Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appropriate number of games ?

Default Re: Appropriate number of games ?

I've seen enough games to know we're nicely on track.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Impressive member

Despite a few niggling problems, there have been a couple of flashes of pure quality so far - the West Brom and Newcastle games specifically - so I have utmost faith that it will come good.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Despite a few niggling problems, there have been a couple of flashes of pure quality so far - the West Brom and Newcastle games specifically - so I have utmost faith that it will come good.
    Those games were due more to how the opposition set up than anything else. Championship clubs won’t and haven’t allowed us the space and time that we were afforded in those 2 games.

Did Swansea give us space too? (I haven’t watched or listened to the game)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

The biggest positive for me is the additional in height and physicality. We were rolled over too easily in the past by a team who had nothing but a direct ball into the centre forward. That hasn't really happened this season, the goals we've been conceding have their origin from out wide/in the channels, which I sort of expected given we started the season with Darikwa and Osborn at full back. That's something that can be mitigated with our wide midfielders doubling up and providing support. The direct ball against our centre backs leading to knock downs and then goals was just infuriating, so I'm glad that's now pretty much sorted.

The biggest negative is that we're lacking quality in attacking positions. If Grabban doesn't fire, we're reliant on an slow, slugging Murphy who despite a couple of early goals quite clearly isn't up to the required quality we need, especially in a side which will supposedly become more fluid. I'm also somewhat doubtful over the impact Carvalho will have in the long term. Boy obviously has some quality, but he disappears from games too easily, and so far has shown very limited end product. For £13m, I'd expect him to be one of the best players in the league. He isn't.

Best case scenario for us I think over the short term is to grind out 1-0 attritional wins until January. I see the WBA/Newcastle performances as rare occurrences rather something that is likely to be the norm. More likely our game will be to just be fitter, stronger and more disciplined than the opposition. Potentially lots of tight games won in the last third of the 90.

Karanka Mutineer

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Aitor Aitor A Puddycat View Post
    Those games were due more to how the opposition set up than anything else. Championship clubs won’t and haven’t allowed us the space and time that we were afforded in those 2 games.

Did Swansea give us space too? (I haven’t watched or listened to the game)

I agree, but it's Karanka's job to counter how the opposition set up to play us. Not many teams are happy to let us play to our strengths.

“6 Games” - Alan Hardy, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    The biggest positive for me is the additional in height and physicality. We were rolled over too easily in the past by a team who had nothing but a direct ball into the centre forward. That hasn't really happened this season, the goals we've been conceding have their origin from out wide/in the channels, which I sort of expected given we started the season with Darikwa and Osborn at full back. That's something that can be mitigated with our wide midfielders doubling up and providing support. The direct ball against our centre backs leading to knock downs and then goals was just infuriating, so I'm glad that's now pretty much sorted.

The biggest negative is that we're lacking quality in attacking positions. If Grabban doesn't fire, we're reliant on an slow, slugging Murphy who despite a couple of early goals quite clearly isn't up to the required quality we need, especially in a side which will supposedly become more fluid. I'm also somewhat doubtful over the impact Carvalho will have in the long term. Boy obviously has some quality, but he disappears from games too easily, and so far has shown very limited end product. For £13m, I'd expect him to be one of the best players in the league. He isn't.

Best case scenario for us I think over the short term is to grind out 1-0 attritional wins until January. I see the WBA/Newcastle performances as rare occurrences rather something that is likely to be the norm. More likely our game will be to just be fitter, stronger and more disciplined than the opposition. Potentially lots of tight games won in the last third of the 90.
    When that attacking fluidity comes to fruition, then Soudani could go up top.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that if you're going to post an opinion on a public internet forum then you should expect people who disagree to do so. If you're overwhelmed or upset by a lot of people disagreeing with you then don't start crying about it, maybe this whole thing isn't for you.
    Absolutely agree, very eloquent for a 9 year old too!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

I agree, but it's Karanka's job to counter how the opposition set up to play us. Not many teams are happy to let us play to our strengths.
    But AK hasn’t yet shown he can do this. The 2 games you’ve specifically exampled, were against teams unused to the hustle of the Championship.

Impressive member

But AK hasn’t yet shown he can do this. The 2 games you’ve specifically exampled, were against teams unused to the hustle of the Championship.

Excellent point. All three teams actually, as I counted Newcastle as well as West Brom and Swansea. It's over to Karanka to get us winning games like he did his Boro side.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers Across the Midfield View Post
    “6 Games” - Alan Hardy, 2018

Only 3 more left until Kewell gets the boot

We've lost 1 in 9, thats surtely an endorsement for Aks ability to counter the opposition. Imposing our style is where we've stuttered, but Swansea saw us take a step forward there too.