Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: The Travel Tips thread

Riga and Tallinn are really underrated capitals in Eastern Europe. Cheap beer, classic architecture and gorgeous women. Flights to get there are usually pretty reasonable too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Riga and Tallinn are really underrated capitals in Eastern Europe. Cheap beer, classic architecture and gorgeous women. Flights to get there are usually pretty reasonable too.
    Stag party central though.

Freddie is far too refined for that

Warp Speed Chic

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post

Freddie is far too miserable for that
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post

Freddie is far too refined for that
    Riga is a hipster capital of Europe though. Huge range of vegan restaurants, nice music scene and loads of Russian-only Communist-themed bars... Kaņepes Kultūras Centrs (KKC) is reason enough to visit, probably my favourite bar in that part of the world. Definitely don't remember seeing any stag dos when I visited in Winter

Warp Speed Chic

Riga was on the list but it didn't too well.

Have no idea why. It's not massively tempting to me, but then, I was sure Lisbon was going to win.

Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Riga is a hipster capital of Europe though. Huge range of vegan restaurants, nice music scene and loads of Russian-only Communist-themed bars... Kaņepes Kultūras Centrs (KKC) is reason enough to visit, probably my favourite bar in that part of the world. Definitely don't remember seeing any stag dos when I visited in Winter
    Hmmm.....

Then you've been lucky. I remember it got to the point where they were going to officially ban "stag do's" altogether due to the amount of trouble they were getting. However, I agree that any of the Baltic States capitals are well worth a visit.

Warp Speed Chic

Well I was coming around to the idea of Warsaw. Decent hotel was available for a bargain price less than 100 metres to two really high rated craft beer bars.

Neon Museum, Old Town, Warsaw uprising museum, enough there for a weekend away.

Then a lad that was coming with us went radio silent for the whole weekend. Apparently there's a problem with his car. Nothing to do with him spending Friday looking at alternatives all of a sudden.

Now what with all the Brexit stuff I'm prepared to give up. If anyone wants to go to Warsaw for a beer, let me know.