Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,126 to 1,148 of 1148

Thread: Jack Colback

Default Re: Jack Colback

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Colback in Jan makes alot of sense. With Watsons influence already diluting, I only see that situation worsening as we go.

Aside from the fact Bostocks a loanee, I dont think Colback necessarily wins that battle, Bostocks probably got a better longer passing range.
    i dont think its diluting, with sow he looks a class act but semedo and yates will play further forward exposing him more.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Folk may site his wages as a problem, but Bostock & Semedo will have cost us almost as much in wages anyway, for far less a return.

I'd trade both those two for Colback in an instant, and would have pre-season.
    What do you base this assumption off?

Bostock signed for Toulouse for less than a million quid, they sit just outside the relegation spots in Ligue 1 and the French league outside of a couple of clubs is poor as shit. Semedo is a effectively a Benfica youth player who was signed from Moreirense. Nobody knows the figures but they would have to both be on 20-25k per week to be at Colback's reported 45-50k a week wage.

I'm all for bringing Colback back, because I think he is a better player than Ben Watson. Simple as that really.

Nottingham's dirty secret

Colback, Sow and Carv/Silva.

Yes please!

In any case, if you don't want him, we'd gladly take him. We basically have only three central midfielders; I'm very happy with all three of them, but they'll need a new pair of lungs and feet by the end of the season if there's no alternative to them.

I'm sure Colback will end up in a EM team in January. Would you be so kind as to buy him and then lend him to us?

Senior Doom Monger

Colback... not sure we want him.
    He puts the M in Mercenary to my mind.
    We have a set of lads who seem to respect each other.
    If Colback comes in on £40k per week it might just rock the boat that we don't want to be rocked at the moment.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    What do you base this assumption off?

Bostock signed for Toulouse for less than a million quid, they sit just outside the relegation spots in Ligue 1 and the French league outside of a couple of clubs is poor as shit. Semedo is a effectively a Benfica youth player who was signed from Moreirense. Nobody knows the figures but they would have to both be on 20-25k per week to be at Colback's reported 45-50k a week wage.

I'm all for bringing Colback back, because I think he is a better player than Ben Watson. Simple as that really.
    I'll put it this way instead, I think both Semedos & Bostock's wage would be better spent going towards Colback's wage instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    If Colback comes in on £40k per week it might just rock the boat that we don't want to be rocked at the moment.
    I agree, if he wanted to come he'd of offered to take a substantial pay cut and sign. I don't think we need him either Sow is better and Yates looked the part today.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Based on what? Colback was extremely popular in the dressing room and still plays golf with a lot of the Forest players.

Anybody that would turn their nose up to Colback would need their heads checking, the guy is quality.

I'd love Colback to return.

Watson is having a brilliant renaissance and proven a lot of us wrong.

But Colback is better. There are times they could play together in SL's system and it'd be perfect. But I think there's times we could have him instead of Watson and probably have a more progressive midfield in home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    I'll put it this way instead, I think both Semedos & Bostock's wage would be better spent going towards Colback's wage instead.
    Fair point and I would agree with that.

I too would swap Colback for both of Semedo and Bostock.

What I would imagine is that those two combined still don't reach Colback's Newcastle salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Based on what? Colback was extremely popular in the dressing room and still plays golf with a lot of the Forest players.

Anybody that would turn their nose up to Colback would need their heads checking, the guy is quality.
    then you can sponsor his premiership wages then. he's not needed. forest is doing fine without him.

Not only do I hope that we sign Colback, but I hope that when we do Col returns to post.

That way Col's back for Colback.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    then you can sponsor his premiership wages then. he's not needed. forest is doing fine without him.
    We don’t have to pay all of his Newcastle wages. We will pay a proportion but not all. How much we pay will depend on Newcastle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    We don’t have to pay all of his Newcastle wages. We will pay a proportion but not all. How much we pay will depend on Newcastle.

i highly doubt we can get to loan colback again. his contract ends in the summer. let colback stew in the unemployment line until he lower his wages demands

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

How do you know what his wage demands are?

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

No doubt that Newcastle would rather be paying a % of his wage rather than the full amount. He's out of contract in six months and the Geordies will be unable to sell him in January and so they aren't left with many options apart from offering him out on loan or terminating his deal. That being said... any transfers linking him with Forest over the summer seemed to be more based on the logic of the deal than anything especially clear from the two clubs in question. His family still live in the area, Newcastle and Forest could have probably negotiated a wage compromise towards the end of the summer window, and we'd have probably been his first choice as a destination. That he isn't at Forest probably indicates we didn't push hard for his signature.

If we're going to sign him it may well be structured in a similar way to Watson and Guedioura's move to the club. Their former clubs offered to terminate their deal, a lump sum was paid to them as a signing on fee, and then a lower weekly wage was agreed at Forest.

Last edited by Tobias; 11-11-19 at 02:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    No doubt that Newcastle would rather be paying a % of his wage rather than the full amount. He's out of contract in six months and the Geordies will be unable to sell him in January and so they aren't left with many options apart from offering him out on loan or terminating his deal. That being said... any transfers linking him with Forest over the summer seemed to be more based on the logic of the deal than anything especially clear from the two clubs in question. His family still live in the area, Newcastle and Forest could have probably negotiated a wage compromise towards the end of the summer window, and we'd have probably been his first choice as a destination. That he isn't at Forest probably indicates we didn't push hard for his signature.

If we're going to sign him it may well be structured in a similar way to Watson and Guedioura's move to the club. Their former clubs offered to terminate their deal, a lump sum was paid to them as a signing on fee, and then a lower weekly wage was agreed at Forest.
    I would be happy if that were to happen.

Colback seems to have been labelled a mercenary based on the fact that he wanted to fight for a place in a Premier League squad.

I would be happy if that were to happen.

Colback seems to have been labelled a mercenary based on the fact that he wanted to fight for a place in a Premier League squad.

He's been labelled a mercenary because a club was foolish enough to offer him a wage that with the vision of hindsight was possibly beyond his contributions on the pitch (although looking at some of the crap that has made it into the Newcastle midfield this season, perhaps that's debatable).
    Realistically the only reason he hasn't found a new club is because there aren't any at this level willing to match his current wage. Why should he accept a lower wage elsewhere when he has a young family to support and Cashley is giving him an apparent £35k per week? He'll no doubt move on in the summer elsewhere for a lower wage, but not before he's earned the best part of a million between now and then. Nothing wrong with that at all IMO. If the Geordies have any sense, they'll offer to terminate his deal for a significant contribution of the earnings he'd collect over the remainder of his deal and he'd find his way back to Forest on a free transfer.
    I'd still love him back at the club. He's only 30, knows the current squad and I think he could fit into either of the CM roles Lamouchi likes to employ.

If we really wanted him or he really wanted to leave his current wage we would have got him in the summer. He will sit out his Newcastle wage.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 11-11-19 at 15:55.

Default Jack Colback

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Again, if we really wanted him or he really wanted to leave his current wage we would have got him in the summer. He will sit out his Newcastle wage.
    I don’t believe wages are the issue here.

Steve Bruce went into Newcastle and Colback was suddenly in from the cold. Why at that point would he want to drop to the Championship? It was only when Colback was left out of Newcastle’s squad that we could have made a move - by which point, the window was all but shut.

I don’t believe wages are the issue here.

Steve Bruce went into Newcastle and Colback was suddenly in from the cold. Why at that point would he want to drop to the Championship? It was only when Colback was left out of Newcastle’s squad that we could have made a move - by which point, the window was all but shut.

We were only paying a % of it when we had him on loan. It is well publicised how large his wage is. He was a big signing from Sunderland on a free transfer.

Either Newcastle stuffed him over or by the time Newcastle communicated with him it was too late for interest like you say but surely it is less likely. He had to have an idea of where he was in the pecking order coming from championship football.

If we think back, Colback could never commit himself to saying he would leave Newcastle for us despite how much he was loving it here. It was complicated he kept saying. In football today, players tend to make things happen if they can through their agents. It has got to be a stumbling block. He sat in the cold not playing before at Newcastle before we finally took a punt and he was willing to leave.

And this is not me knocking Jack at all. I do think we have moved on from him as we trying to be smarter with wages.

Whilst he'd be a great signing, for the fee esp, we do have bigger fish to fry.

If we can't get him & a quality winger + backup forrad, he has to make way.

All 3 wouldn't half be fucking nice though.