Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Matchday 7: Swansea City Fan Comments

Impressive member

Default Re: Matchday 7: Swansea City Fan Comments

[QUOTE=karteo;2858905]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

so it's not fair play when you do it against some and it's fair play when you do it against others? that's a bit of non objective view i think.
    Why is this so hard to understand? I never said it was acceptable, I said nobody mentioned it during the Clough days, despite it going on, because we were successful. Right now we're not, so it seems a problem. It's not a problem.
    Greece won the Euros by largely grinding out 1-0 wins. If you'd gone out at the group stage the complaints would have been louder, but as you won the tournament it was seen as a successful style that played to your team's strengths. My point is any team performance should be taken in context of whether the team succeeds in its objective. If you don't agree with that, and you consider the manner in which the game is played to be key (not the result) then the fairplay league is relevant.

Last edited by Cortez the Killer; 20-09-18 at 08:13.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Greece won the Euros by largely grinding out 1-0 wins. If you'd gone out at the group stage the complaints would have been louder, but as you won the tournament it was seen as a successful style that played to your team's strengths. My point is any team performance should be taken in context of whether the team succeeds in its objective. If you don't agree with that, and you consider the manner in which the game is played to be key (not the result) then the fairplay league is relevant.
    winning with 1-0 doesn't have anything to do with fair play. we won the Euro but still we were not an impressive team or a pleasant to watch. we know that and admit that.

but wtf is fair play league? it's rubbish. there are rules, there are fouls, there are cards, there are 11 players in each side and there is a ref on the pitch. you play by the rules and punished by the rules.

this discussion is out of football. fair play league is not football. fair play league is marketing, is UN, is whatever you can think of but it's not football!

they want fair play. ok. let's do it. every foul should be a yellow card. no fouls at all. foul is not fair playing. so why wouldn't do it like that and enjoy a fair play league?

there is an Arab billionaire buying a club spending load of money. there is a russian also doing that. money coming from nobody knows where. where is the fair play in that?

there is a load of money for the teams relegated from Premier League. where is the fair play in that?

there are players diving trying to fool the ref and steal the result. where is the fair play in that?

to count fairness by the cards and fouls is like having a forest in front of you and you are staring at a toothpick and being annoyed by that.

football is a man's game. it always had and always have 22 young men running after a ball, kicking each other, pushing each other, with adrenaline flowing all over the place, heartbeats over 120.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    winning with 1-0 doesn't have anything to do with fair play. we won the Euro but still we were not an impressive team or a pleasant to watch. we know that and admit that.

but wtf is fair play league? it's rubbish. there are rules, there are fouls, there are cards, there are 11 players in each side and there is a ref on the pitch. you play by the rules and punished by the rules.

this discussion is out of football. fair play league is not football. fair play league is marketing, is UN, is whatever you can think of but it's not football!

they want fair play. ok. let's do it. every foul should be a yellow card. no fouls at all. foul is not fair playing. so why wouldn't do it like that and enjoy a fair play league?

there is an Arab billionaire buying a club spending load of money. there is a russian also doing that. money coming from nobody knows where. where is the fair play in that?

there is a load of money for the teams relegated from Premier League. where is the fair play in that?

there are players diving trying to fool the ref and steal the result. where is the fair play in that?

to count fairness by the cards and fouls is like having a forest in front of you and you are staring at a toothpick and being annoyed by that.

football is a man's game. it always had and always have 22 young men running after a ball, kicking each other, pushing each other, with adrenaline flowing all over the place, heartbeats over 120.
    Exactly my point. Those who were complaining about us being bottom of the fairplay league wouldn't have been if we'd been top of the Championship. It's only relevant because we were sat in 15th. I made that point on several occasions. Because I defended someone who was getting some flack for moaning about it I have been accused of being negative, when all I was trying to point out to him was that, by the end of the season, if we are still bottom of the fairplay league but in the top six of the Championship, the moaning will stop.

Exactly my point. Those who were complaining about us being bottom of the fairplay league wouldn't have been if we'd been top of the Championship. It's only relevant because we were sat in 15th. I made that point on several occasions. Because I defended someone who was getting some flack for moaning about it I have been accused of being negative, when all I was trying to point out to him was that, by the end of the season, if we are still bottom of the fairplay league but in the top six of the Championship, the moaning will stop.
    we agree then!

Not banned, just being a pillock

Can no fucker quote a post properly anymore?

Impressive member

[QUOTE=Barry;2858965]Can no fucker quote a post properly anymore?

What ya mean?

Not banned, just being a pillock

[QUOTE=Cortez the Killer;2858966][QUOTE=Barry;2858965]Can no fucker quote a post properly anymore?

What ya mean?/QUOTE]

What i mean is if you cant beat em, join em.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Can no fucker quote a post properly anymore?
    Works on mine?

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Problem is some posts are just so long and academic that no one can be bothered to read them all through so, of course, they get misquoted.

[QUOTE=valspoodle;2859014]Problem is some posts are just so long and academic that no one can be bothered to read them all through so, of course, they get misquoted.[/QUOTE

Ive probably got a shorter attention span than most.