Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: #thatlovingfeeling

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Endor
    Posts
    14,107

    Default #thatlovingfeeling

    petty rant

    I'm not keen on the #thatlovingfeeling hashtag.

    That chant belongs to fans, not to the club to do with it what they want.

    It is "you've lost that loving feeling" and we sing to other team's fans when we score and we're on top, giving them cause to lose that loving feeling.

    #thatlovingfeeling is not something we have or even sing about.

    It's marketing that misunderstands its role in our fan culture. That makes it shit marketing imho.

    /petty rant

    the force is strong in this one: "It has been fantastic so far but what you can and must do next will be amazing for the rest of your lives."

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    account deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Looks like RU has lost #thatlovingfeeling


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    10,055

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    #susanalbumparty


  5. #4
    account deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    #susanalbumparty


    Still makes me laugh


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    10,055

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post


    Still makes me laugh
    Greatest piece of social media marketing ever.


  7. #6
    account deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Ed Balls Day is another highly amusing Twitter fail


  8. #7
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,059

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    I thought it was just me that found it a bit abject.

    They’ve totally missed the point. But then, this is Forest, so that should not be a surprise.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,124

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Its not great, but at least the club are verging on becoming part of the 21st century.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,810

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    It’s better than nothing I suppose. Like it or not, this is the kind of shit that casual fans lap-up (Leicester’s #fearless stuff for example). I agree that it’s all a bit twee for my tastes but it has created a wave of good feeling which has played its part in us selling more season tickets than in living memory.

    #hatesocietynothashtags


  11. #10
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    26,017

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    I've turned a blind eye to it.

    It's the sort of thing derby would do though.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,124

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I've turned a blind eye to it.

    It's the sort of thing derby would do though.
    Sadly we are becoming more derby like, however only in the areas that actually matter. The day we put Robin Hood masks out and clappers is the day our club dies, so hopefully we will never do that.


  13. #12
    account deleted
    Guest

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I've turned a blind eye to it.

    It's the sort of thing derby would do though.
    But would we tweet a video of a giant tree materialising over their stadium alongside the caption "The Reds are Coming"?


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    15,848

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    I have no problems with it, at least it's unique


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,124

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    That was truly awful.


  16. #15
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,763

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Not gonna argue this, probably will lose to Gunn again.

    I personally love it, that loving feeling is finally coming back after many years of abject suffering.


  17. #16
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    26,017

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Freedman View Post
    Not gonna argue this, probably will lose to Gunn again.


    Don't worry mate, I've lost interest with the internet, since I already beat it twice.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    10,907

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Sadly we are becoming more derby like, however only in the areas that actually matter. The day we put Robin Hood masks out and clappers is the day our club dies, so hopefully we will never do that.
    That will be the day I finally throw in the towel.


  19. #18
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    83,059

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Don't worry mate, I've lost interest with the internet, since I already beat off twice.



  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    What the fuck is a hashtag, is it a label for your Corned beef Hash or summat


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Endor
    Posts
    14,107

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    It’s better than nothing I suppose. Like it or not, this is the kind of shit that casual fans lap-up (Leicester’s #fearless stuff for example). I agree that it’s all a bit twee for my tastes but it has created a wave of good feeling which has played its part in us selling more season tickets than in living memory.

    #hatesocietynothashtags
    That's fine, pick something else

    #ptoingggg for Robin Hood hitting the bullseye

    Something #magic related

    #whatever

    For "that loving feeling" is missing it's "lost"

    It won't be long and it will be "gone, gone, gone" and a little bit of our history and identity with it.


  22. #21
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,763

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    #pengting


  23. #22
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    48,782

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Hash tag for the WFCG

    #howshitmustyoubewearewinningaway


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Endor
    Posts
    14,107

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Freedman View Post
    Not gonna argue this, probably will lose to Gunn again.

    I personally love it, that loving feeling is finally coming back after many years of abject suffering.
    It can't come back because we never had it. No Forest fan ever said "i've got that loving feeling" - we only ever sang to opposing fans when we scored and were in the lead. Conventionally we never even sung at drawing level.

    It has a place on the terraces.

    This site and the original 'zine was called "lost that loving feeling" because there is nothing better than deflating your opponent and rubbing it in.


  25. #24
    lol
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Outer SF region
    Posts
    16,763

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    It can't come back because we never had it. No Forest fan ever said "i've got that loving feeling" - we only ever sang to opposing fans when we scored and were in the lead. Conventionally we never even sung at drawing level.

    It has a place on the terraces.

    This site and the original 'zine was called "lost that loving feeling" because there is nothing better than deflating your opponent and rubbing it in.
    I cant hear you RU Haha

    Listen idk you're probably right, lord knows the majority of the forum probably agrees with you, I just like it.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Not sure. Cell window too high.
    Posts
    3,077

    Default Re: #thatlovingfeeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    petty rant

    I'm not keen on the #thatlovingfeeling hashtag.

    That chant belongs to fans, not to the club to do with it what they want.

    It is "you've lost that loving feeling" and we sing to other team's fans when we score and we're on top, giving them cause to lose that loving feeling.

    #thatlovingfeeling is not something we have or even sing about.

    It's marketing that misunderstands its role in our fan culture. That makes it shit marketing imho.

    /petty rant
    There's one thing you could do RU. Don't go there. Ignore it.

    I have absolutely no interest in social media, Forest or otherwise. If anybody would like to tempt me (fat chance) by pointing out what I might be "missing out on", please feel free. I could do with a laugh.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •