Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Will we Beat Reading?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Karanka army marches on

46 90.20%
  • No an afternon of struggle

2 3.92%
  • Bore Draw

3 5.88%
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Matchday 3: Nottingham Forest Vs Reading

Default Matchday 3: Nottingham Forest Vs Reading

Quote Originally Posted by Sam4Forest View Post
    Saw the fallout, but agree it is a real problem. I sit in Upper Clough and go in Bridgford side and the queues are crazy there too. No organisation, people pushing in and takes ages even if we are 20 mins or so before kick off. Not sure what more they can do to resolve without additional turnstiles being put on. Is it only in the Brian Clough where it's bad as everywhere I've sat before I never had a problem getting into the ground?
    Queues are always seen as a problem Tbf.
    We have maybe underestimated the amount of ST and matchday tickets sold and could do with some form of notice. But to make out people being dangerously near the Trent has never happened before is simply not true. I remember doing the same at the Trent end while it was terracing on many occasion. That’s not saying it makes it all ok btw.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 3: Nottingham Forest Vs Reading

Is it just me that can't understand the attendance figures quoted for the Reading game being higher than for the Albion game?
    Firstly, Albion brought 1957 supporters into the ground.
    Reading brought in 826 - that is 1131 more Albion supporters in the ground.
    Secondly, there were quite a few empty seats around me and the Mrs at the Reading game, and the family area of the main stand looked to have quite a few.
    Crowds outside of the ground v Albion were thronging; seemed less so v Reading.
    So how come the attendance for the Reading game is quoted as 27948, v 27,850 for the Albion game?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Is it just me that can't understand the attendance figures quoted for the Reading game being higher than for the Albion game?
    Secondly, there were quite a few empty seats around me and the Mrs at the Reading game, and the family area of the main stand looked to have quite a few.
    So how come the attendance for the Reading game is quoted as 27948, v 27,850 for the Albion game?
    Total headscratcher.

I suspect they make it up as they go along.

Where can i find the twitter fallout for #queuingintherivertrentgate?

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Total headscratcher.

I suspect they make it up as they go along.
    In the good old days, when the ground capacity was 49,000, I remember being crushed when I could eventually get into the ground.
    The attendance then was usually quoted as being 24,852 or some such ridiculously low number.
    I could (eventually) understand that as being a tax dodge in those cash at the turnstile days, by keeping the gate receipts figures given to the tax man as low as possible.
    I cannot understand in a non-cash, all ticket era why attendances would be quoted incorrectly.
    Do the numbers include all 21,000 season card holders irrespective as to whether they are actually attending the game?

The suggestion is that only ever a very small proportion of season card holders don't turn up, so an actual headcount would be close.

I suspect it is an accounting convention, whether of merit or not is differnt matter.

They must have an actual head count for H&S reasons.

I suppose the bigger number is better for fan esteem, etc.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    P block was entirely sold out for reading, Albion it was basically empty

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    1 not the clubs fault, people need to get to the ground earlier to prevent queues

2 not a great deal can be done with that sadly

3 that stupid music at that point will be the Johnny Owen video as it finishes at 5 minutes till the game starts

4 thats designed for Safety if people want to ignore it thats their choice.

5 i dont either, but when you have tight space and thousands od people potentially wanting dood or drink within 15 minutes it is difficult to make it quick for everyone.
    I was there at Twenty five to three and the queue was crazy, no barriers, no control, and one turnstile not open.
    They could put barriers in place so that there is a proper way to queue at the bar, and not just the free for all
    Not talking about the video but the terrible music after that
    Designed for safety and if we were getting 20,000 a game maybe they work, but we have too many people right now.. big problem I know

The club seem to be getting so many things right but still small things make a difference

Higher attendance for this game than the sheep v Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Higher attendance for this game than the sheep v Leeds
    Ah, but the sheep have a new flag. Perhaps they have to leave space for that.

I'm calling this a massive 3 points. It'll be more noticable at the business end of the season when there are only a few points in it. Big learning curve in all 3 matches so far.

Brizzle - Showed we can come from a losing position and a need to press more.
    Baggies - Showed what not to do when defending a lead. Lessons learned with perhaps different subs next time.
    Reading - Showed that players weren't quite as fit as expected, more squad rotation when playing every few days.

Not just AK learning the squad, but the foreign players learning the Championship too. Things I think can only get better. Main probably will be keeping those out of the squad/benched happy.

Looking forward, Wigan away is the sort of fixture you'd expect something out of if you want to be challenging at the top. Then the Brummies should be a must win especially as they are at Bolton the Wed before while we have more rest. I think 4 point out of those minimum before the couple of tough away trips to Brentford and Swansea.