Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Away Ticketing - the lads & lasses at Forza Garibaldi have done something about it!

Terrorist Scum

Default Away Ticketing - the lads & lasses at Forza Garibaldi have done something about it!

Have a read:

https://www.forzagaribaldi.com/away-ticketing-policy/

This is excellent, and answers many gripes posted on here.

ĄThe revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.ď

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Away Ticketing - the lads & lasses at Forza Garibaldi have done something about i

Read that earlier. Good on them and good on forest for turning up, listening and doing something about it. Our club really is moving in the right direction.

Default Re: Away Ticketing - the lads & lasses at Forza Garibaldi have done something about i

I would hope that thet are just as receptive to the individual in the event of issues being raised.

Last edited by Wes' Organ; 10-10-18 at 17:50.

As someone who can’t always get to home matches, in particular midweek, and therefore do not hold a season ticket I do enjoy travelling to away matches across the north and midlands quite regularly. However I can’t be an away member and therefore missed out on tickets in the away end for a number of games and ended up buying tickets with the home fans. Far from ideal! Why don’t they open up away membership to all and then use a points based system of attendance at games to determine priority for key matches that tend to sell out?

The head of marketing is a huge Forest fan and I believe he extensively travels to away games. I have faith that he will sort things out. I’m not keen on the cash is king away membership but that’s the way of the world these days.

Quote Originally Posted by redforest View Post
    As someone who canít always get to home matches, in particular midweek, and therefore do not hold a season ticket I do enjoy travelling to away matches across the north and midlands quite regularly. However I canít be an away member and therefore missed out on tickets in the away end for a number of games and ended up buying tickets with the home fans. Far from ideal! Why donít they open up away membership to all and then use a points based system of attendance at games to determine priority for key matches that tend to sell out?
    Sorry but I have to disagree. Iím also not based in Nottingham and find midweek games difficult to attend. However, I have had a season ticket because itís the cheapest way to watch us even when unable to attend a few games. For the first time this season we have purchased away memberships as we enjoy going to new grounds and taking in the midland away days. Priority for away games should be given to away members and away membership should only be available to season ticket holders. Otherwise people will only buy away memberships and attend home games on a casual basis.

I donít think people can have too many complaints with the current priority structure. The fact loyalty points will be used to differentiate priority for fixtures with a greater demand leads to a pretty fair structure. If anything is unfair it is those who get away tickets buy using someone elseís membership or the complimentary tickets that get given out. Dexter Blackstock in the away end at Derby - whereís his season ticket, loyalty points and membership? Iíd rather a real red in the stands!

The away membership is solely about guaranteeing tickets for Derby and any 'big' cup games that might come around.

If they were to introduce a loyalty system then it'd be redundant.

Hello

Dexter is in the main stand for a lot of home games to be fair...

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

tel - 0898 12 11 74

Looks like the people upstairs are trying to do something. They just need to ensure the staff in the customer service area fully understand what's expected. I must admit I have doubts about the grouping people together who book separately working but let's give it a go

Let's face it the ticket department has been poor for years so any positive changes will be welcomed.

Good luck to them. The away membership is puely a 'loyalty tax'.

It's funny that in the nineties, a scraggy piece of card with stamps on was used to set your place in the queue for away tickets. Now when the number of tickets every fan has bought through the club is on record meaning setting priority couldn't be simpler, the club ignore their records and charge for away memberships.

I'm resigned to the fact that i am at the back of the que when it comes to buying away game tickets.
    Being an expat, when i visit I try and get to as many of the games as I can when visiting.
    Home games are not too difficult (I am a member) away games I have to chance there is a ticket available when everyone has left the trough.

An example of uncertainty for me is my visit this Christmas. I intend going to the away game at Norwich around boxing day.
    I've per booked a hotel down there but won't know whether I can get a ticket till closer to the time.
    Coz I stay at the Novotel in Long Eaton during the trip it becomes messy if I have to cancel Norwich and book extra
    night in Long Eaton.
    The last time I did this was Christmas 2016 when I did manage to get away tickets for Huddersfield & Newcastle games,
    so I'm hoping demand won't be too bad.

The Foam Hand

Have we actually sold out one away game this season?

I can't remember the last time I saw over 4,000 go somewhere and the availability is there at some places.

The online purchasing is the usual modern day bollocks, do you need a smartphone as well?
    But beyond that I don't see how it's difficult to get tickets, there's nearly always gaps and empty seats.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    The away membership is solely about guaranteeing tickets for Derby and any 'big' cup games that might come around.

If they were to introduce a loyalty system then it'd be redundant.
    That was a waste of money then.

Derby tickets went to general sale for a few years running, because we were so shit nobody was bothered. I know because I bought them despite not having a season ticket or away membership.
    And we've done nothing in the Cup for years...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Have we actually sold out one away game this season?

I can't remember the last time I saw over 4,000 go somewhere and the availability is there at some places.

The online purchasing is the usual modern day bollocks, do you need a smartphone as well?
    But beyond that I don't see how it's difficult to get tickets, there's nearly always gaps and empty seats.
    I believe the initial away game at Bristol City used all our allocation, I tried in vain to get a ticket living in Weston-super-mare, waiting until general sale and calling only to be told there were none available, this after I had been phoning the City tickets office chasing them up on behalf of the club as they were slow in printing the away tickets for Forest, Forest ticket office suggested I try and get a ticket with the home fans if I was desperate, no thanks, not for me or my 10 year old lad.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

We sold out Bristol City and Brentford. Both went on sale to season tickets, not sure about general sale.

Looks like Burton might sell out to away members only.

If you've shelled out £400-500 for a season ticket, I dont see the problem in giving season ticket holders the priority when it comes to away memberships. As someone has said above, its not like every game is sold out, far from. I saw an argument earlier saying people who have attended all the cup games should get priority for the Burton game. Again how do you determine loyalty, someone who has been to 2-3 £10 cup games vs someone who has been to away games in the league or has a season ticket. Im not sure there is a solution that will make everybody happy.

As a season ticket holder living just outside London I tend to get to most away games down here. Brentford, QPR, Millwall and Reading and Ipswich. As for the others I will probably make West Brom, Villa, Birmingham and Derby if they keep to a weekend game, but as I’m getting on a bit now the rest are a bit of a ball ache, i’ve never bothered with Away membership and if I’m unlucky then the dog gets an extra long walk between 3 and 5.

I wonder how many memberships were sold for 18/19 - 2000, 3000 or more? That’s only £105k at best. However, I think that membership could be included as part of a season ticket package which could also include entry to 1st round of home tie cup game. They could charge say £10.00 more on the ST and then still sell an Away membership to those who don’t want a ST, that would be over £200k this season. Include the loss of sales in the cup game say £80k, the club would still make more overall but the fans would be happier as most would feel as though they had a better deal.

Bar the Reading game last season, which was quieter than a morgue the atmosphere at most away games is quite often better than at some home games, I am sure bundling the away membership would sell more tickets, which in turn would make the support even better.

I have an away membership and have had for about 6 years.

I probably only go to between 5-7 away games a season but yes I want to guarantee a Derby ticket and possibly this season an away play off ticket.

If I could afford it and also not end up divorced I would go to every away game but it is just not possible.

Everyone knows the score that if you pretty much want to guarantee a ticket for the 'big' games then you buy an away membership. I really don't see the issue with it. I sympathise with people who live a distance away and don't have a season ticket. I have been in the same boat when I lived in Plymouth for 10 years. The answer was then as it is now: tough. I knew the score did not moan but I make the most of it now.

Terrorist Scum

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Any chance the Forza lads can get the fact that the upper tier of BC is a death trap sorted please... ta.
    Drop them a message, or join Forza yourself and raise the topic?

They seem to have an ĄInď with the club, so itís a worthwhile idea.

2000 away members at £30 a pop for £60k revenue. If there was any desire to make away games based on number of away games attended (rather than away membership loyalty tax) the club could offset the loss by adding £2.50 to season ticket prices, which I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid over.

Failing that, if the club want to keep the £30 for away membership, they could at least give something in return for those fans who buy them. Perhaps 2x free entry into first League and FA cup ties (these games won't sell out, so not missing out on revenue)?

.k I m
    I m u mm

To solve this whole problem we need to either:

1) Get promoted, so that we play at grounds with decent away allocations.
    or
    2) Sack Karanka and appoint a Megson/Kinnear/Atkinson type so that we get relegated and hardly anyone will want to be bothered to go to home games, never mind away ones.

In terms of mitigating against the £30 cost of away membership, I think the club should follow in the footsteps of NFST and Forza Garibaldi and issue free lapel badges. They could have the Forest logo on, encircled by the words "I'm an Away Member and am therefore significantly better than you."

There will never be a solution that satisfies everyone.

The issue of loyalty is an interesting one though, as it can be viewed in a number of ways. I don't have any complaints about season ticket holders getting the first call on away tickets even though it works against me, as those who hand over a large chuck of their hard-earned money to support the club over the course of the season certainly constitutes loyalty.

However, loyalty can be viewed in other ways. I live down south, am married with two young kids and just can't spare the time or money to get to lots of games. I mainly go to away games, often in the south but also all over the country as I love ticking off new grounds - I think I'm on about 44 out of the current 92. Although I don't make lots of games, I've been doing the same for 10-15 years and attended consistently even when we were shit and in league 1. In fact one of my most prolific seasons was one of our league 1 seasons when (amongst others) I went to Bournemouth, Carlisle, Swansea and Gillingham - the most southerly, northerly, westerly and easterly games that season and almost the most out of any grounds. This is a different type of loyalty to those who attend 20+ homes games every season, but still loyalty at a time when many people really didn't bother travelling and supporting the club.

I don't expect the club to come up with a solution that would help someone like me, but it's dispiriting being so far down the pecking order and having no way to improve the situation without committing to a ST that I would simply not use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    That was a waste of money then.

Derby tickets went to general sale for a few years running, because we were so shit nobody was bothered. I know because I bought them despite not having a season ticket or away membership.
    And we've done nothing in the Cup for years...
    I bought Swansea away play off ticket on general sale too.

21k seasom ticket holders might make it a bit more difficult this year. Hoping there will be less demand for our second Wembley visit of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by andover red View Post
    There will never be a solution that satisfies everyone.

The issue of loyalty is an interesting one though, as it can be viewed in a number of ways. I don't have any complaints about season ticket holders getting the first call on away tickets even though it works against me, as those who hand over a large chuck of their hard-earned money to support the club over the course of the season certainly constitutes loyalty.

However, loyalty can be viewed in other ways. I live down south, am married with two young kids and just can't spare the time or money to get to lots of games. I mainly go to away games, often in the south but also all over the country as I love ticking off new grounds - I think I'm on about 44 out of the current 92. Although I don't make lots of games, I've been doing the same for 10-15 years and attended consistently even when we were shit and in league 1. In fact one of my most prolific seasons was one of our league 1 seasons when (amongst others) I went to Bournemouth, Carlisle, Swansea and Gillingham - the most southerly, northerly, westerly and easterly games that season and almost the most out of any grounds. This is a different type of loyalty to those who attend 20+ homes games every season, but still loyalty at a time when many people really didn't bother travelling and supporting the club.

I don't expect the club to come up with a solution that would help someone like me, but it's dispiriting being so far down the pecking order and having no way to improve the situation without committing to a ST that I would simply not use.
    There's not many games that you wouldn't be able to go to though - you can still tick off a load of grounds.

As a season ticket holder, I think it's completely fair that those who have traveled to more away games than me get priority over me on tickets, even if it meant missing certain games.

The Foam Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    I bought Swansea away play off ticket on general sale too.

21k seasom ticket holders might make it a bit more difficult this year. Hoping there will be less demand for our second Wembley visit of the season.
    So far it hasn't, we've only sold out two away games up to yet and one of those would have been helped by the groundswell of London Reds.

I'm guessing part of the commotion is to do with the anticipation of doing well. If the season keeps progressing as it is away tickets will become more difficult to get.

It's good that Forza and the club are trying to come up with some better solutions in case that situation does arise.

Although, as andover red said, there will never be a perfect solution.