Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,301 to 1,323 of 1323

Thread: The Aitor Karanka Appreciation Thread

Default Re: The Aitor Karanka Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    To make a decent omelette you break a few eggs.
    Absolutely, although in keeping with the thread content, Ive researched the dislike per post stat (Dpp) only to find Ive outdone you & Alf.

Mase : 91

Alf : 98

Baz : 126

Back of the fag packet, but work to do to redress this Mate. There'll also doubtless be someone come in & Donald the lot of us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Absolutely, although in keeping with the thread content, Ive researched the dislike per post stat (Dpp) only to find Ive outdone you & Alf.

Back of the fag packet, but work to do to redress this Mate. There'll also doubtless be someone come in & Donald the lot of us.

We need more dislikers!

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Shit threads like these and the various other ones are the foundation of what we all know is gonna happen come November time.
    And we know who’ll be biting their tongue not to jump on the bandwagon for fear of being labelled a hypocrite...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Am I allowed two because I think I also own the SOD love in.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Of that, there can be no doubt
    Yes, George Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Those who fail to learn lessons from past mistakes are doomed to repeat them.
    And only fools expect different outcomes when you continue to do the same thing!

I can't wait for the summer, I wanna see what's going to happen to us over the break. I don't want next season to be a dougie mk2, especially as he will probably spend quite a bit.

Just relaxing reading though all of the additions to this thread today after a long hard day at work - very enjoyable but do none of you lot work? It started with a super early morning missive from Alf to set minds working - many non believers look to have accepted that the summer is going to be interesting because we now have a manager with clout, an owner with cash and a set up behind the scenes which seems to be part of a plan rather than the scatter gun approach of previous years. Roll on next season we are going to rip it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    It's very simple. Some people didn't want Warburton sacked, and as a result have struggled to accept his replacement and have been trying to prove that Warburton was superior to Karanka despite both managers having very similar records.

Which is fine, knock yourselves out. But it does seem to me rather pointless as Warburton won't be coming back.
    I think that the point is that in the absence of anything satisfying coming out of Forest, the next best thing is to revel in the Karma that results from hating a manager and eventually seeing him get the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post

I got 120 in one day from tutts... nobody will take that record off me.

Once again highlighting a few things to what Karanka believes in. If you believe in Karanka you better start really believing in the players he believes in.

Starts off talking about Cash but I liked the fact he speaks of possibly playing 3 at the back.
    Again he also talks about good players being adaptable and versatile.

It is important because he (Cash) is a very good player. He is one of those players who transmits good things to his teammates.

He is full of power, he is always trying to do his best and with players like him on the pitch, the other players all try to do the same things.

He is important. It is important to have players like him, whether he plays from the start or comes on to play the final 20 minutes.

For me he is a very good winger. Sometimes we will play, in the future, with three central defenders and, when you want to do that, if you want to be more offensive, he can be a good option as a wing back or full back.

Next season, when I have six weeks to prepare for the season and to train with the players, we will know them better.

Maybe he can play on the left as well, because when you are a good player, you can play in different positions.

Not that type of player

I’ve always said Cash had all the attributes to make a good wing back. Osborn would be better in that role too rather than as a full back.

I wonder if Karanka will give three at the back a go in the remaining games, with MM or JW coming in. With Dawson probably joining in the summer Aitor will have plenty of centre backs to choose from assuming only Hobbs leaves.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

If we're playing a three, I wonder whether Fox would get the left sided gig & whether that would signal a return to the positional issues he had at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Once again highlighting a few things to what Karanka believes in. If you believe in Karanka you better start really believing in the players he believes in.

Starts off talking about Cash but I liked the fact he speaks of possibly playing 3 at the back.
    Again he also talks about good players being adaptable and versatile.
    The two things missing for Cash's game is a bit of vision, he runs into so many dead-ends, and bit more understanding of the defensive role of a winger/wing-back. He gets back quick enough but he's often in the wrong place which pulls the central defender out too far.

But if he can crack those defecienceies - one is about experience, the other can be learned - he'll be a great player, so much energy and so direct.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I’ve always said Cash had all the attributes to make a good wing back. Osborn would be better in that role too rather than as a full back.

I wonder if Karanka will give three at the back a go in the remaining games, with MM or JW coming in. With Dawson probably joining in the summer Aitor will have plenty of centre backs to choose from assuming only Hobbs leaves.
    Tobi and Worrall with the Scottish Beckenbauer sweeping behind and pinging diamonds with his wand of a left foot.

In all seriousness though Connor Coady played in the centre of Wolves' back three this season and he played as a ball playing sweeper or 'libero' to great effect. First time I've probably ever seen a sweeper used not on grainy YouTube footage.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    In all seriousness though Connor Coady played in the centre of Wolves' back three this season and he played as a ball playing sweeper or 'libero' to great effect. First time I've probably ever seen a sweeper used not on grainy YouTube footage.
    If you want some non-grainy footage, search out some clips of Matthias Sammer in the 90s.

He was probably the best Sweeper since Beckenbauer, and a massive part of Germany’s Euro96 Win.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    If you want some non-grainy footage, search out some clips of Matthias Sammer in the 90s.

He was probably the best Sweeper since Beckenbauer, and a massive part of Germany’s Euro96 Win.
    I will do that. Still slightly early for me, my football memories start around about World Cup 98. Although I do remember Paul Scholes' England debut in 1997 against South Africa for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

Sammer was fantastic.

After Sammer retired, Germany deployed Matthaus as a sweeper but his legs were clearly gone. Resulting in his retirement and a pathetic Euro 2000 exit, with so many other ageing players.

The following year, in 2001, Germany suffered the embarrassing 5-1 home defeat to England. That was the catalyst for Germany to say enough is enough and they rebuilt their whole system, with Jurgen Klinsmann having a major influence over that.

No surprise Germany are now flourishing with incredible youth talent and it didn't take them all that long really. In World Cup 2006 they'd already started to show the signs they were going to be a force again.

Full credit to them. They know how to spot problems and address them quickly.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Sammer was fantastic.

After Sammer retired, Germany deployed Matthaus as a sweeper but his legs were clearly gone. Resulting in his retirement and a pathetic Euro 2000 exit, with so many other ageing players.

The following year, in 2001, Germany suffered the embarrassing 5-1 home defeat to England. That was the catalyst for Germany to say enough is enough and they rebuilt their whole system, with Jurgen Klinsmann having a major influence over that.

No surprise Germany are now flourishing with incredible youth talent and it didn't take them all that long really. In World Cup 2006 they'd already started to show the signs they were going to be a force again.

Perhaps their FA are more focused on what’s good for the National Team without being distracted by the obscene amounts of money being waved at them from their top division?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Sammer was fantastic.

If i remember correctly i read that Germany wanted to win the world cup on home soil so the foundations for that 2006 progress would have been in place from whenever they were granted it.

Not that type of player

I know it was at that other club, but Clough and Taylor employed an apparently over the hill Dave Mackay as sweeper to great effect.

If i remember correctly i read that Germany wanted to win the world cup on home soil so the foundations for that 2006 progress would have been in place from whenever they were granted it.
    That was definitely part of it.

Germany somehow scrambled their way into the 2002 World Cup Final with one of the worst teams I've ever seen get there.

It was mostly team spirit, the leadership of Kahn and Ballack, and Klose's finishing ability. I can't remember anyone else doing anything.

What are we suggesting here, that Aitor Karankster fuchs off and manages Germany?