• An away draw - for Billy Davies

13 28.26%
  • Lose - 'I'm not saying he should be sacked but...'

18 39.13%
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Matchday 7: Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest

Default Re: Matchday 7: Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by LowerBridgfordHerts View Post
    The thing is we could and should have won yesterday's game but for Osborn's finishing which AK has no control over so we are slowly getting there.

What has been frustrating for me so far this season is we'll put in a performance like this one and then seemingly regress overnight. I am hoping to see some consistency. This sort of performance against Sheff Weds and we will win.
    Don't think its a general regression more different opposition countering what we do, injuries to key players like Guedioura & Karanka tinkering with the line up & approach to settle on the best contingency plan.

Boring to hear, but it needs time & patience for the whole thing to settle down. After Swansea, its becoming clear we're starting to develop an identity.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just watched the highlights, which is a blinkered view of the game, but wtf are some of you moaning about. Some of that attacking play down the right was sublime, Osborn could have had 4, Grabbans chance was made from nothing by an absolute worldy pass by Carvalho and generally we looked far the better side from the 10 minutes I've seen.

Osborn reminded me of Cash when he first moved to right wing, snatching at chances. If Karanka can get him firing like he did with Cash, then we'll have a fantastic #10 on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Just watched the highlights, which is a blinkered view of the game, but wtf are some of you moaning about. Some of that attacking play down the right was sublime, Osborn could have had 4, Grabbans chance was made from nothing by an absolute worldy pass by Carvalho and generally we looked far the better side from the 10 minutes I've seen.

Osborn reminded me of Cash when he first moved to right wing, snatching at chances. If Karanka can get him firing like he did with Cash, then we'll have a fantastic #10 on the books.
    I have to agree having now seen the highlights.
    Mind you 10 minutes of highlights can give a pretty distorted view of the game.
    I have no problems with us playing the football we have seen in patches at the City Ground, but have reservations still about tactics that include dirty play and cheating.
    It is refreshing to see some physicality restored to the team, and maybe my concerns have been a bit hysterical, but there is a fine line between hard and fair, and dirty and cheating.
    The highlights of the Swansea game, and the other games this season do not feature the bad tackles etc.; they focus on the decent football.
    We have only won 2 away games from the last 19 we played - that should be of greater concern.
    As should the wastefulness of missed chances.
    In cricket they say dropped catches lose matches; in football the equivalent is missed sitters makes for losing quitters

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post

Spot on this, theres no substitute for being at the game, but having watched a rerun on Ifollow, I'm ultra positive about whats being put together.

Seriously, what do folk want in an away performance?

We bossed every stat going, clean sheat, higher posession, out shot, out worked, out battled a decent Swansea side. Benny puts away his 2 chances & we stroll that game.

I just think theres things materialising here folk just dont want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Spot on this, theres no substitute for being at the game, but having watched a rerun on Ifollow, I'm ultra positive about whats being put together.

We bossed every stat going, clean sheat, higher posession, out shot, out worked, out battled a decent Swansea side. Benny puts away his 2 chances & we stroll that game.

Yeah, I think there's been valid moans this season, but (based on watching a stream) Sat we really looked like a good side doing a tough job well in a tough fixture.

If we get at least 4pts from the next two home games I reckon we'll have turned a real corner.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Yeah, I think there's been valid moans this season, but (based on watching a stream) Sat we really looked like a good side doing a tough job well in a tough fixture.

If we get at least 4pts from the next two home games I reckon we'll have turned a real corner.
    Definitely, its all very well waxing lyrical about an away job, but we need to follow it up with something a bit more adventurous at home.

Wendies & Rotherham take on extra significance in that respect. Two games that should see us impose ourselves.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

Consistency is what’s lacking.

We’ve seen 3 all round good performances where we’ve imposed our game, from 8 games total so far, and a few other periods in games when the flow has been there. It’s also worth remembering that we’ve had some tough opponents away from home - 3 teams in the current top six.

I hope we can impose our game from the off in these next two and grab the first goal. Scoring first is so important.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Not that type of player

9 games

Six points from the next two would certainly lighten the mood around here and give us a proper platform to work from.

I wouldn't say it would automatically meant we've turned the corner, but it's a results based business and two wins would put us where we want to be knocking on top six door.

Karanka Mutineer

New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I have to agree having now seen the highlights.
    Mind you 10 minutes of highlights can give a pretty distorted view of the game.
    I have no problems with us playing the football we have seen in patches at the City Ground, but have reservations still about tactics that include dirty play and cheating.
    It is refreshing to see some physicality restored to the team, and maybe my concerns have been a bit hysterical, but there is a fine line between hard and fair, and dirty and cheating.
    The highlights of the Swansea game, and the other games this season do not feature the bad tackles etc.; they focus on the decent football.
    We have only won 2 away games from the last 19 we played - that should be of greater concern.
    As should the wastefulness of missed chances.
    In cricket they say dropped catches lose matches; in football the equivalent is missed sitters makes for losing quitters
    How many red cards did we get?

Asking for a friend.

COYR

Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

A very good performance in two thirds of the pitch. The defence easily dealt with a powderpuff Swansea attack and our midfield controlled long spells of the game. Our attacking play was pretty poor when it mattered though, so many good opportunities wasted by a scuffed shot, an overhit pass or a poor touch.

Janko had an excellent debut and was a massive threat with his runs from deep, especially in the first half. Robinson had his best game for the club and the midfield looks so much more balanced with Guedioura back. I thought Grabban was poor again, though. Hopefully he can get a goal quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    Yesterday's performance showed the progress we are making as a team.
    Gued was brilliant. Colback did his bit. Our twinkle-toes Carvalho and Dias, when they came on were almost unplayable and hardly lost the ball. Ozzy and Cash full of energy.
    All these positives and some of us are moaning that we are a dirty side.
    Another decent all round performance from Guedioura, his forward passing makes a huge difference. Also top drawer at anticipating mistakes in posession by the opposition. That positional awareness was a big reason we were winning the ball higher up the pitch again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyRed View Post
    How many red cards did we get?

Asking for a friend.
    Asking for a friend?
    Now I know you are fibbing!
    OK - I have a bee in bonnet about ill-discipline, and I deserve the panning I am getting for the bollocks I have posted.
    No body loves me, everyone hates me, I think I will go and eat worms...

(BTW - that was me climbing down from the high horse I somehow got myself sat on. I'll be a good boy from now on, promise.)

(BTW - that was me climbing down from the high horse I somehow got myself sat on. I'll be a good boy from now on, promise.)
    This is not in keeping with the new protocol down the City Ground, go & take someones dinner money off them, put your rubbish in next doors bin & your back in the loop.

Asking for a friend?
    OK - I have a bee in bonnet about ill-discipline, and I deserve the panning I am getting for the bollocks I have posted.

belefonte likes this post.*

*Because my like/dislike privileges have been revoked

Impressive member

Asking for a friend?

I understand your concerns, Capt, but this is only there because we're 15th in the table. A couple of wins and a consistent run and things will even out, and you may well view our position in the fairplay league as us being more competitive and strong in the combat.

The thing that drove me crazy about Benny on Saturday beside the missed chances was that every time we were attacking with any speed and the ball went into him with his back to goal instead of letting the ball run across his body and continue the counter attack, he would stop the ball completely and then turn around. It takes all the sting out of the attack, I noticed it 3 or 4 times and he was in yards of space. maybe nobody is giving him a shout? but a couple of times I screamed "Turn!" at my computer screen.

Not banned, just being a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.Tricky. View Post
    The thing that drove me crazy about Benny on Saturday beside the missed chances was that every time we were attacking with any speed and the ball went into him with his back to goal instead of letting the ball run across his body and continue the counter attack, he would stop the ball completely and then turn around. It takes all the sting out of the attack, I noticed it 3 or 4 times and he was in yards of space. maybe nobody is giving him a shout? but a couple of times I screamed "Turn!" at my computer screen.
    Hes always done it... hes just a slow player.

If Osborn had any composure we'd have won, despite that I thought he and the team deserved more than a point, we dominated a decent team on their own patch.

Pity we lost the game on bookings though.

The Wand!

Asking for a friend?

Just a warning this time Captain

I had to have a chuckle during the pre match TV camera scan of the crowds, camera focusing on 3 likeley reds supporters chatting and laughing then slowly looking to their left and nonchalantly flicking the V at the home support in reply to something obviously chanted - pure class !

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Just a warning this time Captain
    Shit!
    I'm bottom of the Fair Play league

New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

Shit!
    I'm bottom of the Fair Play league
    Captain Sinister Out!

The Wand!