Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The LTLF FORUM LEAGUES + LTLF CUP

Default Re: The LTLF FORUM LEAGUES + LTLF CUP

It's great stuff GBR, I keep looking (and despairing) to see how my team is doing, sometimes even trying to figure out how things will change before you update them.

When I do it would help if the people to team, the games and the tables for each division were in the same post, i.e. one division in one post rather than having to scoot up and down to find them. Does that make sense?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    It's great stuff GBR, I keep looking (and despairing) to see how my team is doing, sometimes even trying to figure out how things will change before you update them.

When I do it would help if the people to team, the games and the tables for each division were in the same post, i.e. one division in one post rather than having to scoot up and down to find them. Does that make sense?
    Hi I'm Red Till Dead,

Firstly, thank you for your words of encouragement, it's good to know this is all 'floating a boat' or two! Secondly, well done! After all this time so far you're the first person to give me any particular input on the actual user experience. I created all this and go along in my merry way often wondering if it actually 'works' for you lot.

Anyway, I think I understand what you're getting at - in trying to relate who's playing whom with regard to then which scoring teams are involved in each fixture and having to bob up and down the posts to relate the two together?

Firstly, I've always wanted to show the three divisions in one image as, no matter what division we're in, we're all in this together. I also like to think that folk take interest in the other leagues rather than just their own. Splitting the divisions up wouldn't make my number-crunching time much different but would greatly increase the time it takes for me to upload them to the imgur site and then load / present them on here.

I've never shown our 'scoring teams' on my images (tables or fixtures) as, although they are needed for this to work, it's not about them. It's you/I versus you/I not you/I versus Newport County... if you get what I mean.

BUT OF COURSE... the point of all this is enjoyment and I'm all for maximising that wherever I can. Would I be right in thinking it would help yours if the 'Forthcoming Fixtures' and 'Latest Results' images showed both our user names and our scoring teams? That way you're only bobbing from post #2 to post #3?

At the moment the way my templates are set up all the text on them has to be in the same font ie, I'd have to have 'I'M RED TILL DEAD PORTSMOUTH' instead of 'I'M RED TILL DEAD PORTSMOUTH'. But I'm already on the case and think I know a good way of changing this so my templates are still as easy to use but present what you'd like without it all looking cluttered / cumbersome.

I'll be working on this to try and get it ready for this weekend. Thanks again for your thoughts, hope what I come up with will do the job for you!

Cheers,
    GBR

P.S. Can I ask, what is your avatar showing? No matter how long I may stare at it I still can't make out what it is!

Last edited by Garry-Balding Red; 13-03-19 at 10:29.

Sky Plus Me

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    Thanks Harvey - though try as I might I can't make sense of the start of your 2nd sentence there!
    Haha I've amended it

Fancy your chances for the cup?
    It'll be a tense semi-final for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Haha I've amended it
    Ah yes - makes sense now... and thanks again.

It'll be a tense semi-final for sure
    Certainly will. So far you've proceeded to the Semi by being the first to score in your fixtures. Could you be the first team to win the cup without ever actually winning a game?! lol.

Reminds me of that quiz question - which team won the FA Cup and never scored a goal?

Have to say that sometimes, if it weren't for rockabilly and Wes, I could quite believe nobody was actually paying much attention!
    Im all over it every week, its just the shame of being in the bottom three that stops me commenting. Past Champion and all that.

Top work though Gaz.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Im all over it every week, its just the shame of being in the bottom three that stops me commenting. Past Champion and all that.

Top work though Gaz.
    Cheers MASE.

Re: your flirting with relegation, you could try doing what I did last season (when spending most of the time in 12th place till the drop put me out of my misery) and make a joke of it - see my posts about sending my goalkeeper out on loan and using his guide dog between the sticks instead.

After all, what does it matter? Lady luck will have her fun with us anyway.

Along with Forest, I'm always checking the Stevenage latest score.

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Along with Forest, I'm always checking the Stevenage latest score.
    Yes rocka', I've never been so aware as how teams are getting on in Leagues 1 & 2 as I have since I started this.

Perhaps *#!~$!% Sky should be forced to do something like this instead of being allowed to ignore the roots of a sport that makes them rich?

Hi I'm Red Till Dead,

Firstly, thank you for your words of encouragement, it's good to know this is all 'floating a boat' or two! Secondly, well done! After all this time so far you're the first person to give me any particular input on the actual user experience. I created all this and go along in my merry way often wondering if it actually 'works' for you lot.

Anyway, I think I understand what you're getting at - in trying to relate who's playing whom with regard to then which scoring teams are involved in each fixture and having to bob up and down the posts to relate the two together?

Firstly, I've always wanted to show the three divisions in one image as, no matter what division we're in, we're all in this together. I also like to think that folk take interest in the other leagues rather than just their own. Splitting the divisions up wouldn't make my number-crunching time much different but would greatly increase the time it takes for me to upload them to the imgur site and then load / present them on here.

I've never shown our 'scoring teams' on my images (tables or fixtures) as, although they are needed for this to work, it's not about them. It's you/I versus you/I not you/I versus Newport County... if you get what I mean.

BUT OF COURSE... the point of all this is enjoyment and I'm all for maximising that wherever I can. Would I be right in thinking it would help yours if the 'Forthcoming Fixtures' and 'Latest Results' images showed both our user names and our scoring teams? That way you're only bobbing from post #2 to post #3?

At the moment the way my templates are set up all the text on them has to be in the same font ie, I'd have to have 'I'M RED TILL DEAD PORTSMOUTH' instead of 'I'M RED TILL DEAD PORTSMOUTH'. But I'm already on the case and think I know a good way of changing this so my templates are still as easy to use but present what you'd like without it all looking cluttered / cumbersome.

I'll be working on this to try and get it ready for this weekend. Thanks again for your thoughts, hope what I come up with will do the job for you!

Cheers,
    GBR

P.S. Can I ask, what is your avatar showing? No matter how long I may stare at it I still can't make out what it is!
    Hi GBR,

Yes putting the underlying team against the forum name would be fine for what I'm after, that way I cam wasily get an idea what score to apply against my score come 5 o'clock or whenever when my impatience gets the better of me :O)

I used to do a cartoon for a few family members based mostly around pictures of my cats and their imagined lives. The cats were the G and the T in the title. The avatar was the starting image for this cartoon which was done when the World cup was on. Sadly, The cat in the picture, the G of G&T isn't with us anymore.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi GBR,

Yes putting the underlying team against the forum name would be fine for what I'm after, that way I cam wasily get an idea what score to apply against my score come 5 o'clock or whenever when my impatience gets the better of me :O)
    Right-o IRTD, I'll be having a play around tonight, looking for my easiest solution.

I used to do a cartoon for a few family members based mostly around pictures of my cats and their imagined lives. The cats were the G and the T in the title. The avatar was the starting image for this cartoon which was done when the World cup was on. Sadly, The cat in the picture, the G of G&T isn't with us anymore.
    lol. That's cleared that up for me then after much musing what was actually in the pic. Different to those of Harvey and Thomas - I can see what they are but have no idea what they signify / mean.

Right-o IRTD, I'll be having a play around tonight, looking for my easiest solution.

lol. That's cleared that up for me then after much musing what was actually in the pic. Different to those of Harvey and Thomas - I can see what they are but have no idea what they signify / mean.
    Thanks GBR I'll try and keep an eye out for the changes.

FOR: I'm Red Till Dead

NEW STYLE 'Forthcoming Fixtures' image now showing - hope this enhances your fun, took just over 3 hours to create new template!

'Latest Results' image will convert to this style on Saturdays update.

FOR: I'm Red Till Dead

NEW STYLE 'Forthcoming Fixtures' image now showing - hope this enhances your fun, took just over 3 hours to create new template!

'Latest Results' image will convert to this style on Saturdays update.
    Thanks GBR that looks great. Now I know what scores to look out for. Sorry it took you so long to do.

Thanks GBR that looks great. Now I know what scores to look out for. Sorry it took you so long to do.
    Good, good.

I create all the images in a PhotoDeluxe program that came free with my first 'modern' computer back in 1998. Ever since then when buying a newer computer I've had to jump through many, many hoops to get it to work but I refuse to give up till it does. When it finally does I'm never quite sure exactly how I managed it but, hey-ho, each time it's two fingers up at the 'we've decided to make you buy a new one' computer industry. 21 yrs and they ain't beaten me yet!

Looking good, GBR, nice one.

Tables up after Game 16.
    Game 17 fixtures up for next Sat 23rd March.

LTLF CUP SEMI-FINALS:
    Thomas finally has to release his grip on the cup... it's an all DIV 2 FINAL! See Post #4 for results.

** 6 GAMES TO GO **
    A lot of draws again today....

geordieforest increases his lead in Div 1 as Wes and Andy! draw.
    rockabilly gets a bit of breathing space after a 1-0 win.

It's 'AS YOU WERE' position-wise in Div 2 as only bottom two win!

In Div 3, Wazza continues his rise from nowhere into 3rd place as puds1970 takes an unexpected pasting.

"Sometimes...all I need is the air that I breathe..."

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    "Sometimes...all I need is the air that I breathe..."
    Whey-hey... it's 'sing-along-a-rocky' time.

Nice one sunbeam.

Whey-hey... it's 'sing-along-a-rocky' time.

Nice one sunbeam.

Tables up after Game 17.
    Game 18 fixtures up for next Sat 30th March.

I have now removed the (P)'s and (R)'s denoting last seasons promotions and relegations.

** 5 GAMES TO GO **
    And it's all getting tense...

geordieforest draws with Wes but stays top of Div 1. Andy! wins and closes up on him.

In Div 2, redforest is on track for second promotion on the trot after beating uredsuns who remains 2nd.

In Div 3, Keith and jervine both draw but remain 1st & 2nd.
    Wazza's charge into a promotion place falters and, so tight is the leagues, drops to 8th.
    puds1970 recovers well from last weeks hefty loss to take back 3rd spot.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Amazing work, GBR, loving the honours board.

Team Andy! Really need to push for that extra place this year.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Big weekend 1st v 2nd and 3rd v 4th, Gary's Great Gaturday Goccer.

Sky Plus Me

Hoping to come away with some silverware

Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    Amazing work, GBR, loving the honours board.

Team Andy! Really need to push for that extra place this year.
    Cheers Andy, the Hall of Fame adds more purpose to it all I feel.
    After missing out on GD last time you're right up there and in with a chance again. Your 'push' could become a mighty shove next game against geordieforest, though it remains to be seen in which direction mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Big weekend 1st v 2nd and 3rd v 4th, Gary's Great Gaturday Goccer.
    Whey-hey! Good Going Ges! Yes pal, it's a biggy alright. Fat lady not clearing her throat just yet but she is trying her frock on ready.

Hoping to come away with some silverware
    You're certainly 'up fut cup' Harvey with Cup Final against East Stand due Saturday 13th April. What ticket allocation will you be needing? Can you fill a milk float?