Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upcoming Fixtures and expected PPG

Default Re: Upcoming Fixtures and expected PPG

As long as we set up to win and have a bloody good go, then you can't really ask for more.

There were a couple of games earlier in the season where I thought we definitely set up for the draw, we were time-wasting from the first minute, when we should have had the self belief to take the game to the opposition and look for three points.

I'd rather we lost trying to win the game rather than gaining a draw by being negative.

If we believe in ourselves we can have an exceptional season this year.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    As long as we set up to win and have a bloody good go, then you can't really ask for more.

There were a couple of games earlier in the season where I thought we definitely set up for the draw, we were time-wasting from the first minute, when we should have had the self belief to take the game to the opposition and look for three points.

I'd rather we lost trying to win the game rather than gaining a draw by being negative.

If we believe in ourselves we can have an exceptional season this year.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    I get the feeling that the players are really starting to believe in themselves. The impressive performance and win at Boro was the best yet. The Red Juggernaut is beginning to pick up speed.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

match by match. don't make estimations my friends. fight all for the win and get the best possible. there will be good nights and bad ones.

the thing is that it looks that the team believes more and more on the plan and the goals. which is important. they build character and now that they see themselves at top 5 they have to show if they can handle this. if they will manage to keep the team there for a few more games then they will grow real confidence and things will rapidly change.

at least there is a clear sign until now that something good is there and the new owner and management can keep on this path to accomplish their goal and project.

there are people that knows football. this shows already. after a major rehaul you look on the right track.

20 Oct NFFC v Norwich Win
    24 Oct Bolton v NFFC Win
    27 Oct Leeds v NFFC Lose
    3 Nov NFFC v Sheff Utd Draw
    10 Nov NFFC v Stoke Lose

We'll beat Leeds.

Sheff Utd will be the most difficult game with their movement as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post

I wouldnt.

This goes against everything we've been working on to get us to where we are now. Things will get easier for us, but I dont think this is the league to just turn up & try & roll teams over, nor is it the Karanka way.

I suspect not getting beat will always be first on the matchday agenda. Dont see that changing unless we go fucking crazy in January.

All 5 games are coin flips for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NFFC vs Norwich - win 3pts
    Bolton vs NFFC - draw 1pt
    Leeds vs NFFC - win 3pts
    NFFC vs Sheffield United - draw 1pt
    NFFC vs Stoke - win 3pts

It's another 11 for me, I reckon we will go unbeaten. That said, Karteo is right. One game at a time etc. Hopefully the international break will allow us to get Yacob, Tachtsidis et al. up to speed. Also desperate to get the Iranian signed. Another forward with a totally different set of skills by all accounts.

Jack Robinson suspended for the Norwich game as well don't forget. That means Benny in at LB for that game. I'm going BTTS Forest win!

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I wouldnt.

This goes against everything we've been working on to get us to where we are now. Things will get easier for us, but I dont think this is the league to just turn up & try & roll teams over, nor is it the Karanka way.

I suspect not getting beat will always be first on the matchday agenda. Dont see that changing unless we go fucking crazy in January.
    for a new team, with so many new players, is crucial for building character to remain unbeaten and gain confidence

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    for a new team, with so many new players, is crucial for building character to remain unbeaten and gain confidence
    Especially in the Championship where "everybody is capable of beating everybody". Picking up at least a point from most games is the route to success. Players aren't robots and as you say confidence is a big part of being successful. Being hard to beat is the key in this league.

i see a few more being added to the draw column this month and moving into November

Quote Originally Posted by 888balluk View Post
    i see a few more being added to the draw column this month and moving into November
    I will take that with the games coming up.

If we get positive results at both Norwich & Bolton then I think we will start flying.