Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tobias Figueiredo

Default Re: Tobias Figueiredo

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Time to get respected and knowledgeable opinion on Toby and here it is.

Tiago Estêvão

@TiagoEstv
    5m5 minutes ago
    More Tiago Estêvão Retweeted Grant
    So apparently Tobias Figueiredo has both Forest & Leeds after him. If there's a place he can fit in it's in the Championship. Strong, quick, great in the air.
    His positioning is questionable and he's often overly aggressive, but when in Rome...
    If he joins us and ends up in Rome his positioning is very questionable.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Given that we have a Portugueuse defender whose name begins with Figueir- (Diogo Figueiras, RB), and given that, although he is a decent player he is by far the most brainless player I have ever seen (he will from time to time make incredible mistakes and he will quite often pick up cards for quarreling in the worst possible moment of the game), I have a very bad feeling for this Figueireido.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Given that we have a Portugueuse defender whose name begins with Figueir- (Diogo Figueiras, RB), and given that, although he is a decent player he is by far the most brainless player I have ever seen (he will from time to time make incredible mistakes and he will quite often pick up cards for quarreling in the worst possible moment of the game), I have a very bad feeling for this Figueireido.
    Did you just describe the Portugese Matt Mills?

Menior Sember

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Did you just describe the Portugese Matt Mills?
    Mateus Millnos?

Incidentally, if you plan to get a young CB, I have a Greek option:

Mavropanos could very well become the next Manolas. Very strong, excellent in tackling, not bad with the ball at his feet, scores a lot with headers. Still a bit rough around the edges obviously, but great material to work with.

We were on the verge of signing him for 800K euros (which is a relatively high price for a 20-year Greek from a small club), but then Wenger stepped in with his more than 2m.
    I read in the Greek press that they are in love with him at Arsenal and that they try to loan him out because they think he's too good to play for the U23. They tried to send him to some German teams, and now they try to send him to whichever team in the Championship is interested.

This looks like the first signing. Possibly this evening. Another very close.

There's another reason I have a bad feeling for this, but I don't want to spoil your joy over your first transfer in months.

Warp Speed Chic

There's another reason I have a bad feeling for this, but I don't want to spoil your joy over your first transfer in months.
    Tell us, as at least he's not one of the many duds we got from Oly

Is it the fact he's got the same agent as Marco Silva, Paulo Bento and Andre Martins? Clearly has some link with Marinkais.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Mateus Millnos?
    More likely to sign Mateus Rose...

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Is it the fact he's got the same agent as Marco Silva, Paulo Bento and Andre Martins? Clearly has some link with Marinkais.
    Glad I didn't have to spill it out myself. As I had said after the summer transfer window, not only none of your signings had anything to do with the agents with whom we often do business with, but you weren't even linked with any of their clients. Now your first post-MW signing is a client of André Gonçalves, an agent with whom we have done many dealings in the past.

To make things even worse, links with the big agents is not useful so much in the acquisition end of transfer business for a club in your (and our) range, but mostly on the sale end of the business...

Glad I didn't have to spill it out myself. As I had said after the summer transfer window, not only none of your signings had anything to do with the agents with whom we often do business with, but you weren't even linked with any of their clients. Now your first post-MW signing is a client of André Gonçalves, an agent with whom we have done many dealings in the past.

To make things even worse, links with the big agents is not useful so much in the acquisition end of transfer business for a club in your (and our) range, but mostly on the sale end of the business...
    Well considering it sounds like Vrentzos is doing transfer work for us, it wouldn't bother me if Karanka has gone to him and said "I need a centre half; tall, strong, quick, good in the air, I'll leave it to you." I'd expect them to be using those links as long as there is a balance and Karanka also gets players he's targeted specifically.

That's alright, we've got this wicked portugese centre back Milnos we wanna get rid of

Well considering it sounds like Vrentzos is doing transfer work for us, it wouldn't bother me if Karanka has gone to him and said "I need a centre half; tall, strong, quick, good in the air, I'll leave it to you." I'd expect them to be using those links as long as there is a balance and Karanka also gets players he's targeted specifically.
    This is probably the case.

Add in that it'll be a six month loan with the option to buy, I don't see anything wrong with it.

That's not the right way to do transfer choices. Football people should make the choices, and Vrentzos does football business, not football. Even with the agents' links, there are other ways to compile a list of targets. Sure, two or three agents with which the clubs deems it's profitable in the long run to do business with will make suggestions, others (be it the DoF, the manager, scouters, or any other football people in the club) will make other suggestions, and then the manager will chose which of the financially viable options is the right man for him. It should never be the CEO; his job is to make the decisions others make happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Vrentzos imposed a choice on Karanka, he has never done that on any manager of Olympiacos. I'm just wondering if there's a sufficient team of football people to help Karanka make choices at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that Vrentzos imposed a choice on Karanka, he has never done that on any manager of Olympiacos. I'm just wondering if there's a sufficient team of football people to help Karanka make choices at the moment.
    Almost certainly not, but we already knew that. The previous owner completely gutted the scouting system, don't know how much was done to fix that over the summer but it's still likely not up there with our divisional peers.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Call me naive, but I really don't envisage Karanka as a manager who will willingly accept a player foisted on him for the sole purpose of doing a favour for an agent.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

That's not the right way to do transfer choices. Football people should make the choices, and Vrentzos does football business, not football. Even with the agents' links, there are other ways to compile a list of targets. Sure, two or three agents with which the clubs deems it's profitable in the long run to do business with will make suggestions, others (be it the DoF, the manager, scouters, or any other football people in the club) will make other suggestions, and then the manager will chose which of the financially viable options is the right man for him. It should never be the CEO; his job is to make the decisions others make happen.

It's all a bit too similar to how we operated last year for my liking tbh.

But time will tell.

Impressive member

Doesn't Karanka's daughter work for an agency?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Worrall replacement, queue the mega shit storm

"But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
    But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash
    It's a gas, gas, gas"

I see he can do tea pot impersonations. He should be good in tea time games.

We won’t get anyone in this window whose any good if we do it’ll be to keep the mob happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Mateus Millnos?
    Sminky pinky.
    Butros butros Gali.

Looks like he can score a few goals from set pieces.

We haven't had one of them since Matt Mills under Dougie Freedman.

Has anyone thought that this guy might be a direct replacement for either Hobbs or Mills?..and not Worrell.