Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EFL on Quest

New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

Default EFL on Quest

Oh dear!

What a terrible start for the new boys of football programming.

No HD for some viewers, 4:3 aspect ratio for everyone & the sound is terrible.

I hope this is going to be improved, I feel ive gone back to 1995.

Last edited by ShakeyRed; 05-08-18 at 14:42.
    COYR

Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: EFL on Quest

Sound watching on tv player https://tvplayer.com/watch/quest

Quest. Is that the best deal the Football League can get? This is a low point.

Just flicked through the channels and it seems we do have Quest. Which means we've probably had it for years, and have still never heard of it.

At London 2012 Colin Murray was doing shows live from the athlete's village with Olympic gold medalists. Probably still doing MotD2 as well. I quite liked him. What scandal was he embroiled in to end up here?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post

Just flicked through the channels and it seems we do have Quest. Which means we've probably had it for years, and have still never heard of it.

At London 2012 Colin Murray was doing shows live from the athlete's village with Olympic gold medalists. Probably still doing MotD2 as well. I quite liked him. What scandal was he embroiled in to end up here?
    I think his Irish charm wore off

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

The the title of this thread probably ought to have been Quest - can it kick it?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

The daft thing us everything else on Quest is 16:9 and better quality. Watching on Quest plus one and it's truly awful.

I watched it for five minutes out of curiosity and it was fine for me. 16:9 and HD.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

He moved to talk sport and then found his principles when they were taken over by Murdoch. His trajectory has been downhill since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Wonder what the viewing figures are like.

One thing is for sure putting it on Quest is gonna reduce them drastically.

I still think football league highlights should be localised. I would rather watch an East Midlands based show than a national one. I don’t really care what Morcambe did or a 5 second comment from Clinton Morrison saying something nice about the Crawley manager.

Where's me hammer?

He refers to Liverpool as "we" and has been doing it since his Radio 1 days..... people were bound to suspect he werent a scouser at some point.

Actually I thought it was OK. Just two blokes talking football, no fancy graphics or endless montages such as BBC MOTD put on and a set that looks as if it ran out of money pretty early on in the planning.

They put on as much football as they could cram in in the time or that they were allowed to use and I too got a full screen in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    He refers to Liverpool as "we" and has been doing it since his Radio 1 days..... people were bound to suspect he werent a scouser at some point.
    I thought half of Ireland supported Liverpool or Manchester United.

When I was at uni in Liverpool they said a scouser was "an Irishman who could swim"

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Wonder what the viewing figures are like.

One thing is for sure putting it on Quest is gonna reduce them drastically.

I still think football league highlights should be localised. I would rather watch an East Midlands based show than a national one. I don’t really care what Morcambe did or a 5 second comment from Clinton Morrison saying something nice about the Crawley manager.
    I'm happy with watching the whole league. Used to like the local shows to though.

In the nineties we used to get a slightly fuzzy Yorkshire TV picture and watch their highlights show on a Sunday. Usually John Helm commentating on Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday and then a round up of the rest. Just the right amount of games, made for a good football show.

I'm happy with watching the whole league. Used to like the local shows to though.

In the nineties we used to get a slightly fuzzy Yorkshire TV picture and watch their highlights show on a Sunday. Usually John Helm commentating on Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday and then a round up of the rest. Just the right amount of games, made for a good football show.
    The one on Notts TV in the past few years has been alright, apart from McParland. I remember that late night BBC program as well that every region had, it wasn't a hit but was still watchable.

I presume they aren't localized because TV companies end up paying for 5 or 6 separate studios, crews and whatever else.

Things were just more regionalised before the internet, I guess.

I had to tune a crackly Yorks TV picture into an old black n white for that highlights show. But could only get it because Sheffield was only an hour up the road.

Now everybody can get everything (except somehow they charge for Radio Nottingham between 3-5pm on a Saturday). So why not just do one show. We've all got fastforward button on our tv now anyway.

Next step is probably choosing your own highlights show from it. Select your games, running order, highlights or goals... at the start of the programme and watch a customised highlights show.

I had Granada highlights show on a Sunday afternoon, so it was always Everpool and Mancs. Couldn't even get HTV Wales, which was ridiculous.

At the beginning of last night's show, Colin Berry mentioned something about a midweek highlights show, but it doesn't seem to exist.

I thought it was terrible last night not only was the aspect ratio out but the Darby game looked like it was played on a video where the tape had been chewed up previously.

They repeated the show at 10am this morning and they seemed to have sorted out the aspect ratio problems. I didn't catch it from the start so missed the Darby game so couldn't say if the extra problems for that game was sorted. Some of the game footage still resembled YouTube footage more than tv though.

Banned

When I was at uni in Liverpool they said a scouser was "an Irishman who could swim"
    My uncle always used to say a scousers was the cross of a pig and an irish person. He didn't like scousers.

Yeah, used to be that way. Still large numbers for those teams, though the other 4 of the big 6 (and the blue and green from beyond the wall obviously) get a decent showing.

Sent from my SM-G9500 using Tapatalk

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

He hosted the prime time morning show on TalkSport, but quit when Murdoch's company took over the station, working the required notice in the process. He deserves credit for sticking to his principles in my opinion. He picked up some work with Radio 2 and Radio 5 as well.

Edit: Just notice that I missed Aitor's earlier post saying the same about Murray quitting TalkSport.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 05-08-18 at 16:41.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

This mornings re run was in full aspect. Quest also screen live WRX and BSB

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    At the beginning of last night's show, Colin Berry mentioned something about a midweek highlights show, but it doesn't seem to exist.
    It could be League Cup (or whatever it's now called?) highlights.

I thought half of Ireland supported Liverpool or Celtic.
    FTFY.

If anyone cares they have an On demand service and App now.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    If anyone cares they have an On demand service and App now.
    Thanks.