Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 160 of 165 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4119

Thread: Joćo Carvalho

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Joćo Carvalho

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    We won’t sell him and rightly so, so much short term thinking
    If he goes anywhere in the near future I suspect it will be on loan to our sister-club if he's not forced himself back into the side on a regular basis during the next six weeks-or-so. Maybe Oly will have someone we can use in a temporary exchange........Daniel Podence maybe?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    How can you long term plan for anything in football, when the manager/head coach changes every 6 months? In Carva's time here, we've seen - a manager who saw him as the perfect fit a true number 10 role; a manager who didn't pick him because he didn't use a number 10 in any of the multiple formations he tried and a manager who has shoehorned him into a not quite true number 10 role.
    Exactly, if the club were prone to long term decision making then count me in, but theyre not. So common sense prevails, we have an extremely expensive player who doesnt look that close to consistency of selection or performance. How long do you let that fester? Long enough for his price tag to diminish further.

Carvalho wasnt a long term acquisition anyway, Im interested in the opinion that says this player will flower given he's regressing in a system that simply wont accomodate him.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    There you go then Alf, a nice challenge for you to attempt to redress the balance at the next game. I'll be listening out for you.
    Genuinely tried tbh. Adomah chant died a death in particular

I'm only 1 man amongst 30k Otis, and someone not in good health who can sing all match like he used to either. The mindset has to change. If I could do everything myself we'd have been in the Prem with Billy long before now

"Hype over actuals" seems to be part of the game now. Chants for expense, not for contribution.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    This.

Fans love him because he's our record signing and because he's clearly a good player.

Oh and because he's good looking. My teenage niece told me that Worrall and Joăo are fit, but the rest are...n't. I wont repeat the word she used.
    MATTY CASH WANTS A WORD.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Exactly, if the club were prone to long term decision making then count me in, but theyre not. So common sense prevails, we have an extremely expensive player who doesnt look that close to consistency of selection or performance. How long do you let that fester? Long enough for his price tag to diminish further.

Carvalho wasnt a long term acquisition anyway, Im interested in the opinion that says this player will flower given he's regressing in a system that simply wont accomodate him.
    I'll be surprised if you get a single response to this other than mine mate.

I asked similar several months back, and the only thing the usual about 5 or 6 posters replied with was along the lines of "stop hating on Carvalho. it's not his fault he cost so much".

When you break down the actual practicalities of the situation, no-one seems to want to face them.

Now my response would be that the best hope is we go up, and his technical class is able to count for more in the Prem. But that may seem to others like I'm defending him & his signing, which would almost suggest I try and be a balanced poster and don't hate one of our most gifted players!

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 14-11-19 at 18:01.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    MATTY CASH WANTS A WORD.
    I'll let her know.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

The flip side of that of course is that they'll be another manager along in a couple of months who may well fancy him. So just wait it out and he'll be getting picked weekly soon, once the festive P45 has been dished out. !

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Getting tired of his name being the only one sung when 11 other players on the pitch are actually winning the game for us.

Be nice to hear Silva, Watson, Grabs etc getting some chants as well as Carva's inevitable ones.
    I can see your point but they do get sung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    I can see your point but they do get sung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm trying to remember many this season? Worral one of our own maybe, but Carva's name gets chanted almost every game.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Genuinely tried tbh. Adomah chant died a death in particular

I'm only 1 man amongst 30k Otis, and someone not in good health who can sing all match like he used to either.
    Fair play to you mate. The last time I belted out anything at a Forest match has to be all of 40-odd-years-ago, whilst I'd certainly never attempt to start a song or chant in those days.

I’m sorry that you’ not in the best of health Alf. I hope you feel better soon.
    My prayers go with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    I’m sorry that you’ not in the best of health Alf. I hope you feel better soon.
    My prayers go with you.
    Thanks mate, really appreciate that

oopsy daisy!

He isn't telling you exactly what those prayers are though.

You’re welcome.

Purveyor of exotic goods

Might not be the game for him tomorrow and many folk have written him off but I'm hoping Carvalho is going to start playing like he did at the backend of last season, like many footballers he needs a run of games and is clearly a confidence player. If your game is based on subtlety and finesse, it must be even more the case - I look at Silva, he's settled in by having consistent game time - yes Silva is more robust, but i do believe Carvs has something very special to give.
    I'm backing the little wizard.

It's all about mid-table...

I keep hearing this might not be the game for him, ohh it might not be 'perfect for him' this one, ohh it might be too competitive , ohh they might try and do him some damage.

ABSOLUTE FUKIN BOLLOX

Purveyor of exotic goods

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I keep hearing this might not be the game for him, ohh it might not be 'perfect for him' this one, ohh it might be too competitive , ohh they might try and do him some damage.

ABSOLUTE FUKIN BOLLOX
    Thats not what I'm saying, I'm being mindful of what folk think. If you want to be a rude, i'll take you to the cleaners mate.

I’m glad that after two weeks of us moaning about the election we can go back to debating if carvalho is shit or not again

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’m glad that after two weeks of us moaning about the election we can go back to debating if carvalho is shit or not again
    Don’t forget the thrilling debate about the merits of structural support beams on top of the new stand

Form ebbs and flows, Carvalho will be carving up defences at some point

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
    Thats not what I'm saying, I'm being mindful of what folk think. If you want to be a rude, i'll take you to the cleaners mate.
    It wasn't particularly aimed at you and no fukka will take me anywhere. I'm just sick to the back teeth of reading excuses for the lad.

13 mill of talent that folks feel the need to drool over with little evidence so far needs not one excuse, you simply do it on the pitch in ANY match.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    It wasn't particularly aimed at you and no fukka will take me anywhere. I'm just sick to the back teeth of reading excuses for the lad.

13 mill of talent that folks feel the need to drool over with little evidence so far needs not one excuse, you simply do it on the pitch in ANY match.
    Thing is mate. The lad was used as a stick to beat MON with so he can't be blamed again. At his price he HAS to come good

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    Thing is mate. The lad was used as a stick to beat MON with so he can't be blamed again. At his price he HAS to come good
    I read a lot on here but don't post much at all. However this Carvalho debate tickles me. You'd think paying all that we did for him he was already good! When we are saying that a 13 million players has to come good or has potential....we're fucked and so is football. In my opinion he is just about bang average, maybe that is because he hasn't had a run of games but you've got to burst a gut to get into contention to start. I ask myself....is Carvalho happy with earning his big pay check for doing very little? His price could've bought 3 really top championship players...I feel Carvalho will never be the player most want him to be. A shame really but an even bigger shame he cost 13 million.

Best served cold

He’s only been back a couple of months. It’s a bit soon to be talking about it “festering” isn’t it? It’s not like he’s gone through seasons of poor form and looks out of his depth. He’s returned from injury, to a new side, with a new manager and a new style of play. He’s been played here and there but he’s not had a consistent run of starts.

It seems strange that folk, not you specifically Mase, talk about the long term yet constantly talk about writing players off after a short amount of time. Wanting to bin record transfers whilst bemoaning poor financial decisioms.

We saw what Carvalho could do last season in spells. Has he torn the league up from minute 1? No. Is he inconsistent? Yes. But there is clear talent there and that the club value him. Why don’t we get behind that rather than trying to claim we know the owners thoughts or obsessing over his transfer fee. He’s a young lad with a ton of talent who just needs time to get into the new swing of things.

We’re criticising the owners for lacking patience whilst talking about writing a player off after a couple of months of sparodic appearances. Just because we perceive the owners to lack patience, doesn’t mean we as football fans have to.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 23-11-19 at 15:43.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by redandhot View Post
    I read a lot on here but don't post much at all. However this Carvalho debate tickles me. You'd think paying all that we did for him he was already good! When we are saying that a 13 million players has to come good or has potential....we're fucked and so is football. In my opinion he is just about bang average, maybe that is because he hasn't had a run of games but you've got to burst a gut to get into contention to start. I ask myself....is Carvalho happy with earning his big pay check for doing very little? His price could've bought 3 really top championship players...I feel Carvalho will never be the player most want him to be. A shame really but an even bigger shame he cost 13 million.
    Be careful mate, you'll be thrown into the "Hate Carvalho" brigade with me, Mase, and a few others

Best hope for us is that we go up, and that the more sanitized physicality in the Prem gives him a better playing environment to express himself. As it is the our current tactics & the Championship just aren't for him. Although as a character he will continuously try to improve/adapt, of that I've no doubt, so maybe they will be in time. It's just Silva's done that in 3-4 months, and we're still waiting on Carva after well over a year here. Hence it's highlighted it even more.

It's like your missus putting a brilliant romance film on like Titanic when you want to watch Commando or Predetor. Might be beautiful, supa-budget, magically romantic extravaganza, but what you need to do the job at that time is a bloke who's got some bite & shoots lots.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 23-11-19 at 11:39.