Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Where's me hammer?

Default Re: Karim Ansarifard

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    He even looked up and saw Lolley and then passed it backwards.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yep i saw that.... see it all the time in kids football, usually its not passing to the shit player which is of course what Lolley aint.

Bizarre.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    He even looked up and saw Lolley and then passed it backwards.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I thought it might've been a case of I'll give it backwards and make a forward run so you've got someone in front to pass it to once it gets to you (Which it still should have done from Robinson imo). Karim should've just given it to Lolley though.

Aris Thessaloniki is interested (for free of course) according to Greek papers. They do have some money, but his contract (500K euros), while cheap for English standards, is still steep for Greece. Interestingly, he broke off with his Iranian agent; it makes sense, the guy practically ruined his career last summer.

good, get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Aris Thessaloniki is interested (for free of course) according to Greek papers. They do have some money, but his contract (500K euros), while cheap for English standards, is still steep for Greece. Interestingly, he broke off with his Iranian agent; it makes sense, the guy practically ruined his career last summer.
    The Greek press claims that the owner of Aris is in London to close the deal. A loan covering most of his wages, I would guess.

His 60 minutes yesterday showed he should be kept as a very useful back up next season.

Forum Tactician

Ultimately I hope we look for a Kodja type striker in the summer, bit more physical but very mobile at the same time.

Ansarifard aint that quick & he aint that strong. Had it all on with his back yesterday with mixed results against big fuckers like Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Foxenhauer View Post
    His 60 minutes yesterday showed he should be kept as a very useful back up next season.
    It’s all about game time, players need it to show talent. They need minutes, the amount of time fans take joy in calling players shit before they have barely even seen a start from them (this season especially) is quite staggering.

i insist that Ansarifard is a very very good player. however, if he is not proper fit for Martin's playing style then you should let him go. He needs playing time to adjust in your difficult and different league. He is a disciplined player but there is no reason to keep him if the manager doesn't believe on him.

I thought he looked really good yesterday, given a few more games he could become a valuable addition.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Still ultimately didn't score and a massive failure in terms of this season.

All will be forgiven if he comes to the fore next year mind.

Won't get too attached either just yet tho. One of the players who I'm not sure will stick around.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 23-04-19 at 10:57.

I think he's easily a better option than Murphy and should have started a lot more often than him. Played well yesterday and I'd like to see him start in our remaining two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I think he's easily a better option than Murphy and should have started a lot more often than him. Played well yesterday and I'd like to see him start in our remaining two games.
    Completely different styles though, Ansarafid is closer to Grabban than Murphy and footballs about options not just ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    It’s all about game time, players need it to show talent. They need minutes, the amount of time fans take joy in calling players shit before they have barely even seen a start from them (this season especially) is quite staggering.
    Depends if you like the idea of the player, Ansarafid was supposed to change games and be amazing having 5 minute cameos but as he was "shit fron Oly" that's ok , however Carvalho getting 20 25 minutes isn't enough time for him to make an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    massive failure in terms of this season
    As usual, utter rubbish. He wasn't available to play until late autumn and didn't (allegedly ) cost us a penny. Hasn't had sufficient game time to make a real judgement either.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    As usual, utter rubbish. He wasn't available to play until late autumn and didn't (allegedly ) cost us a penny. Hasn't had sufficient game time to make a real judgement either.
    I'm not questioning his value or ability. Ultimately we needed backup for Grabban, he was deemed good enough, and he's scored only 1 goal in all that time.

You can rate/not rate the player all you like, but - as a promotion signing for this year - it's a toss signing.

As I've said all season long, either the owners have to start signing players ready for a promotion push the second we sign them, or give managers more than 6 months to get promoted so they can develop those players.

Giving them 6 months then signing players like Ansarifard who are miles off being regular contributors is the absolute core crux of what's screwed our season up - overexpectancy with sub-par backing.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Well, we were limited as to what we could get - and desperate for a third striking option due to - Grabban's injury issues, Murphy's age and Karanka bombing out all our young alternatives, such as Brereton, Walker, Cummings etc who, in his opinion weren't even good enough to be third choice in his only ever 1 striker approach...

Senior Doom Monger

Still ultimately didn't score and a massive failure in terms of this season.

All will be forgiven if he comes to the fore next year mind.

Won't get too attached either just yet tho. One of the players who I'm not sure will stick around.
    If the players like playing together in the Forest team, and if Karim becomes a regular starter, or an impact sub given more than the 3 or 4 minutes he was getting, and if there is the possibility of reaching the Prem, and if we pay him a decent wack, then I am sure he could be persuaded to stay.
    No one should be guaranteed a first team shirt, but he deserves better treatment than he has had to date.
    I hope he stays, even if it is only for next season, as I think he has some mercurial talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    If the players like playing together in the Forest team, and if Karim becomes a regular starter, or an impact sub given more than the 3 or 4 minutes he was getting, and if there is the possibility of reaching the Prem, and if we pay him a decent wack, then I am sure he could be persuaded to stay.
    No one should be guaranteed a first team shirt, but he deserves better treatment than he has had to date.
    I hope he stays, even if it is only for next season, as I think he has some mercurial talent.
    I agree with all that apart from the "deserves better treatment".

I don't get why he's been treated badly?

AK barely played him & MON barely played him. If he's not impressed either I think it's fair to say he may not have been quite up to it this year.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 23-04-19 at 19:42.

Think people might of watched a different game to me yesterday, I thought he was awful lmao.

Hit one wide, had a free shot on goal in the 2nd half and hit it straight at the goalkeeper.
    As for his link-up play with Lolley and Carvalho, he looked like he was playing about 2-3 seconds behind everyone else.

If he was that good, he'd of played more?

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Would he of.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Well considering the players that have had spells out the team for no apparent reason over the past 3 months I wouldn't really buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Would he of.
    I'd knew we'd of you at it eventually.

Default Karim Ansarifard

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Carvalho is outside, said he’d of wants a word or two

Senior Doom Monger

I agree with all that apart from the "deserves better treatment".

I don't get why he's been treated badly?

AK barely played him & MON barely played him. If he's not impressed either I think it's fair to say he may not have been quite up to it this year.
    Neither AK nor MON gave the bloke a series of starts, and both brought him on right near the end of games when he hadn't even the time to get the pace of the match, let alone come on and impress.
    To me, treating him better would have been to get him fit, then give him a minimum of 3 starts, and accept meh performances initially, so long as he showed improvement to an acceptable standard over the series of starts.
    To bring in an international player, recently featuring in the World Cup, who had played Champions' League the previous season and then not give him a fair crack of the whip was not the best way to see if he could step up to the demands of the Championship.
    I don't advocate favouritism for any player; I do advocate giving a player a decent chance to prove himself before we bin him.

Forum Tactician

He's not big, he's not quick & he doesnt have any Championship experience upstairs to compensate.

From what Ive seen, I can easily see why Grabban & Murphy were above him in the hierarchy during the time we were still in it.

Going forward, we need an all round forward with pace, the size to compete & goals.