Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delusions of grandeur . .

Default Delusions of grandeur . .

First time I've started a thread so go easy on me for now please.

I have older and younger brothers that support Liverpool so know what it's like to have delusional people nearby and one of my mates is a Spurs fan.
    Ive always had a soft spot for Spurs but I'm concerned he's turning into something like my brother's have become.

The last few seasons have given him some reason to have high expectations which is understandable, but he just messaged me off the back of the Spain boss getting sacked to say 'surely Pochettino?'
    I know he's taking the piss and I resisted the temptation to reply with 'Spain don't want to finish third!' but it's made me think they need bringing down a peg or two?

Is it just me or are they winding anyone else up?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Delusions of grandeur . .

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

The perfect first reply to my first ever thread.
    Thanks Alf

Not banned, just being a pillock

Quote Originally Posted by Daz42 View Post

I have older and younger brothers that support Liverpool so know what it's like to have delusional people nearby and one of my mates is a Spurs fan.
    Ive always had a soft spot for Spurs but I'm concerned he's turning into something like my brother's have become.

The last few seasons have given him some reason to have high expectations which is understandable, but he just messaged me off the back of the Spain boss getting sacked to say 'surely Pochettino?'
    I know he's taking the piss and I resisted the temptation to reply with 'Spain don't want to finish third!' but it's made me think they need bringing down a peg or two?

They are just another also ran in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    They are just another also ran in the premier league.
    A feeder club for Real Madrid and Manchester City.

The perfect first reply to my first ever thread.
    Thanks Alf
    Welcome aboard bud

Left Winger

I can’t stand Spurs, mostly because of Chas & Dave, the ‘91 FA Cup Final and that fat wanker Gascoigne.

Millionaire club bankrolled by a Millionaire, but sadly - for them - not one who has the resources of Abramovich or the Abu Dhabi mob who own Man City.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I can’t stand Spurs, mostly because of Chas & Dave, the ‘91 FA Cup Final and that fat wanker Gascoigne.

Millionaire club bankrolled by a Millionaire, but sadly - for them - not one who has the resources of Abramovich or the Abu Dhabi mob who own Man City.
    Joe Lewis is a multi-billionaire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Joe Lewis is a multi-billionaire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He is, but unfortunately Daniel Levy runs Spurs like Ebenezer Scrooge.

The Wand!

Out of all the London clubs I dislike Spurs the most besides West Ham.
    Their fans are similar in that they view their club to be bigger and more successful than it actually is.

They were just a decent 'Cup side' when I was growing up and haven't progressed since, but it will be interesting to see how the new stadium affects the club.
    It could push them on or could go against them, like it has for Arsenal and the Whammers.

Not that type of player

Pochettino has done a great job competing with the other top six clubs despite the financial limitations.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Pochettino has done a great job competing with the other top six clubs despite the financial limitations.
    What about Leicester City and Claudio Ranieri? Don't think anyone ever mentioned them

Seriously though, he has, but them and maybe Everton are about the only two clubs that could possibly do that and sustain it, if they got their shit together.

I always give advice & try to help members of the forum, my advice in this case would be to punch the prick in the face.

Chelsea, Millwall and the London Hammmers are all far more loathsome than Spurs in the capital. Spurs are also the least worst of the current Big Six, not that that's saying much.

Brentford, Charlton and Fulham are the only likeable London sides. QPR get a sympathy vote too as they essentially guarantee that Forest will pick up 3 points whenever we play them at home.

Agree mostly, but AFC Wimbledon are the most likeable. Probably the most likeable professional club in England.

Kingston's a trek from central London, but back in Merton next year.

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Chelsea, Millwall and the London Hammmers are all far more loathsome than Spurs in the capital. Spurs are also the least worst of the current Big Six, not that that's saying much.

Brentford, Charlton and Fulham are the only likeable London sides. QPR get a sympathy vote too as they essentially guarantee that Forest will pick up 3 points whenever we play them at home.
    Chelsea's fan base has changed drastically from a few decades ago. West Ham have always been cvnts. I don't mind Millwall, they've faced struggle, inferiority complex and media scapegoating. Survived with pride through it all. Hats off to them. I know some bellends follow them though, but they've always had respect for Forest from the dark days.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Chelsea's fan base has changed drastically from a few decades ago. West Ham have always been cvnts. I don't mind Millwall, they've faced struggle, inferiority complex and media scapegoating. Survived with pride through it all. Hats off to them. I know some bellends follow them though, but they've always had respect for Forest from the dark days.
    Funnily enough, I was sat outside my favourite coffee shop over here at the weekend, and a lad walked past, wearing a Bushwhackers T-Shirt. Which is not the kind of thing you expect to see in the middle of Stuttgart.

He was about my age, and - of course - I was rocking the garibaldi.

He gave me a nod, as he walked by.

Is that an Aussie Rules team?

Wrestling tag team

Yep. He's got them firing above where they realistically should be and he'll probably be eyeing up a new job soon if not already at a bigger club where they can realistically challenge and win a league.

I don't mind Spurs, preferable to all the other clubs in the top six for me.

.k I m
    I m u mm

I despise West Ham the most. Think they invented football and they're on tv far too much for what is a pretty awful team. Add in the Olympic Stadium fiasco too..

Has he bollocks Ravi, they are fucking dripping with money & just got a years free gig at Wembley & he still hasn’t won a pot

Champions league qualification isn’t a trophy despite what Sky try to make you believe

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Yep. He's got them firing above where they realistically should be and he'll probably be eyeing up a new job soon if not already at a bigger club where they can realistically challenge and win a league.

I don't mind Spurs, preferable to all the other clubs in the top six for me.
    That’s a bit like saying you prefer Peter Sutcliffe to Harold Shipman

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    That’s a bit like saying you prefer Peter Sutcliffe to Harold Shipman
    In the numbers game Sutters wears Shippers PJs

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    In the numbers game Sutters wears Shippers PJs
    Exactly Baz, I do me research first I don’t just post any old shite