Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fawaz vs Marinakis

The Foam Hand

Default Re: Fawaz vs Marinakis

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    What's Fazza going to do with the other £4.19 million?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Late bid for Notts County

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Speaking of the Sadpies, despite their club dropping out of the FL, and seemingly in limbo over its ownership, the Saddies are obsessing about this on their forum, unsurprisingly.

New ollerton and trust me, it's no better than the old one

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Speaking of the Sadpies, despite their club dropping out of the FL, and seemingly in limbo over its ownership, the Saddies are obsessing about this on their forum, unsurprisingly.
    That fawaz might have a spare plum to buy them with?

COYR

Originally Posted by Carnero https://bit.ly/2LVWO8R
    Don't know how anyone can look at that squad and say "Forest will definitely be up there" like I've read from some on here!

10th at best.

Not that I condemn it in anyway but surely there are cheaper alternatives for big bastard, then sending fatwaz a gurt cheque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Marinakis, Stan Collymore, RB Leipzig, Sean O'Driscoll and the guy off Twitter that got called Spiderman need to form some sort of team to get revenge on Fazza together
    Fazza's done em all over.

A big shame this club didn't recognize a winner when they saw one

#GoGetFazzaMazza

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Senior Mass Debater

To be honest £4.2m in this day and age in football is nothing and the legal costs of appealing might not be worth challenging it.

#nffc have appealed against the judgment made against them and in favour of former owner Fawaz Al-Hasawi.

Club anticipates appeal will be heard in the following months and says it’s: “Disappointed with the aggressive stance taken by Mr Al-Hasawi since the sale of the club.”

Club statement says Rt Hon Lord Justice Patten "confirms the club's grounds for appeal have a real prospect of success."

Deal will include new air conditioning in the Main Stand corporate facilities

Pity Fawaz didn't show this nous and resolve when directing our club.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Pity Fawaz didn't show this nous and resolve when directing our club.
    He did, 13m for a Champ kid worth about 3-4m one example. Folk just didn't recognize it, and were more bothered about militimillionares not having to go a day or two without their wage so their sniff dealers were payed on time.

Still, at least stuff like the season cards, football shirts, & club website are all bang up to speed now

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    He did, 13m for a Champ kid worth about 3-4m one example. Folk just didn't recognize it, and were more bothered about militimillionares not having to go a day or two without their wage so their sniff dealers were payed on time.

Still, at least stuff like the season cards, football shirts, & club website are all bang up to speed now
    Go on then Alf I’ll bite, are you seriously suggesting that Fawaz was a competent football club owner

It's all about mid-table...

He was a child in a mans body.

Senior Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    He was a child in a mans body.
    The complete opposite of Jimmy Savile.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Go on then Alf I’ll bite, are you seriously suggesting that Fawaz was a competent football club owner
    Not one bit mate. Just that he, like these new owners, had their flaws, and that some of the time said flaws were blown out of proportion. Esp with the media.

I'm glad this time round we're letting things slide a bit more.

Not one bit mate. Just that he, like these new owners, had their flaws, and that some of the time said flaws were blown out of proportion. Esp with the media.
    For some reason, the information about the Fawaz era that has stuck to my mind is Samantha Gordon's letter, soon after the takeover, asking local businesses to inform the club if they're owed money by it. That, for me, was the single most shocking piece of evidence. And that's certainly not due to media hype.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    For some reason, the information about the Fawaz era that has stuck to my mind is Samantha Gordon's letter, soon after the takeover, asking local businesses to inform the club if they're owed money by it. That, for me, was the single most shocking piece of evidence. And that's certainly not due to media hype.
    Like I say, some of said flaws. Twitter, sales of players like Burke which were great deals made out to be awful deals etc.

That's my entire point. Valid criticism, such as said payments to local business, is valid. But at times absolutely anything which could be used to slate him with was. And that was just a witch hunt.

Fawaz isn't and wasn't fit to lick Marinakis' Dog's water bowl.

Lightyears apart.

Not even a debate to be had with it. Unless you like to play devils advocate for the sake of it, of course.

That's my entire point. Valid criticism, such as said payments to local business, is valid. But at times absolutely anything which could be used to slate him with was. And that was just a witch hunt.
    Coming within hours of having to play our first home game of the season behind-closed-doors due to his failure to recognise the importance of the club having to hold a valid H & S certificate was a particular highlight of his crass incompetence Alf, without overlooking the embarrassment of those almost-monthly winding-up petitions.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 22-06-19 at 15:28.

Coming within hours of having to play our first home game of the season behind-closed-doors due to his failure to recognise the importance of the club having to hold a valid H & S certificate was a particular highlight of his crass incompetence Alf, without overlooking the embarrassment of those almost-monthly winding-up petitions.
    Not like Alf to have a very heavily tinted pair of rose coloured spectacles on, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Not like Alf to have a very heavily tinted pair of rose coloured spectacles on, is it?
    Bit harsh mate. I just think he occasionally takes on the wrong subject for his devil's advocacy.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 22-06-19 at 17:49.

Bit harsh mate. I just think he occasionally takes on the wrong subject for his devil's advocasy.
    The guy is a born contrarian, which is fair enough. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is why I like spending my free time on here talking about Forest.

This current Fawaz thing is a bit mental tho - we made some decent money from transfers now and again but to gloss over how insanely awful his tenure as NFFC owner was takes some real dedication.

Without a doubt Otis. Both in reply to Mullet & MJX, I'm not saying Fazza was better than EM. As you rightly say, I'm just trying to add a bit of balance that the things he did get right we're still often hailed as major wrong doings.

He may have shot the Sheriff, but he didn't shoot every deputy.

I don't know where this nonsense that he did well with transfer fees even comes from either.

he sold Lascelles for £5m. Chelsea/Utd were linked at £25m and it was said to be well below what Newcastle would accept. Pearce himself said we sold him far too cheaply.

Antonio went for £7m and if you wanted him now, I bet West Ham would want double that.

Burke went for £13m, no sell-on, and despite him underperforming, Leipzig sold him on for a profit. That deal actually killed the Marinakis deal at that point too.

Assomablonga went at his release clause of £15m. I'd say that's about the only one where we had a team's pants down really. (i'm not even sure if Fawaz was owning then, think it might have already changed hands)

Fawaz sold the crown jewels because his management of the club was so poor, he had to, because he was missing tax payments, not paying local businesses, other clubs money we owed them and nearly got the ground closed down.

FFS he was an actual disgrace. He tore apart every part of this club. Our attendance dropped to shocking levels. Off the pitch he was a disaster in every facet, no staff to even run the club day to day. On the pitch he made us worse every year.

It literally couldn't be more opposite to what has happened here since EM took over.

We've got better on the pitch every year, we're a respected club again. Attendances/ST sales better than ever before. We are bringing the local community back together, supporting local businesses rather than crippling them.

Alf you make some crazy points sometimes, but this is by far the worst attempt ever.

Fawaz didn't shoot the sheriff or deputy, because he shot himself in the face.

He may have shot the Sheriff, but he didn't shoot every deputy.
    No, he just sacked them.

I admire your efforts to attempt to defend the bloke Alf, but some people are totally and utterly undefendable, and al-Hasawi is one of them I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I don't know where this nonsense that he did well with transfer fees even comes from either.

he sold Lascelles for £5m. Chelsea/Utd were linked at £25m and it was said to be well below what Newcastle would accept. Pearce himself said we sold him far too cheaply.

Antonio went for £7m and if you wanted him now, I bet West Ham would want double that.

Burke went for £13m, no sell-on, and despite him underperforming, Leipzig sold him on for a profit. That deal actually killed the Marinakis deal at that point too.

Assomablonga went at his release clause of £15m. I'd say that's about the only one where we had a team's pants down really. (i'm not even sure if Fawaz was owning then, think it might have already changed hands)

Fawaz sold the crown jewels because his management of the club was so poor, he had to, because he was missing tax payments, not paying local businesses, other clubs money we owed them and nearly got the ground closed down.

FFS he was an actual disgrace. He tore apart every part of this club. Our attendance dropped to shocking levels. Off the pitch he was a disaster in every facet, no staff to even run the club day to day. On the pitch he made us worse every year.

It literally couldn't be more opposite to what has happened here since EM took over.

We've got better on the pitch every year, we're a respected club again. Attendances/ST sales better than ever before. We are bringing the local community back together, supporting local businesses rather than crippling them.

Alf you make some crazy points sometimes, but this is by far the worst attempt ever.

Fawaz didn't shoot the sheriff or deputy, because he shot himself in the face.
    See that's what I mean, pure villanization.

Anyone moaning at 13m for Burke because the deal didn't have a sell on is the type of person who'd moan PVH didn't have any pace, or Reid was overweight.