Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Jack Robinson

Miserable bastard

Default Re: Jack Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    Fantastic transfer , He wasn't good enough and we got someone to pay us to get rid of him.
    Just shows how well run we are these days.
    A reported 1m-ish for a player we got for nowt, who was out of contract at the end of the season and had fallen down the pecking order. I agree with us being well run.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

He was genuinely shit. Absolute liability when he played.

Good riddance can't believe we got a fee for him.

No issue with Jack Robinson, always put in a shift & usually solid enough.

Happy that we’ve made 1m profit by flogging our 3rd choice left back who’s out of contract in 5 months, great bit of business

Sage

Great piece of business he really didn’t fit the style of play. Saying that though we are chronically short at LB though. In our style we cry out for pacey full backs and Chema is not built for that. Even if it’s a youngster to back up riberio that would be good but we need a pacey backup.

Is there two Robinson's at Sheffield United,because one of them is on against Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Is there two Robinson's at Sheffield United,because one of them is on against Man City.
    Callum.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Average last season, below par this season.

Really good deal for us.

However, weirdly think their system will suit him in the left centre-back role of their 3.

He's far from fast, but he's not a cripple either. He's not huge, but he can win headers and battles, and he's not great on the ball, but he'll make the effort to get forward. I think he'll fit into that system as someone who can cover for them. Positionally he's poor and gets caught ball watching.

I'm glad he's gone, but at the same time, I can see why they've gone for him.

An odd one, but a good deal for us too.

Good that we got cash for a player who isn't in the team and is out of contract in the summer. I rate him - he's not a bad player but not flawless, if he was he'd be at a higher level - but he isn't indispensable to us.

Anyone interested in any of the below can fuck off though no matter how much
    Joe "Messi" Lolley
    Ryan "Keane" Yates
    Worrall
    Cash
    Samba
    Grabban

Sheffield United get a player that slots in nicely in their formation, Jack gets to play in the Premier League and we get a 7 figure fee for a player that isn't in our first choice XI and we were going to lose for nothing at the end of the season. One of those rare occasions where all 3 parties win IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    Personally I can't for the life of me understand the logic in paying 1m for a solid-if-unspectacular Championship left back to play at the upper end of the Premier League

Premier League left backs must be rarer than Lib Dem MPs!
    Here's the answer Mr Blonde, From Mr Wilder:

We spent 500,000 tonight on a player, which Im not embarrassed about," he told the Blades' TV channel.
    "There are different ways to spend your money and were trying to build.

I could have gone and spent five or six million pounds, but Id have wasted four and a half million of it because theres a boy there whos competitive and will push Jack OConnell close.

Jack Robinson was a player Ive been trying to get for two or three years. I tried to get him when he was at QPR and he went to Forest.
    He suits our system, his pedigree is great starting off at Liverpool.

So it's just 1/2 a mil. And Mr Wilder likes him.
    Anyway good luck to him. Never really had any dislike for him even if he made a mistake. Loved his long throws especially.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Here's the answer Mr Blonde, From Mr Wilder:

We spent 500,000 tonight on a player, which I’m not embarrassed about," he told the Blades' TV channel.
    "There are different ways to spend your money and we’re trying to build.

“I could have gone and spent five or six million pounds, but I’d have wasted four and a half million of it because there’s a boy there who’s competitive and will push Jack O’Connell close.

“Jack Robinson was a player I’ve been trying to get for two or three years. I tried to get him when he was at QPR and he went to Forest.
    “He suits our system, his pedigree is great starting off at Liverpool.”

So it's just 1/2 a mil. And Mr Wilder likes him.
    Anyway good luck to him. Never really had any dislike for him even if he made a mistake. Loved his long throws especially.
    Wilder also suggested that he could play as a left-sided central midfielder... good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Wilder also suggested that he could play as a left-sided central midfielder... good luck with that.
    Wilder has two of his more 'no nonsense' centre backs underlapping wingers and ending up in the box.

He'll probably turn into Xavi under Wilder.