Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Scam Alerts!

Default Scam Alerts!

I was going to post a thread asking members if they had ever received parcels from Amazon they hadn't ordered and what they did about it?

A bit of Googling alerted me to a potential scam called 'brushing' that I knew nothing of until it (potentially) is too late - there is the potential that my ID has either been compromised for nefarious reasons or I am being used as a marketing stooge, or, both.

I consider myself quite up-to-speed on most current issues but the evolution of e-scams is running faster than I can manage. My hope is that a collective effort might help i.e. if posters have similar alerts they might want to share.

By the way, the one above is a Sonos wireless speaker which makes me more concerned that it might contain malware that can hack at source once connected to my PC. See how paranoid this shit gets you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Terrorist Scum

Default Scam Alerts!

As an Information Security Consultant by profession, my favourite soundbite I use in presentations is this:

„It‘s not about being paranoid. It‘s are you being paranoid enough?“

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Default Re: Scam Alerts!

If I receive anything like this including any expensive gear for the neighbours I take it in, deny all knowledge and sell it down the pub to a bloke called fat Pete.

Actually it's fat necked Pete. Fat Pete is a nonce.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Actually it's fat necked Pete. Fat Pete is a nonce.
    The only way to tell the difference is one wears white socks and fat necked Pete dont