Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 124

Thread: Daniel Podence

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,336

    Default Re: [BUPA] Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    When dealing with a large cross section of people such as Twitter I often think back to something I once heard...

    Think of the person you know who you would say has the most average intellect, not smart, not an idiot just average. Now realise half the population (in this case Twitter) are below the intellect of that person, you probably get your answer as to why people on Twitter believe a release clause = a players value.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rh6qqsmxNs


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    789

    Default Re: [BUPA] Daniel Podence

    Full not gull - although he may well have a tanker full of gulls, odd fellas these Greek shipping tycoons.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,525

    Default Re: [BUPA] Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    That must've been where I heard it from! More than likely someone retelling because I've never seen George Carlin stand-up before.


  5. #54
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Mixer
    Posts
    34,264

    Default Re: [BUPA] Daniel Podence

    It only takes a second to score a goal.

  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,602

    Default Re: [BUPA] Daniel Podence

    Definitely been in the UK for talks with us, so not BUPA

    doyen of boomer energy

  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,133

    Default Re: [BUPA] Daniel Podence

    MODS! I will have my BUPA taken away please


  8. #57
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,587

    Default Re: [BUPA] Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    Definitely been in the UK for talks with us, so not BUPA
    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    MODS! I will have my BUPA taken away please
    What BUPA?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,133

    Default Re: [BUPA] Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    What BUPA?
    You sly bastard


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,996

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    It must be true, Wikipedia says he plays for Forest


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,734

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Half the Greek press is adamant that he is very close to Olympiacos, the other half are confused by the rumours that he is close to Forest. According to both, the signing should be concluded before Monday.


  12. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,602

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Half the Greek press is adamant that he is very close to Olympiacos, the other half are confused by the rumours that he is close to Forest. According to both, the signing should be concluded before Monday.
    Maybe he has an option for either?


  13. #62
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    11,056

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Half the Greek press is adamant that he is very close to Olympiacos, the other half are confused by the rumours that he is close to Forest. According to both, the signing should be concluded before Monday.



  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,373

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    I don't think he will end up here, but if he does rock up here then Soudani will surely be used as one of the three strikers.


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    3,263

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Not to sound disrespectful but why go to Oly? Yeah he will win a few league titles and play in some champions league games but his value won't ever be high (in relative terms), same for wages.

    Come to Forest, get promoted and play well he will be a £30m player rather than being a €15m player, greater international exposure and potential for bigger transfers, potential for higher wages etc.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Olympiacos are probably the washing machine, colour TV, soda stream and set of kitchen knives.

    We on the other hand are the gamble: go home with a speed boat or go home with nothing.

    I like a risk taker- if he doesn’t choose us thenI don’t want him anyway (except I obviously do because he’s clearly a quality player).


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,336

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Olympiacos are probably the washing machine, colour TV, soda stream and set of kitchen knives.

    We on the other hand are the gamble: go home with a speed boat or go home with nothing.


    I like a risk taker- if he doesn’t choose us thenI don’t want him anyway (except I obviously do because he’s clearly a quality player).

    Surely he'll get BFH.... Bus fare home.


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    11,165

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Come to us Daniel, or are you a fanny?


  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,734

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Unanimity in the Greek press that the deal with Olympiacos is imminent.


  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    11,165

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Unanimity in the Greek press that the deal with Olympiacos is imminent.
    He's obviously a fanny


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Everywhere, and yet nowhere to be seen
    Posts
    1,292

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Signs for Olympiacos and then loaned to us perhaps?


  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,525

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Unanimity in the Greek press that the deal with Olympiacos is imminent.
    Yeah but 'in the know Joe' reckons he had a medical at Forest yesterday so...


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,846

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Not to sound disrespectful but why go to Oly? Yeah he will win a few league titles and play in some champions league games but his value won't ever be high (in relative terms), same for wages.

    Come to Forest, get promoted and play well he will be a £30m player rather than being a €15m player, greater international exposure and potential for bigger transfers, potential for higher wages etc.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Only a slight bit of bias there but also an idea of how far expectations are going.

    Oly are a better bet than Forest at the moment. Might change but for now they play in the Champions League and many players go on to move elsewhere in Europe to top clubs.

    Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

    .k I m
    I m u mm

  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,525

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    but for now they play in the Champions League
    Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    Ouch, talk about kicking them when they're down...


  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,734

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Oly are a better bet than Forest at the moment. Might change but for now they play in the Champions League and many players go on to move elsewhere in Europe to top clubs.
    Europa League this year.


  26. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,996

    Default Re: Daniel Podence

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Europa League this year.


    I'm half expecting him to reject the glamour and sunshine in Greece and go for the family fun in Ipswich


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •