Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,251 to 1,259 of 1259

Default Re: Summer 2018 transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Nixon's two pennies worth:

'FOREST. Looks like Mendes now sees the club as this season's Championship project ... so that means any of his clients linked have to be taken seriously.'
    I was thinking the other day, it will be interesting to see how much Wolves spend with him from their Prem TV cash... because, from an agent's point of view, it could be a great repeating business model, help a championship club reach the pot of gold and then take a big share of it.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Makes a nice change to the start of the season actually looking like serious contenders.

Certainly seems like a good time to strike looking at the competition coming down and those around us if we are to spend big.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    If our two Portuguese lads are half as good as the young Portuguese players at the World Cup, we're on a winner. If they're not, we're not.

Just fence sitting.
    I'm with you on the fence sitting Valspoodle.

Regardless of how much a player costs, until they've got games under the belt and are proving their worth I'll not get excited about any signing. There's too many possibilities that need proving or disproving first. They could be good but lazy, only performing if the whole side is doing well. They could be good but find they just don't like being here and want out. They could just turn out to be not that good / not suited to championship football.

To my mind, the one position for which if you buy good you know you'll get good is the goalkeeper. A goalkeeper, good or otherwise, won't underperform their ability. If they're not good enough it's because they really aren't good enough rather than being lazy, disinterested or any other of the reasons that so readily affect out-field players.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry-Balding Red View Post
    I'm with you on the fence sitting Valspoodle.

Regardless of how much a player costs, until they've got games under the belt and are proving their worth I'll not get excited about any signing. There's too many possibilities that need proving or disproving first. They could be good but lazy, only performing if the whole side is doing well. They could be good but find they just don't like being here and want out. They could just turn out to be not that good / not suited to championship football.

To my mind, the one position for which if you buy good you know you'll get good is the goalkeeper. A goalkeeper, good or otherwise, won't underperform their ability. If they're not good enough it's because they really aren't good enough rather than being lazy, disinterested or any other of the reasons that so readily affect out-field players.
    As long as this tit is nowhere near foreign signings......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    If our two Portuguese lads are half as good as the young Portuguese players at the World Cup, we're on a winner. If they're not, we're not.

Just fence sitting.
    Confucious say " Man who sits on fence gets splinters in arse".
    The old Sinister nerves are a bit twitchy at the moment.
    We are betting the house on getting promotion... but at the moment we have not yet:
    1 Secured the services of a top-notch goalkeeper;
    2 Secured the services of a natural left back (although if we are going to play 3 at the back we have 3 good centre backs);
    3 Secured the services of a really good right back;
    4 Secured the services of a really good striker;
    There is still time to go, but time and tide wait for no man (as my old Grannie was fond of saying).

Edit: plus we don't seem to have shed any more of the make-weight players in the squad...

WallBangerz

Looks like he's having a rectal examination in that picture

You'd like to think the additions of Carvalho and Goncalves will draw the attention of some of our targets.

But yeah, we definitely still need a GK, LB, RB, CM and ST.

Ultimately, as much as we want our business done early, sometimes you can't. Some players we want won't be available until the market gets moving, it's just the way it works.

I imagine we'll move on a lot of our unwanted players when the market is in full swing with a week or so left.

I imagine the Colback move will go down towards the end of the window.

My biggest concern is LB and RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Looks like he's having a rectal examination in that picture
    If I had it my way he’d be having a permanent rectal exam by large men named bubba and killer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    You'd like to think the additions of Carvalho and Goncalves will draw the attention of some of our targets.

But yeah, we definitely still need a GK, LB, RB, CM and ST.

Ultimately, as much as we want our business done early, sometimes you can't. Some players we want won't be available until the market gets moving, it's just the way it works.

I imagine we'll move on a lot of our unwanted players when the market is in full swing with a week or so left.

I imagine the Colback move will go down towards the end of the window.

My biggest concern is LB and RB.
    It seems the manager is on the exact wavelength

Forest have a host of targets, including former loan signings Jack Colback, Costel Pantilimon and Lee Tomlin, while Karanka also hopes to see them add at least one, if not two strikers, a right-back, a left-back and, potentially, another midfielder, particularly if a deal cannot be struck to bring Colback back to the club.