Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwion Edwards

Default Gwion Edwards

Welsh Wizard.

Trying to raid Posh dry.

Ourselves , Bristol City & Ipswich showing interest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Gwion Edwards

Rather Maddison. But I notice he's part of that agency that GBG said Marinakis has been getting close to.

Really ? I didn't know that. Hmmmm

I'm trying to work out the logic and what he would bring. He looks to cut in from the left on his right foot. Lolley can do it who we keeping. Don't think this guy can play 10 can he ?

Cash to me is either right side or centre-mid for me.

Do you think it will be Soudani and Maddison or one of them. Left-foot who cuts in from the right.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 16-05-18 at 22:18.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Really ?

I'm trying to work out the logic and what he would bring. He looks to cut in from the left on his right foot. Lolley can do it who we keeping. Don't think this guy can play 10 can he ?

Cash to me is either right side or centre-mid for me.

Do you think it will be Soudani and Maddison or one of them. Left-foot who cuts in from the right.
    Maddison's numbers are very impressive and have been for 3 or 4 seasons. I confess I've seen very little of Edwards but his goals and assists aren't as impressive.

I think Maddison is a good option either cutting in from the right, as a winger on the left or as a 10. In my mind it's him as a 10, Lolley left and Soudani right behind a good number 9.

Out of the players linked from Peterborough I'd rather we sign Maddison, wouldn't mind Marriott although I'd rather someone who has scored decently at this level. If we were to sign all three of them as our main attacking targets I'd feel pretty underwhelmed I think.

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Maddison's numbers are very impressive and have been for 3 or 4 seasons. I confess I've seen very little of Edwards but his goals and assists aren't as impressive.

I think Maddison is a good option either cutting in from the right, as a winger on the left or as a 10. In my mind it's him as a 10, Lolley left and Soudani right behind a good number 9.

Out of the players linked from Peterborough I'd rather we sign Maddison, wouldn't mind Marriott although I'd rather someone who has scored decently at this level. If we were to sign all three of them as our main attacking targets I'd feel pretty underwhelmed I think.
    Would go the same route.

If we going to spend a decent sum on a CF and you look at experience of our squad in this division we ideally need someone who has scored Championship goals.

So lets take the risk of Soudani/Maddison but get Grabban/Rhodes/Hernandez (pipe dream)

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Would go the same route.

If we going to spend a decent sum on a CF and you look at experience of our squad in this division we ideally need someone who has scored Championship goals.

So lets take the risk of Soudani/Maddison but get Grabban/Rhodes/Hernandez (pipe dream)
    I'm also hoping there will be a couple of wildcards thrown in from Spain and/or a loan or two from United and Real!

Sign him up.

He's Welsh - and with a name like Gwion (gwee-yon) I imagine he's a fellow Welsh speaker! That'll do for me.

Apparently he's from Lanbedr Pont Steffan (Lampeter in English) . According to an article I've just read is a Welsh speaker, but then the same article says David Vaughan is too but I don't think I've seen evidence of that.

Oh and he can play football too - that's always good.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Psycho's Dragon; 17-05-18 at 00:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho's Dragon View Post
    Sign him up.

He's Welsh - and with a name like Gwion (gwee-yon) I imagine he's a fellow Welsh speaker! That'll do for me.

Apparently he's from Lanbedr Pont Steffan. According to an article I've just read is a Welsh speaker, but then the same article says David Vaughan is too but I don't think I've seen evidence of that.

https://youtu.be/8fC-ykPLV_o

I half expected that - I am lazy and probably forgetful as it does ring a bell that interview!

To be fair you don't hear much from Vaughan in any language - at least that's my impression.

I did look for a similar interview for Gwion but found none. Maybe he'll do one once he gets another call up after dazzling for Forest next season!

Rather Maddison. But I notice he's part of that agency that GBG said Marinakis has been getting close to.
    He is set to be offered a new deal at Peterborough.

I think it's fairly obvious what's going on and the agent all but confirms it. Just drumming up interest to put a few pounds on the new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post

I think it's fairly obvious what's going on
    Still not sure who's Gwion.

Giggs picks a 50-man Wales squad and leaves Gwion out. C'mon Giggsy.

Bad girls do it well

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Still not sure who's Gwion.
    I think we're trying to sign Huw Edwards

Miserable bastard

I wouldn't be opposed to this. Very different kind of player to Maddison, Edwards is more about energy and effort and was actually looking like more of a key player for Posh at the start of the season, when he was popping up with key goals from midfield, most of which were from well-timed runs, arriving late in the box.

In fact, Posh's faltering play-off run coincided with an injury to Gwion and neither really got back on track afterwards - he returned to the Posh team when it was too late to make a difference.

Sign him up.

Apparently he's from Lanbedr Pont Steffan (Lampeter in English) . According to an article I've just read is a Welsh speaker, but then the same article says David Vaughan is too but I don't think I've seen evidence of that.

Gwion is the most Welsh sounding name I have ever heard. Definitely the sort who speaks English in the bar until an English person comes in, then starts speaking Welsh.

Looking st his name I always imagined his real name is Edward. Someone once shouted 'G'won Edward'. Someone mistook his name for Gwion Edwards and he never dared correct anyone.

I just keep thinking of this

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Gwion is the most Welsh sounding name I have ever heard. Definitely the sort who speaks English in the bar until an English person comes in, then starts speaking Welsh.
    Happened to us in Porthmadog Snowdonia, they didnt speak Welsh, they just stopped talking altogether. American Werewolf style.

Some Nortrh Welsh can be ignorant as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Happened to us in Porthmadog Snowdonia, they didnt speak Welsh, they just stopped talking altogether. American Werewolf style.

Some Nortrh Welsh can be ignorant as fuck.
    When I used to cover North Wales I got loads of that and conversely in the south they have always been spot on and I would say that generally speaking, the people I have known from the south are the most passionately Welsh.

Bad girls do it well

A handy man to have if the squad get attacked by jellyfish - just Gwion the sting

Aye - I know how he feels - bet nobody can pronounce his name properly either! He could be my brother, only my actual brother's name is even more Welsh than Gwion!

Nothing wrong with a secret language you're just jealous you don't have one!

On a completely different note during broadcast of the Royal Wedding at the weekend. Hugh Edwards was speaking to a Welsh lady and at the end he signed off by speaking to her in Welsh and I thought it a lovely gesture and made her feel a bit special.

Bad girls do it well

It kind of reminds me of 'Qui-Gon' as in Qui-Gon Jinn from the Phantom Menace

Aye - I know how he feels - bet nobody can pronounce his name properly either! He could be my brother, only my actual brother's name is even more Welsh than Gwion!

Nothing wrong with a secret language you're just jealous you don't have one!

It happened to my Dad years ago when he was on holiday there. When I was a kid we visited Mid Wales as my mum has a friend there. It is really strange round there. The locals are absolutely nuts!! Joking a side all the Welsh blokes I know are the nicest people you could ask to meet. Sound sound fellas.

It happened to my Dad years ago when he was on holiday there. When I was a kid we visited Mid Wales as my mum has a friend there. It is really strange round there. The locals are absolutely nuts!! Joking a side all the Welsh blokes I know are the nicest people you could ask to meet. Sound sound fellas.
    Shared a flat in the 60s with a bloke from Merthyr for a few years. Best man at my wedding and still in touch. Lovely chap.