Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Will you be too pissed to care?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 17.65%
  • Yesh!!

8 15.69%
  • Billy Davies!!

34 66.67%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Matchday 32 - Burton Albinos vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread

The Wand!

Default Re: Matchday 32 - Burton Albinos vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    6 weeks is a long time when your a kid.
    Summer holidays lasted forever, bird nesting, scrumping, making dens, hedge hopping, gluesniffing...

Every dog has its day

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 32 - Burton Albinos vs Nottingham Forest - Official Matchday Thread

hedge hopping, classic activity

horrible for the people who hedges you were trashing, but great fun

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    hedge hopping, classic activity

horrible for the people who hedges you were trashing, but great fun
    I nearly got impaled on one outing. Jumped a hedge and landed on a short cane stuck in the ground with my chest. It bruised and winded me, but when the bloke let his alsation out I soon moved

Purveyor of exotic goods

Quote Originally Posted by Richard H Harrison View Post
    Who makes these decisions at our club? Truly shocking on every level!
    What r u banging on about chief?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left Winger

Championship - last 7 season average age

17/18 - 26.5
    16/17 - 23.9
    15/16 - 23.8
    14/15 - 23.7
    13/14 - 24.5
    12/13 - 23.6
    11/12 - 23.3

this season is big jump in age, but in general football in this league is getting older
    And this is often because players are getting pushed out of the top division by foreign imports and are ending up scratching around in the Championship.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Purveyor of exotic goods

Championship - last 7 season average age

17/18 - 26.5
    16/17 - 23.9
    15/16 - 23.8
    14/15 - 23.7
    13/14 - 24.5
    12/13 - 23.6
    11/12 - 23.3

this season is big jump in age, but in general football in this league is getting older
    Thatís a massive jump. Does that mean all the youthdem are on loan to league 1 and 2... or do those stands include players on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomato View Post
    That’s a massive jump. Does that mean all the youthdem are on loan to league 1 and 2... or do those stands include players on loan?

Registrants. So players out on loan are not included but oldie crocks are.

31 squad players and we are still putting the round peg in the square hole still or the square peg in the round hole..

Not sure what to make of this performance, we sounded on until the ridiculous sending off and then sounded second best for the rest of the game.

A point with 10 men is usually decent point but my friend who went said it was again awful, was that down to Lichaj i dont know.

We must win v Reading now otherwise we are in a relegation struggle.

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Not sure what to make of this performance, we sounded on until the ridiculous sending off and then sounded second best for the rest of the game.

A point with 10 men is usually decent point but my friend who went said it was again awful, was that down to Lichaj i dont know.

We must win v Reading now otherwise we are in a relegation struggle.
    We could be playing Notts and Mansfield in THE LEAGUE next season. You up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    We could be playing Notts and Mansfield in THE LEAGUE next season. You up for it?
    Ive been a st holder for 15 years 3 in L1 so yes i will be.. Not quite sure whay your point is though.

The Wand!

Ive been a st holder for 15 years 3 in L1 so yes i will be.. Not quite sure whay your point is though.
    I'm trying to say be positive and keep behind them. Don't be part of what could take us down.

I'm trying to say be positive and keep behind them. Don't be part of what could take us down.
    Im not, i literally said im not sure how to take the result, on paper its decent but my friend who went said it was awful so im conflicted.

I never fully agree with the radio as i listen to radio notts at games and they get many things wrong (as everyone does). So their opinion is not 100% a tru reflection.

Ive also not booed at a game since i was an idiotic teen (probably a decade ago now) and ive always got behind the manager and team im if anything a happy clapper! (and i hate that saying)

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    I've watched this back 5 times now and I still can't decide!

It was stupid at best and you can hardly be critical of the ref for giving it whether you think he's right or not.
    Looks like Fox giving lichaj some mouth too. Not a happy chappy is he

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Chriscl - That is a singularly unimpressive avatar. I thought at least you should have gone for Ferdinand Porsche? There are some great old pics of him on the web.....a couple that are somewhat awkward, but you can ignore those.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    You know what has happened. None of us know what will happen.
    We can have a bloody good guess

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    I like your optimism today Ray.
    Iím afraid I feel really negative about us atm. And am really struggling to think of a run of such poor performances. Maybe at the end of PM reign?.
    I've got me mask on pal, I'm worried.

Im not, i literally said im not sure how to take the result, on paper its decent but my friend who went said it was awful so im conflicted.

I never fully agree with the radio as i listen to radio notts at games and they get many things wrong (as everyone does). So their opinion is not 100% a tru reflection.

Ive also not booed at a game since i was an idiotic teen (probably a decade ago now) and ive always got behind the manager and team im if anything a happy clapper! (and i hate that saying)
    Even if it was, does it matter if it was awful, we played an hour with 10 men in a relegation scrap.

We are at the point of the season where we should take awful every week if it gets us results.

I would be more worried if we were ‘awful’ a couple of games into next season - now, it is irellevant.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I would be more worried if we were ‘awful’ a couple of games into next season - now, it is irellevant.
    A sad indictment indeed after all the changes of managers and playing staff we keep going through.

Gross incompetence and negligence for numerous years.

We ran the game for the first 20 mins, Eric gets sent off & the job becomes considerably harder. Irrespective of how good we perceive Burton to be.

We either replicate our earlier season away form, have a crack & lose or we grind out a solid performance & take a hard earned away point.

I think over analysis beyond that is moaning for the sake of it.

That's progress for me, as long as we back it up with a good showing against Reading.

Summer holidays lasted forever, bird nesting, scrumping, making dens, hedge hopping, gluesniffing...
    You missed out playing dirty doctors with the local girls up in Gedling Woods... that made time fly by.

And as to the game: would the obtaining of a draw away at Burton, who are fighting for Championship survival, have been as creditable if Forest have had 11 men on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes?
    I ask, because for me it illustrates how fine the margins are in terms of our opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    We ran the game for the first 20 mins, Eric gets sent off & the job becomes considerably harder. Irrespective of how good we perceive Burton to be.

We either replicate our earlier season away form, have a crack & lose or we grind out a solid performance & take a hard earned away point.

I think over analysis beyond that is moaning for the sake of it.

That's progress for me, as long as we back it up with a good showing against Reading.
    Spot on.

I was there and that's how I saw it.

Fans were egging Eric on to exact revenge after he was kicked hard a few seconds before the incident.

I was distracted by someone getting kicked out near me and missed the card being shown but as soon as he went flying in some celebrated but there was an air of resignation that it was going to be all hands to the pump for 60 mins plus.

I think we could've won with 11 and even with 10 we had a chance.

I'm quite positive - a good workout for a new look defence which they wouldn't have had, the way we were controlling it early doors.

I think showing that resilience was the boost we needed - 3pts would've been better still but I don't buy into this doom and gloom.

Clapped the lads as they came over to thank us for the support and it felt like a win almost.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Point at Burton is horrific

Point at Burton when your full back loses his mind after 20 mins aint so bad a result.

Thats a game wed have lost a few weeks back

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Barry; Today at 09:27.

Anyone who was there knew as soon as he made that challenge (if you can even call it that) that it was a red card. He's that f***ing stupid he even managed to hurt himself in the process. Ridiculous thing to do after 70-80 minutes let alone after less than 30.

In no way excusing his action by saying this - but if the Lino or Ref spot the incident 30 seconds earlier it doesn't happen and it would be them down to 10 men. Still doesn't mean you get up and react like he did, especially when you're one of the more experienced heads in the dressing room.

Once we were down to 10 men it was about not losing, as frustrating as that was to watch against a pretty shit Burton Albion team.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Anyone who was there knew as soon as he made that challenge (if you can even call it that) that it was a red card. He's that f***ing stupid he even managed to hurt himself in the process. Ridiculous thing to do after 70-80 minutes let alone after less than 30.
    Fucking stone wall red card, always backed Eric the player, so don't have any reservations about digging him out for costing us the game yesterday.

Yet another scenario where a senior pro comes up short of whats required.