Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Will you be too pissed to care?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 17.65%
  • Yesh!!

8 15.69%
  • Billy Davies!!

34 66.67%
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Matchday 32 - Burton Albinos vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread

Default Re: Matchday 32 - Burton Albinos vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread

Reading this thread it looks like Lolley was causing them problems so losing him early on was huge.

Cold light of day I don't think a point was a bad result. I just hope this corner we need to turn appears soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not that type of player

Default Re: Matchday 32 - Burton Albinos vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho's Dragon View Post
    Spot on.

I was there and that's how I saw it.

Fans were egging Eric on to exact revenge after he was kicked hard a few seconds before the incident.

I was distracted by someone getting kicked out near me and missed the card being shown but as soon as he went flying in some celebrated but there was an air of resignation that it was going to be all hands to the pump for 60 mins plus.

I think we could've won with 11 and even with 10 we had a chance.

I'm quite positive - a good workout for a new look defence which they wouldn't have had, the way we were controlling it early doors.

I think showing that resilience was the boost we needed - 3pts would've been better still but I don't buy into this doom and gloom.

Clapped the lads as they came over to thank us for the support and it felt like a win almost.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I agree , this is the most important thing. We’ve been a soft touch all season, and a resilient backs to the wall shut out should help boost morale.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    Championship clubs sorted by avg age according to transfer markt

Alright, take out “younger” then.

Point is, nearly every team seems to out work us, beat us to every ball, break on us etc. I’ve no problem with older players if they can hack it but it’s clear the likes of Vaughan and Murphy are struggling and the older you get the more easily they seem to pick up injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    We ran the game for the first 20 mins, Eric gets sent off & the job becomes considerably harder. Irrespective of how good we perceive Burton to be.

We either replicate our earlier season away form, have a crack & lose or we grind out a solid performance & take a hard earned away point.

I think over analysis beyond that is moaning for the sake of it.

That's progress for me, as long as we back it up with a good showing against Reading.
    Or win.

You seem to have forgotten but we won games playing like that as well as lost some.

Quote Originally Posted by derbyshirered View Post
    Should not have played Darikwa,Lickhaj would not have been sent off at right back,Fuentes knows how to plty left back.Completley different angles.
    Despite having a good game, Lichaj's red card is Darikwa's fault. F f s.

Fucking hell, I’m feeling a bit rough today, good day out with the lads we started about 09.00am & finished off in the Royal Children around 11.00pm

Game was shite but a decent point with 10 men, can’t argue the red card Lihaj was a twat for doing that, Ben Watson looks a cracking signing & the kid at cb did ok

6 players from England, 1 from Scotland in starting 11. Positive. I don´t like too much football teams with players from 11 different countries.

Big positive was seeing Pantillimon looking so commanding and switched on. He inspires confidence and looked much more settled with the team yesterday.

On another note, Martin Samuelsen is a very good player. The only player for Burton with any ideas and has that touch of class on the ball. On loan from West Ham, I'd try to get him on loan next season if we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    hedge hopping, classic activity

horrible for the people who hedges you were trashing, but great fun
    Until the house occupant lay in wait to twat me, safe in the knowledge that I wouldn't tell my parents or I'd get another one

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    We ran the game for the first 20 mins,
    We've done that in quite a few matches lately, but then conceded, thankfully we didn't yesterday.

Was just a few yards from Eric's tackle, looked ok from where I was sat, he got the ball and the Burton player made a lot of it. Watching it on tv, ok, it looks bad and I can understand why the ref sent him off. But for the linesman to see that and miss so many Burton misdemeanors beggars belief.

Brereton went down too easily again as is often the case, reminds me of Matt Derbyshire in his first season with us. As someone else pointed out, he's going to gain a reputation and refs will think twice before ruling in his favour when he is genuinely brought down in the 18 yard box.

On one hand 2 points lost, on the other, 1 gained. 3 points on Tuesday please.

Where the f*** does it say it's Darikwas fault idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Forestjones View Post
    We've done that in quite a few matches lately, but then conceded, thankfully we didn't yesterday.

Was just a few yards from Eric's tackle, looked ok from where I was sat, he got the ball and the Burton player made a lot of it. Watching it on tv, ok, it looks bad and I can understand why the ref sent him off. But for the linesman to see that and miss so many Burton misdemeanors beggars belief.

Brereton went down too easily again as is often the case, reminds me of Matt Derbyshire in his first season with us. As someone else pointed out, he's going to gain a reputation and refs will think twice before ruling in his favour when he is genuinely brought down in the 18 yard box.

On one hand 2 points lost, on the other, 1 gained. 3 points on Tuesday please.
    I noticed how easily they went down and how much they moaned, obviously a tactic Clough wanted to employ but I was surprised he would employ that kind of tactic. Agree re: Brereton as well.