Default Re: Jack Colback

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    There is a reason he was POTS runner up last year
    First glance I read that as POTUS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Forum Tactician

Colback was top drawer last season. Easy to forget with the euphoria over our start to this season.

Short memories.

Miserable bastard

Midfield is much better stocked now. If we brought him in at this point it would feel like overkill and someone would be surplus to requirements.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Midfield is much better stocked now. If we brought him in at this point it would feel like overkill and someone would be surplus to requirements.
    Watsonother addition to the bomb squad

Jack is younger and more savvy. If he came on a free with sensible wages - hell have resale value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    With Colback instead of Watson, you'd have one of the best midfields in the league, combining youth and experience, strength and positional awareness, excellent short and long passing range, defensive dominance and speed going forward.

And I think he'd fit in perfectly both with Sow and with Semedo.

Senior Doom Monger

Re-writing history there.

There is a reason he was POTS runner up last year as a defensive midfielder!
    I don't think I am rewriting history at all.
    Last season Colback was outstanding in a midfield that was weak.
    He deserved POTS runner-up award, and I think our 9th position finish was in no small part down to his presence.
    However, we now have a far stronger midfield, which has size, skill and collectively is probably on the 40k per week in total!
    I was thinking more about the "now" rather than the past.
    And "now" we have got players equal to and better than Colback.
    And at 40k per week it would be robbery and potentially create disharmony among the rest of SL's squad.

If Colback could negotiate a termination of his current contract with Newcastle he'd be an excellent signing on a free transfer. No other club is going to pay him what he's currently earning.

Menior Sember

If he did come back and we swapped him for Watson in that DM role I'd fancy us for the top six

Forum Tactician

We've a better looking midfield this season, but of the live options, I'd suggest only Watson can be considered for that lone quarterback role. Definitely think theres room for Colback, he's also made for that position.

We'd be seriously stronger if we got him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    If Colback could negotiate a termination of his current contract with Newcastle he'd be an excellent signing on a free transfer. No other club is going to pay him what he's currently earning.
    Can't see it happening considering Newcastle took up an extra year in his deal last year to try and get some money out of us or somebody.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

JCs Mrs & Kids still attending David Lloyds in wb. Can see him coming back in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see it happening considering Newcastle took up an extra year in his deal last year to try and get some money out of us or somebody.
    If his contract expires in the summer, he can sign wherever he wants for free and play next season; Newcastle have no say in this.

So, if Colback himself wants to play for Forest (and his family situation suggests he does), then the choice Newcastle are faced with in January is either holding him until the summer and lose another million in wages without getting any money for him, or allowing him to come to Forest for free and cut back on their loss.

And the choice Colback is faced with, is either sign for Forest where he knows he's wanted and where he's making a home on a multi-year deal with a significant deduction of wages, or try to get more money somewhere, relocating his family, while being without playing time for a whole year.

I think you have the upper hand here.

It seems strange this one wasn’t done and dusted. Although a nice situation to be in, 4 months off on 50k a week before securing your long term future after a nice blow out at Xmas

Seems that footballers are the only workers who have an iron-clad contract these days.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Watson could have the season of his life and he'll still be 35 next year.

Sow looks a great phsyical presence, but more of a hustler who'll play as the 2nd of a 2, or one of a midfield 4 than a quarterback.

Semedo is only on loan, Silva need to adapt to the league still.

If we land Colback & a quality attacking player in Jan (plus plug any holes which appear) I'll be well chuffed.

I think we'll go for promotion this year, but realistically this year is a real foundation layer, whilst next season will be the real push on. And having Colback here to cement that would be great.

move forward, not back. until his wages demabds is more reasonable, no championship team should touch him as shown why no team came in for him.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Watson could have the season of his life and he'll still be 35 next year.

Sow looks a great phsyical presence, but more of a hustler who'll play as the 2nd of a 2, or one of a midfield 4 than a quarterback.

Semedo is only on loan, Silva need to adapt to the league still.

If we land Colback & a quality attacking player in Jan (plus plug any holes which appear) I'll be well chuffed.

I think we'll go for promotion this year, but realistically this year is a real foundation layer, whilst next season will be the real push on. And having Colback here to cement that would be great.
    Colback would fit well in Lamouchi's side. Replace Watson with him in January and it's an excellent upgrade.

Although props to Watson because I think he's been good this season.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

It's all about mid-table...

Stick wi Watto.