Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 374 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Aitor Karanka Appriciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Seeing those names, looks like he goes for two types, people who can brings others in to play, and people who have a reputation for putting it in the net. Nugent and Negredo the first type, Rhodes and Vossen the latter. I really don't remember much about Kike at all.
    I think all 5 share very similar traits though so you can definitely see his preference in striker, Gestede a bit different but even still you can see the thought behind him, still scores plenty in patches and brings others in to play

I like the Hemed suggestion if that's the route we're going down. I think Mitrovic is proving he's a step above the Championship at the moment, that could be because Fulham are a step above as well though. Ulloa is another one worth mentioning in that bracket, if he can play regular football again I think he'd reach double figures for a season at this level.

Edit: The one thing I would say is I still think we'd need an inside forward type like Bamford or Stuani were at Boro to complement that kind of centre forward.

Last edited by Heffing Psycho!; 15-03-18 at 13:07.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The Aitor Karanka Appreciation Thread

Ulloa is fantastic, can lead a line, is deceptively good with his feet and more mobile than you'd expect him to be.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Ulloa is fantastic, can lead a line, is deceptively good with his feet and more mobile than you'd expect him to be.
    Chance of us signing him?

Also, with the players we already have here on loan and will be looking to buy, the wage bill is gonna take a massive hike with that level of player here.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 15-03-18 at 13:14.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    I think all 5 share very similar traits though so you can definitely see his preference in striker, Gestede a bit different but even still you can see the thought behind him, still scores plenty in patches and brings others in to play

I like the Hemed suggestion if that's the route we're going down. I think Mitrovic is proving he's a step above the Championship at the moment, that could be because Fulham are a step above as well though. Ulloa is another one worth mentioning in that bracket, if he can play regular football again I think he'd reach double figures for a season at this level.

Edit: The one thing I would say is I still think we'd need an inside forward type like Bamford or Stuani were at Boro to complement that kind of centre forward.
    In AK's system the inside forwards and the number ten are the main goal providers, so I agree that he won't be just relying on the lone striker.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Don't see why not, he went to Brighton on loan in Jan and still can't get in there, he's been wanting out of Leicester for a while now and he probably wont get regular football in the Premier League anymore.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    The threads first controversial question. Why the uncertainty?
    You just never know with Forest. A couple of dodgy/undeserved results and the knives will be out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Not that type of player

Also, with the players we already have here on loan and will be looking to buy, the wage bill is gonna take a massive hike with that level of player here.
    The recouped wages of Hobbs and Vaughan will easily pay for a top quality striker.

Impressive member

There is much to be hopeful about. No manager comes here to fail but I get the feeling this one has everything it takes to succeed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

how many aston villa players will become available if they go up? as i dont see many being able to cut it is the prem?

It's hard to know what type of budget we're going to go with.

I get the feeling we won't be afraid to spend a bit if deemed appropriate/necessary.

I guess it just goes down to whether we want proven quality, like Hemed, Ulloa, or another deemed unwanted by a Prem club.

Or we go abroad for someone showing something, who will probably be cheaper, but less tried in England. Which carries a greater risk/reward.

European football is an odd one, because some clubs command large fees at other times, you get absolute bargains. Ulloa for instance cost Brighton £2m and the got £8m in return.

What's Real Sociedad's financial outlook? They have a guy called Willian Jose who looks to be the business. 26yr old, 6'1 and an ever improving scoring record.

Don't see why not, he went to Brighton on loan in Jan and still can't get in there, he's been wanting out of Leicester for a while now and he probably wont get regular football in the Premier League anymore.
    This is where Hulkl bollocks me for bringing reality into dreams again

He cost Brighton 1m just to see out the season for 4 months. That's over 60k/wk

Are we really gonna jump to those levels? AND pay a fee out too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    The recouped wages of Hobbs and Vaughan will easily pay for a top quality striker.
    I'd have thought that would have gone towards Tomlin/Colback/Tobias/additional defenders tbh.

I think we're way more likely to land someone who's wage bracket is

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 15-03-18 at 13:30.

I would have said Benik Afobe as he wasn't getting a look in at Bournemouth, but seems Wolves will have him back.
    i dont see them keeping him if they go up, unless he hits the form he did the last time he was there, a decent bid may get him in the summer

What's Real Sociedad's financial outlook? They have a guy called Willian Jose who looks to be the business. 26yr old, 6'1 and an ever improving scoring record.
    Funny you mention Sociedad I was thinking about one of their strikers. No chance we'd get Willian Jose, he'd cost a shit load I think, he's really highly rated. I was thinking about their other striker Agirretxe, he's not playing as much this season because of Willian Jose but he's in the same vein as the likes of Hemed and Ulloa.

Not that type of player

I'd have thought that would have gone towards Tomlin/Colback/Tobias/additional defenders tbh.
    Hobbs or Vaughan haven't left yet. That money will be available in the summer.

In order to compete we need a highish wage budget. There is no way around that simple reality.

Colback might be out of our range.

Last edited by Ravi; 15-03-18 at 13:32.

How the funk do you pronounce Agirretxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    In order to compete we need a highish wage budget. There is no way around that simple reality.

Colback might be out of our range.
    If Colback is out our range Ully defo is. Brighton are forking out over 60k/wk to keep him there at the mo.

I can't see him costing a fortune really, Brighton have a buying option but I dunno whether they'll activate it, he's not getting much football there.

We know we need a striker and if the owners want promotion they'll have to pay for a decent one.

How the funk do you pronounce Agirretxe.
    Aggiretchay

I can't see him costing a fortune really, Brighton have a buying option but I dunno whether they'll activate it, he's not getting much football there.

We know we need a striker and if the owners want promotion they'll have to pay for a decent one.
    See above mate. Think he'd be in the 3-5m transfer fee range, but want high wages (60k/wk is what it's cost Brighton to get him there).

Not impossible, but when you factor Colback, Tomlin and other additions - plus folk we've already added like Pep, I'd be surprised if they didn't look elsewhere tbh.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1982 View Post
    i dont see them keeping him if they go up, unless he hits the form he did the last time he was there, a decent bid may get him in the summer
    Think he's on loan with a view to a perm deal in the Summer. Difficult to see that going tits up to be fair.

Not that type of player

As in January, I expect we'll see a mixture of good value signings from abroad and a few inevitably overpriced players from the domestic leagues.

Could make Hemed more available.

He'd be ideal for us I think. Takes pressure off Brereton too, who'd have a lot of opportunity to use his energy in the last 20 too.

See above mate. Think he's be in the 3-5m transfer fee range, but want high wages (60k/wk is what it's cost Brighton to get him there).

Not impossible, but when you factor Colback, Tomlin and other additions - plus folk we've already added like Pep, I'd be surprised if they didn't look elsewhere tbh.
    Yeah you could be right, I suppose it depends on whether he wants to play football or not; sit on his arse until Summer 2019 at Leicester collecting his £60k or go and play somewhere for 2 or 3 seasons and perhaps earn a bit less but actually play.

Best served cold

This is completely different to going on about Stuart Pearce and demanding fans only hope to finish 14th

I do think there will be wiggle room with the wage budget but obviously not crazy spending. The new board seems more creative in their approach to transfers so it will intriguing to see what happens. Wouldn't be surprised to see us competing more with the top end Championship clubs.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

If Colback is out our range Ully defo is. Brighton are forking out over 60k/wk to keep him there at the mo.
    Colback is apparently on 72k/week at Newcastle and we are covering half of that. It would take some financial jiggerypokery for him to be here next season.
    We could however get someone like Ulloa on loan next season and cover half his wages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk