Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Hefele

Default Re: Michael Hefele

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Shook of the rust from the Bury game & looked a class act.

Finally we present a threat at corners.

If he's up to it, I'd stick him in there at Brentford.
    Quite right. In fact, there were several players last night who have given AK a real selection headache for Saturday and onwards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Quite right. In fact, there were several players last night who have given AK a real selection headache for Saturday and onwards.
    There's no headache, Ak just doesn't change the team for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Dominated Joselu, who himself gave David Luiz a rough time when he came on for Newcastle on Sunday. Hefele won everything against him in the air, stuck him on his arse a couple of times and after one of those he decided to just lurch over and stare at Joselu, who got up to try and intimidate Heff with the head to head thing, Heff responded by giggling and calling him a pussy.

Him and Fox's partnership seemed to come completely naturally which suggests they've worked on it well in training.

Love him.
    Joselu showed his frustration throughout the game. Always a good sign for your opponent.

Brentford are a completely different challenge and will play on the floor. It's the sort of game you want Toby for. Harsh to drop Hefele after last night but easy enough to keep him content to bring him back in after the internationals.

Karanka Mutineer

Yeah they'll move the ball twice as fast as Newcastle did. I'd possibly look at swapping Fox with Toby though, so we keep some aerial prowess in the side.

As much as he's impacted a game again, i'd look at Cash being used from the bench again too. Teams can't deal with his energy late on.

Just a tough one over CDM too. Is Gued fit? Do you take Watson out for a more mobile player? Probably make an argument for keeping a couple of strong and more robust players in, even if a little les mobile to try and over power Brentford at times too.

Be interesting to see how their midfield clicks without Woods, especially in terms of them trying to keep tabs on Carvalho.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Yeah they'll move the ball twice as fast as Newcastle did. I'd possibly look at swapping Fox with Toby though, so we keep some aerial prowess in the side.

As much as he's impacted a game again, i'd look at Cash being used from the bench again too. Teams can't deal with his energy late on.

Just a tough one over CDM too. Is Gued fit? Do you take Watson out for a more mobile player? Probably make an argument for keeping a couple of strong and more robust players in, even if a little les mobile to try and over power Brentford at times too.

Be interesting to see how their midfield clicks without Woods, especially in terms of them trying to keep tabs on Carvalho.
    We need to keep as much aerial ability in defence as possible especially given our ability to concede from set pieces already this season. As much as Brentford play on the floor last season 3 of their 4 goals against us home and away were headers all from corners! Most if not all teams know how weak we have been at set pieces so will try to take advantage.

Come what may Id play Heffele, as mention he's security at set pieces & he's a live threat for our corners if it becomes a game of bits & pieces.

Think Maupays injured, they seem to be playing a big finnish lad in his place. More fuel for Heffeles introduction.

Heffele alongside Fox for the mobility is how I hope we go. Just need Byram fit to look after Watkins.

Last edited by MASE; 30-08-18 at 11:32.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Come what may Id play Heffele, as mention he's security at set pieces 7 he's a live threat for our corners if it becomes a game of bits & pieces.

Think Maupays injured, they seem to be playing a big finnish lad in his place. More fuel for Heffeles introduction.

Heffele alongside Fox for the mobililty is how I hope we go. Just need Byram fit to look after Watkins.
    Maupay got a 3 game ban for stamping on someone against Villa so he's definitely out.

They did score from two set pieces against us last season too, so it's in their locker to do that.

Tough choice for the manager, there's three centre backs with a valid claim on the two spots.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Brentford are a completely different challenge and will play on the floor. It's the sort of game you want Toby for. Harsh to drop Hefele after last night but easy enough to keep him content to bring him back in after the internationals.
    I wouldn't over-complicate it. Play those that earn the shirt, and Hef has for this game.

I was less impressed than most of you were. A good, solid Championship defender, capable in the air which is something you need, and a nice guy to have at the dressing rooms from what I read, but a bit slow in his reactions for Premier football, plus I think he played a minor part in Newcastle's goal (he broke the offside line).

I still fail to understand the need for signing him after you signed Dawson, who seems to be a similar type of defender.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I was less impressed than most of you were. A good, solid Championship defender, capable in the air which is something you need, and a nice guy to have at the dressing rooms from what I read, but a bit slow in his reactions for Premier football.
    We're not in the Premier League yet. Let's worry about needs for that when we get there. A Championship centre back needs to be strong, aerially dominant, composed and position himself well. Everything else is a bonus.

Watching from the stands, his influence on the game was much more than just his play, his off the ball antics were huge: cleverly intimidating the opposition, whipping up the fans, and constantly communicating across the team.

I was so enthused with Hefele against Toon, I hope this wasn't a one off.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    I still fail to understand the need for signing him after you signed Dawson, who seems to be a similar type of defender.
    The problem is, Dawson hasn't looked good when he has played - we needed a plan B and none of our other defenders seemed to offer a like-for-like replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Maupay got a 3 game ban for stamping on someone against Villa so he's definitely out.
    He should get less pay for that.

Left Winger

Future Cult Hero () I reckon.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Future Cult Hero () I reckon.
    I'd say already a cult hero after the Newcastle game.

My only worry is that he always seems to get involved in eyeballing opponents who then push him and instead of them getting a red both players are booked. Could cost us with the sort of refs we often get.

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    I'd say already a cult hero after the Newcastle game.

My only worry is that he always seems to get involved in eyeballing opponents who then push him and instead of them getting a red both players are booked. Could cost us with the sort of refs we often get.
    Yep, against Brentford he was pushed and fouled, and then right in front of us given the yellow for what the ref saw as retaliation, if fact he didn’t do anything!
    I really like what I saw of him though against both Newcastle and Brentford.

Says the right thing;"doesn't matter who our opponent is on Saturday as we are Nottingham Forest!"

Rice # 42

Gotta love a nutter! It's been a while.

Miserable bastard

He's got a long way to go to be a Cult Hero in my book.

Rice # 42

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    He's got a long way to go to be a Cult Hero in my book.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=Cult%20Hero

Miserable bastard

Doesn't disprove my point.

Left Winger

Well he’s not ... yet ... in my Book.

Give it time though!