I know it is difficult in January but if there is someone available who would improve the first 11 for the right price, bring them in. I wouldn't say no to a right winger/forward (I wonder if Antonio fancies another crack?) and a top class 'keeper.

A left back should be first on the shopping list. Most probably won't agree but I still think we need a stronger goalkeeper.

Pants is ok but I think we need more than ok if seriously pushing it this season. We need a double hard bastard that isn't afraid to plough through Daws/Fig/Fox/Hef to get the ball, then give them an earful afterward for not getting out of the way. I still shut my eyes when a cross comes in between the edge of the 6 yard box and the penalty spot, because I know he's not going to come off his line for it. Our clean sheets this season have been more down to defenders and the keeper.

I can't fault him for effort or encouragement, but he doesn't have enough confidence or presence.

LB and Ollie Burke if WBA cut their losses to a few million.

Whilst I'm not crazy on some of Karanka's signings, we don't need anymore bodies than that in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Depth wise a left back would be ideal. Robinson has been playing well but I wouldn't say no to a loan till the end of the season.

I know it is difficult in January but if there is someone available who would improve the first 11 for the right price, bring them in. I wouldn't say no to a right winger/forward (I wonder if Antonio fancies another crack?) and a top class 'keeper.
    I don't think a depth LB should be on the list tbh, if we can find someone better than Robinson, then fine, but Osborn is fine as cover there, I don't think we really need any more "Depth" signings, the only players we should be looking to sign this January are players who are significantly better than what we have, or if we get a major injury somewhere.

Pep blows hot and cold - we also are generally completely out of sorts when he either doesn't play or isn't on form.

Do we need another 'robust' central midfielder?

Lansbury is out of favour at Villa and at 28 still has a few good years left in the tank.

He was largely impressive, knew where the goal was but then fcuked off when he realised we were going backwards and most of the people around him were sh1t. Fair play to him - if my employer was going backwards I would probably look to move.

Cheeky bid to bring him back in Jan? Him and Pep unleashing Carvalho and Dias would be mouth watering.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    Pep blows hot and cold - we also are generally completely out of sorts when he either doesn't play or isn't on form.

Do we need another 'robust' central midfielder?

Lansbury is out of favour at Villa and at 28 still has a few good years left in the tank.

He was largely impressive, knew where the goal was but then fcuked off when he realised we were going backwards and most of the people around him were sh1t. Fair play to him - if my employer was going backwards I would probably look to move.

Cheeky bid to bring him back in Jan? Him and Pep unleashing Carvalho and Dias would be mouth watering.
    I’d rather bring back Danny Sonner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

I’m definitely jumping aboard the Burke bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I’m definitely jumping aboard the Burke bandwagon
    It's getting a bit awkward how obvious it is we're crying out for a natural right sided winger who can carry us up the pitch.

Desperately need a winger, Cash and Dias are good subs Goncalves is still an unknown as is Soudani, ideally they will have plenty on pace and power.

Burke would be brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aitor Aitor A Puddycat View Post
    I’d rather bring back Danny Sonner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    It's getting a bit awkward how obvious it is we're crying out for a natural right sided winger who can carry us up the pitch.
    Cash keeps fucking falling.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    He does nothing going the other way that's why he's not getting games,to be frank when I've watched him he looks half arsed to tackle and lazy to get back,he was soon out of the Scotland squad bombed out at Leipzig,and has barely started a game in the Premiership or Championship for West Brom,there's a reason he's not playing and three or four managers know it,and have acted upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    I don't think a depth LB should be on the list tbh, if we can find someone better than Robinson, then fine, but Osborn is fine as cover there, I don't think we really need any more "Depth" signings, the only players we should be looking to sign this January are players who are significantly better than what we have, or if we get a major injury somewhere.
    Disagree, I think as soon as Osborn is put there, you might aswell stick a target on his head as teams just pile down that side. Not Osborn's fault, but he really isn't good depth at the position. Even someone like Fuentes who we had last year would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Disagree, I think as soon as Osborn is put there, you might aswell stick a target on his head as teams just pile down that side. Not Osborn's fault, but he really isn't good depth at the position. Even someone like Fuentes who we had last year would be an improvement.
    Plus the long balls, the left sided central defender spends all game worrying about winning headers for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    He does nothing going the other way that's why he's not getting games,to be frank when I've watched him he looks half arsed to tackle and lazy to get back,he was soon out of the Scotland squad bombed out at Leipzig,and has barely started a game in the Premiership or Championship for West Brom,there's a reason he's not playing and three or four managers know it,and have acted upon it.
    Tbf Redbull were chasing the champions league, WBA were fighting relegation in the prem, and this season they've spent money on proven players.

We don't need our wingers to be ridiculously defensive either, especially when we play with 6 at the back having 2 more only makes it harder to attack and its no wonder the gap between the midfielders is huge.

If we did get Burke at least we would have one player over the half way line for the outlet ball,last Saturday there was times when Grabban and Carvalho came back to try and get the ball which left no outlet in front of them both

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Tbf Redbull were chasing the champions league, WBA were fighting relegation in the prem, and this season they've spent money on proven players.

We don't need our wingers to be ridiculously defensive either, especially when we play with 6 at the back having 2 more only makes it harder to attack and its no wonder the gap between the midfielders is huge.
    I think the mechanics of a good side involve the team attacking & defending together.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Desperately need a winger, Cash and Dias are good subs Goncalves is still an unknown as is Soudani, ideally they will have plenty on pace and power.

Burke would be brilliant.
    Wasn't excited about any of those signings when they were made, still yet to see any real return from them tbh.

Goes back to what I said about Grabban when we signed him - quality signing as he's proven at this level, knows the league, knows how to beat Champ defenders.

That's what we need here now. The likes of Soudani are OK backup in the right circumstances much like Tyson was, but we're kidding ourselves if we think they'll make the team the finished article.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    The likes of Soudani are OK backup in the right circumstances much like Tyson was, but we're kidding ourselves if we think they'll make the team the finished article.
    Because of injury I don't believe that we can yet make a fully-informed judgement on Soudani. In his all-too-brief appearances so far, he's shown an instinctive desire to get into the box and get on the end of things, as evidenced by the two goals he has scored.

The Clapham Crusader

I'd have Burke back

One of those players with impetus who can run at a side

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Because of injury I don't believe that we can yet make a fully-informed judgement on Soudani. In his all-too-brief appearances so far, he's shown an instinctive desire to get into the box and get on the end of things, as evidenced by the two goals he has scored.
    He has our best goals per min ratio.

Neither him or Gonçalves have had a proper go to form any kind of judgement.

The Clapham Crusader

Far too early to make a call on Soudani

Just like Grabban he'd need a good run in the side before he starts firing, although he has netted a couple already

Problem is we're only playing one up top so he'll probably only get such a chance if Grabban gets injured

I still reckon Karanka had/has desires of having him cut in from the right wing and I'd still very much like to see him and Grabban in that set up, think it'd work really well. Hopefully he gets his knee sorted and adds a different dynamic to the side going into the xmas games.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    I still reckon Karanka had/has desires of having him cut in from the right wing
    Which might be why he's not getting a sniff in the side, because Darikwa isn't much of an overlapper and neither is Janko really. Byram however would have been the player to allow Soudani the ability to cut inside.

MW had this issue last year. I'm convinced Cummings was bought with the idea of playing him wide right cutting in with Darikwa overlapping, but it was obvious very quickly that Cummings wasn't good enough and Darikwa wasn't going to bomb up the flank, which is how we ended up reverting to a rigid Lichaj and Brereton in front of him acting as a outside target man almost.