Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Betbright - another betting sponsor

Default Re: Betbright - another betting sponsor

No-one takes responsibility anymore in today's society. Weak willed people with no identity or power of will.

Too easy to blame outside influences.

I read the other day that a child has now been diagnosed as addicted to computer games. Madness.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    No-one takes responsibility anymore in today's society. Weak willed people with no identity or power of will.

Too easy to blame outside influences.

I read the other day that a child has now been diagnosed as addicted to computer games. Madness.
    My favourite is fat people blaming the food companies.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post

I blame my feet for me being fat... the fuckers keep taking me in the chippy.

The irony is, there's a weight/health problem, but there's also complaints about 'fat shaming' to the point where clothing companies are having to advertise big fatties in their clothes to represent society.

We should shame them, they're costing the NHS money the bleeders.

The irony is, there's a weight/health problem, but there's also complaints about 'fat shaming' to the point where clothing companies are having to advertise big fatties in their clothes to represent society.

We should shame them, they're costing the NHS money the bleeders.
    Did you see the backlash Cancer Research UK received a few months ago when they had posters saying obesity greatly increases your chances of getting cancer?

When medical practitioners can't give facts to the public and their patients without being accused of discrimination then you know there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I blame my feet for me being fat... the fuckers keep taking me in the chippy.
    Try having it so that it's they that then have to get it in your mouth Barry. Should slow the intake down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    Try having it so that it's they that then have to get it in your mouth Barry. Should slow the intake down anyway.
    He'll just take one off his shoulder.

Did you see the backlash Cancer Research UK received a few months ago when they had posters saying obesity greatly increases your chances of getting cancer?

When medical practitioners can't give facts to the public and their patients without being accused of discrimination then you know there's a problem.

These are the same medical practitioners who have put us all at risk by overprescribing antibiotics to the point where they are becoming ineffective. This is due to patients 'demanding' these drugs to treat conditions for which they won't do anything anyway.

Wish I could go into my local doctors and demand whatever medication I happened to think would do the trick!

These professionals need to grow a spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    These are the same medical practitioners who have put us all at risk by overprescribing antibiotics to the point where they are becoming ineffective. This is due to patients 'demanding' these drugs to treat conditions for which they won't do anything anyway.

Wish I could go into my local doctors and demand whatever medication I happened to think would do the trick!

I think they're working on it with stem cells.

They can't win either way.

If they don't do something and something adverse happens, they're under the bus.

Any medical professional that makes a mistake can look like not only losing their career, but even end up in court. I truly feel for medical professionals. Take on a job to help people, and they end up under the bus more than most.

Blame culture.

You sound like a Daily Mail comments section

They can't win either way.

If they don't do something and something adverse happens, they're under the bus.

Any medical professional that makes a mistake can look like not only losing their career, but even end up in court. I truly feel for medical professionals. Take on a job to help people, and they end up under the bus more than most.

Blame culture.
    Hear hear.

There's four bookies that I know of within a two-minute walk of my front door.

Granted I'm in zone 2 London, but from what I've seen this is pretty typical of elsewhere in the country.

The UK clearly has a gambling problem, especially in poorer areas. On the one hand, it is infinitely better to go through the bookie than the dodgy guy down the pub who sends his boys over to break your legs when you don't pay up, but on the other the constant advertisement preys on the weak-willed and people in poverty.

I personally believe in freedom of choice, the same as I do with drugs. But more stringent advertising regulations would do a lot of good.

Im not sure more stringent regs would help, it would be interesting to know how much beer and cigarette sales dropped when those were outlawed in football and other sports, i cant imagine its much.

I think what would work is not allowing them to do "offers" sign up £10 get £10 free bets etc those encourage you to start gambling and could lead to addiction, seeing 888 or Betbright on a shirt may make you use their site but wouldn't necessarily make you more inclined to bet.

The question is....

did we all start drinking more 'Shippo's' back in the late 1980s?

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    The question is....

did we all start drinking more 'Shippo's' back in the late 1980s?
    I do get very excited if I ever see a shipstones logo. Itís the only sponsor weíve had thatís stuck with me

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I do get very excited if I ever see a shipstones logo. Itís the only sponsor weíve had thatís stuck with me
    At the Ruddington Beer Festival a couple of weeks back, I made the point of having a couple of pints of Shipstones, just because.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Repton. Now that was a game. Even had its own level and asset designer. Talk about being ahead of your time!
    And a great theme tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    Bet smart win money. That's kinda my moto with gambling innit.
    That's everybody's gambling moto.

That why it's well known that the bookies always lose.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Im not sure more stringent regs would help, it would be interesting to know how much beer and cigarette sales dropped when those were outlawed in football and other sports, i cant imagine its much.
    But alcohol sponsorship wasn't outlawed. Cigarettes were, and generations who didn't grow up watching their sporting heroes advertise smoking, smoke less. Obviously not all down to those regulations, but all part of shift in attitude towards smoking that was for the best.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 14-06-18 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    But alcohol sponsorship wasn't outlawed. Cigarettes were, and generations who didn't grow up watching their sporting heroes advertise smoking, smoke less. Obviously not all down to those regulations, but all part of shift in attitude towards smoking that was for the best.
    I get what your saying and i agree that regulations should be inplace for gambling but i dont think outlawing it in sports will make any difference tbh, as i said stopping the advertisement of promotions would help, maybe limiting the number/volume/stakes people make would help like it can alcohol (although that would be so difficult to do).

Its the choice of the individual in most cases. I don't bet. Just because there was 888 on the shirt made no difference, in fact it was such a shit logo for a shirt if anything it would have put me off,
    but thats just me.
    The just culture of today's society has bred a generation of lilly livered spineless fuckwits who are attracted to bright shiny things because they can't say no..